Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

How I Knew

msztee

I remember the first time I heard her laugh.

It was loud, contagious, hearty, and free. I followed the sound like a puppy chasing after its tail.

And there she was, she wasn’t the prettiest, wasn’t the hottest, but there was just something about her that drew me in like a magnet. I didn’t understand, couldn’t, I don’t think I wanted to.

So I ignored her, stayed away. Then we got mutual friends and something changed. We basically became roommates in a female hostel in Uni.

We became acquaintances, then friends, then best friends. You see, when it came to both of us, the rest of the world just seemed to not exist. We were all we needed.

We didn’t Understand it, Couldn’t, I don’t think we wanted to.

I remember thinking one day, when I caught myself staring at her lips, wondering how they would taste. I shoved it to the back of mind, not wanting to explore. You see I had a boyfriend. Day by Day the thoughts, kept gnawing at me, and it wasn’t me wondering anymore, it was me wishing.

And then the night came when it would all change for both of us.

We lay in the same bed and found ourselves face to face, lying in the bottom part of a bunk bed.

Our noses touched and I could feel her breath on my face. I moved my face and she kind of moved hers till we were caught in a kind of dance, too afraid to do what we both wanted to. She made d first move catching my bottom lip in between her teeth.

Like someone who got a wish granted or kid getting lollipop, I moved in and kissed her with a hunger I had been suppressing for months.

She pulled back, asked me not to freak out. I smiled, cos she didn’t know what had just happened to me. My stomach was in knots, all I wanted to do was keep kissing her, I didn’t ever want to stop. My body was on fire, it felt like I had been asleep for decades and she woke me up.

She told me we had to stop, lets just go to bed. I didn’t know what to do or say, so I said OK. But I don’t think either of us got much sleep that night.

Things changed, we were quieter around each other, all I wanted was more. I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. I’d stare at her constantly, close my eyes and she was there. Nothing was the same.

So I told her, I have to kiss you again, she replied “I know, I have to kiss you too”.

and so what We didnt understand and couldn't Understand and didnt want to Understand, became Understood. I loved her and She loved Me

Wow, this is just beautiful... You are good in writing, love the way you described your emotions, pls keep writing....

I remember the first time I heard her laugh.

It was loud, contagious, hearty, and free. I followed the sound like a puppy chasing after its tail.

And there she was, she wasn’t the prettiest, wasn’t the hottest, but there was just something about her that drew me in like a magnet. I didn’t understand, couldn’t, I don’t think I wanted to.

So I ignored her, stayed away. Then we got mutual friends and something changed. We basically became roommates in a female hostel in Uni.

We became acquaintances, then friends, then best friends. You see, when it came to both of us, the rest of the world just seemed to not exist. We were all we needed.

We didn’t Understand it, Couldn’t, I don’t think we wanted to.

I remember thinking one day, when I caught myself staring at her lips, wondering how they would taste. I shoved it to the back of mind, not wanting to explore. You see I had a boyfriend. Day by Day the thoughts, kept gnawing at me, and it wasn’t me wondering anymore, it was me wishing.

And then the night came when it would all change for both of us.

We lay in the same bed and found ourselves face to face, lying in the bottom part of a bunk bed.

Our noses touched and I could feel her breath on my face. I moved my face and she kind of moved hers till we were caught in a kind of dance, too afraid to do what we both wanted to. She made d first move catching my bottom lip in between her teeth.

Like someone who got a wish granted or kid getting lollipop, I moved in and kissed her with a hunger I had been suppressing for months.

She pulled back, asked me not to freak out. I smiled, cos she didn’t know what had just happened to me. My stomach was in knots, all I wanted to do was keep kissing her, I didn’t ever want to stop. My body was on fire, it felt like I had been asleep for decades and she woke me up.

She told me we had to stop, lets just go to bed. I didn’t know what to do or say, so I said OK. But I don’t think either of us got much sleep that night.

Things changed, we were quieter around each other, all I wanted was more. I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. I’d stare at her constantly, close my eyes and she was there. Nothing was the same.

So I told her, I have to kiss you again, she replied “I know, I have to kiss you too”.

and so what We didnt understand and couldn't Understand and didnt want to Understand, became Understood. I loved her and She loved Me

This is a beautiful story,kudos.