Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Friends with ex??

Lavive

What are your thoughts on being in a relationship while having ties with an ex gf? Yes or no? Should there be any boundaries? -S

• Moderators

Nothing wrong with having ties to an ex, but there should very CLEAR boundaries, with an understanding that your current girlfriend might have some reservations concerning those "ties".

• Upvote 1

Being friends wit an ex totally depends on what n how ur relationship ended in the first place...Define your boundaries frm the onset n stick to it...#just my thots#

• Administrators

Nothing wrong with having ties to an ex, but there should very CLEAR boundaries, with an understanding that your current girlfriend might have some reservations concerning those "ties".

Absolutely. There should be VERY CLEAR BOUNDARIES and the "ex" should respect your relationship.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Dats true....its not every ex that is worth talking to.....the good ones occasionally u communicate with dem,setting ur boundaries of course,the ones dat did so much wickedness to you,you just forget deir existence, no good record to remember them for,except when u think of their evil deeds they did to u.

• Like 1

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Ewoma said:

Dats true....its not every ex that is worth talking to.....the good ones occasionally u communicate with dem,setting ur boundaries of course,the ones dat did so much wickedness to you,you just forget deir existence, no good record to remember them for,except when u think of their evil deeds they did to u.

Hahahahahahahaha. I like you. 

Valid points there. Sometimes it's good riddance. 

On 4/5/2014 at 10:14 PM, Lavive said:

What are your thoughts on being in a relationship while having ties with an ex gf? Yes or no? Should there be any boundaries? -S

I tell a prospective girlfriend, I keep in touch with my Exs, and it's nothing, they cool with it.  An Ex some days ago called me crying, I had just came back from work. Immediately, i dropped my bag, ordered Oride heading straight to her house. While leaving moments later, we were both laughing and she was happy again. I got home really late, but was delighted to be there for another human despite our past. One recently invited me to a church program and i went, we talked all through.  I try as much as i can to keep in touch with all my Exs, expect one who have refused to forgive me. Of course, there are light boundaries between us all, I respect their relationships, they respect mine. but that's basically it. They are Exs not enemies.

On 4/5/2014 at 10:14 PM, Lavive said:

🤨 Nothing wrong with being friends with ya ex 

Actually it comes in handy one of this you might need him/her or end up becoming your best male friend or something

It's not adviceable to make enemies na😁😁

But seriously am friends with my ex tho he is a guy😌😌