Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

kimi

• Moderators

The youth have awoken from their slumber and it is a pleasing sight to behold.

In the past few days, I've heard tale after tale of people's experiences with these "officers of the law". It is frightful to say the least. It is disheartening.

Are you activiely protesting or are you lending your voice or resources in other ways?

Keep us updated and please Stay Safe

Really disheartening seeing what is going on with the police brutality... love how the youths are not relenting and gaining strength in this fight!

Most of all... I love love love the way WOMEN have shown the world how to get things done!!! Yet again 😒

The protest continues till they give us what we want!!!

#ENDSARS #ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

• Moderators
23 hours ago, MissBanks said:

Most of all... I love love love the way WOMEN have shown the world how to get things done!!! Yet again 😒

You can say that again. They make us proud.

• Moderators

To Whom It May Concern:

The protest grounds are an interesting place to meet people. Perhaps your next girl could be out there Lol. ☻

• Moderators

It is intetesting that the government has agreed to pay ASUU's outstanding N30b in allowances while also set to re-negotiate other terms.

Okay... so this takes care of student protesters once lectures resume. Lol. What about the umemployed youths? (and there are loads in this category). I'm eager to see the strategy that would be deployed. Lol

13 hours ago, kimi said:

To Whom It May Concern:

The protest grounds are an interesting place to meet people. Perhaps your next girl could be out there Lol. ☻

We are trying to focus please 😣

13 hours ago, kimi said:

It is intetesting that the government has agreed to pay ASUU's outstanding N30b in allowances while also set to re-negotiate other terms.

Okay... so this takes care of student protesters once lectures resume. Lol. What about the umemployed youths? (and there are loads in this category). I'm eager to see the strategy that would be deployed. Lol

Just to show us how wicked they are. All these strategies just because they don't want to do the right thing.
But last last. They can either do the right thing now, or in the next few years Nigeria will go to war. Its inevitable.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Hawken said:

Just to show us how wicked they are. All these strategies just because they don't want to do the right thing.
But last last. They can either do the right thing now, or in the next few years Nigeria will go to war. Its inevitable.

I'm getting worried now as more and more hoodlums are at the fore trying to ruin it for us. 

10 hours ago, kimi said:

I'm getting worried now as more and more hoodlums are at the fore trying to ruin it for us. 

I've been to the protests a few times, the thugs there are there for change plus the free food and swag.
The thugs themselves are also tired of the way the country is. So any thug that's causing trouble is government sponsored.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Hawken said:

So any thug that's causing trouble is government sponsored.

This has been proven today with the trending videos.

Shame indeed. Smh.

• Moderators

We keep a vigil for our comrades as they fight for us and fight for their lives.

#ratherusthanourchildren ✊🏾

• Moderators
8 hours ago, MissBanks said:

How did we get here? I’m so broken I can’t function anymore 💔 

Their death would not be in vain. Real change will come and it is we ourselves, Nigerians that will make it happen not an outsider. Enough of outsiders coming to solve our own problems. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

An absolutely inspiring speech. Lol. 

In summary: 
In Sen. Shehu Sani's words: "You ask for speech, you got the speech and now you are speechless"😶😁

• Moderators

What this experience has shown us is that there is more to the Nigerian youth than BBNaija. Lol. Certainly more.

What's next?

Educate yourself

Educate those around you

Start learning about politics and how you can influence policies at your level. E.g. how to recall a senator *wink*

Have a voice and be more active at your LG level. Participate. Attend the meetings. 

• Moderators

There is a lot of information out there. Quite overwhelming. Lol.

The #ENDSARS movement is evolving, out of which we've seen the Youth Party, countless webinars, the Wemove initiative etc... What I do these days is to take it one bite size at a time. 

I found this link for an event holding tomorrow. Find time to jump in when you can.

• 3 weeks later...