Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Want to remain healthy? try kisses

FlyJ

• Administrators

melb1.jpg

Today, the Ejindus would be celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary together as husband and wife and it all began with a kiss. Chioma and Kenechuckwu had been childhood friends. They attended the same schools and were quite close. As their relationship blossomed, most people saw them as brother and sister till they got into the university and things changed.

“Our parents knew each other; we were just childhood friends and nothing more while growing up. If anyone had told us we would get married not to talk of staying together for thirty years, I would have argued with the person. While we were in the university, one evening, Kene expressed his feelings for me but I thought it was one of his jokes. When he saw that I did not believe him, all he did was draw me nearer and kissed me. What I felt in just that first kiss explained beyond words what he was trying to tell me. There and then I agreed to his proposal and we never looked back ever since,” Chioma said.

The mother of three said, “It all seemed like a dream till I realised we were in front of the priest and he pronounced us man and wife. As usual, the priest asked us to kiss and like our first kiss, I cannot forget the kiss we shared on the altar,” she explained.

Kisses are signs of love, affection and sexual desire. Recent studies claim they can help you to remain youthful. But despite this, some people detest the exchange of saliva often involved in deep kissing.

For instance, Olumide Majekodunmi said that if the exchange of saliva could be avoided in a relationship, he would be a happy man.

“I don’t like kissing at all. If it could be avoided in a relationship, I won’t mind but unfortunately most ladies I know love being kissed.”

But other young men and women who spoke with Saturday Breeze confessed to liking the act of kissing.

Seyi Ajibogere told Saturday Breeze that he is a big lover of kissing.

He said that he indulged in kissing for two reasons. The first is to know the girl’s feelings and the other is to stimulate his hormones.

“I can tell how a girl feels about me from the way she responds to my kisses. I have a soft spot for girls who kiss well because I enjoy myself. I kiss to stir up my hormones,” he said.

Ajibogere said he would not hesitate to kiss his girlfriend in public.

“I don’t care where we are or who is with us, if I feel like kissing my woman, I do it. I do it sometimes to let her know that I am proud to be her lover and sometimes I kiss her in public so that other guys that have been having ideas would know that she is not available,” he said.

Josiah Oluwole told Saturday Breeze that as a romantic person, he enjoys kissing. He said that he could kiss in public, depending on the location.

“To be honest, I cannot count how many girls I have kissed in my life. It just happens. I see a girl I like, we talk and if things get heated, we start kissing but it is only if the girl is interested. I can kiss in public but it depends on where we are. I would not kiss a girl in an environment where I am known or where I know a lot of people. If we are in the cinema watching a movie, I would gladly kiss my girl there,” Oluwole said.

Ladies seem to be on the reserved side as most said they would rather shy away from public display of affection.

Moji Olukoya, for example, was shocked when asked if she liked kissing.

“Who does not like kissing?” she queried.

She told Saturday Breeze that she respects men who can kiss very well. She said that she did not kissing in public.

“I don’t like to kiss in public. I don’t think it is necessary. We could hold hands, embrace, cling to each other all through but not kissing in public,” Olukoya said.

Also a lover of kisses, Funke Ololade, said she is too shy to kiss in public.

Ololade said, “Although I love kissing, I doubt if I can engage in public kissing. I am a romantic girl but I am also very shy. My shyness would not allow me to kiss in public.”

Apart from being used to express feelings between two people, it is believed that kissing also has its health benefits. For example, it helps to fight illness.

According to www.sheknow.com, swapping spit is a great way to fend off viruses. It states, “Research from the journal, Medical Hypotheses, indicates that women build immunity against the cytomegalovirus by kissing infected partners.”

Kisses are also known to decrease pain. During a heated, heart-racing kind of kiss, the body releases adrenaline which can actually reduce feelings of pain. The adrenaline released during physical intimacy and kissing gives double strength for fighting a headache.

Research has also shown that the act of kissing lowers stress, burns calories and also saves face. It is a workout for the face and is often said to be the perfect non-surgical prescription to enhance youthful appearance.

Popular sex therapist, Funmi Akingbade, opines that kissing is a wonderful act. She stated that it is one of the easiest forms of expressing one’s feeling to a partner.

She said, “Kissing is one of those wonderful things that can have several benefits. Kissing releases endorphins which make one feel happy. A kiss can be the most effective way to express your love for your spouse. When you kiss someone, you make them feel loved; you tell them how much you love them. Kissing can be a handy pain killer; it releases adrenaline which can reduce the feeling of pain. A kiss can help take away one’s mind from pain and experience something good. A kiss at the right time can boost relationship or even take it to a new level. Never miss a chance to let your spouse feel special and know how much you love him/her with a kiss.”

Source

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...