Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Naija visit

Lavive

Say someone married abroad and then wanted to visit home in Naija with their wife. Wife and you have d same last name. Should one be worried about legal problems while entering the country or during the visit? assuming they would pretend to be colleagues to everyone..

• Moderators

Just pretend. They probably won't scrutinize the same last name so things should be cool.

But if someone had another citizenship maybe in addition to Nigerian citizenship, do you think Nigeria has a right to harass such a person?

• Moderators

But if someone had another citizenship maybe in addition to Nigerian citizenship, do you think Nigeria has a right to harass such a person?

Right to harass? No. But would they harass you if they can? Hell yeah.

• Moderators

Right to harass? No. But would they harass you if they can? Hell yeah.

For example, the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria states that:

(1) Every individual is entitled to respect for the dignity of his person, and accordingly -

(a) no person shall be subject to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment;

Does Nigeria truly follow what dey have on dis 'so called' constitution? Pls Lavive, make detailed enquiries b4 visiting. Dey may try 2 harass u but make sure u win dem.Dis is y u need solid back ups.Meanwhile ,hope u n ur partner are coming in as sisters,cousins or blood relatives,becos if dey smell a rat,believe me,u gonna get more dan harassment.And truth be told,non of us here is gonna stick their neck out there 4 u...i'm just saying.,.pls be wise..'just be a sharp babe' n u'd get thru..gud luck aiit?

• Administrators

Say someone married abroad and then wanted to visit home in Naija with their wife. Wife and you have d same last name. Should one be worried about legal problems while entering the country or during the visit? assuming they would pretend to be colleagues to everyone..

I would say travel separately because you are going to clear through immigration. Possible red flags:

• Same Last Name
  • Both Married

If traveling separately is not an option then when you get to the airport, you both have to act as strangers.

Check out using different counters and you should be fine.

When you get to Nigeria, hide your documents so no one sees anything. You can continue as colleagues or whatever.

My own 2 cents.

• Like 1

Just say you guys are sisters and no plenty questions will be asked they dont even have the time to pay attention to any of that no need to fear you people can stick to each other.

• 5 years later...
On 5/19/2014 at 7:05 AM, FlyJ said:

I would say travel separately because you are going to clear through immigration. Possible red flags:

• Same Last Name
  • Both Married

If traveling separately is not an option then when you get to the airport, you both have to act as strangers.

Check out using different counters and you should be fine.

When you get to Nigeria, hide your documents so no one sees anything. You can continue as colleagues or whatever.

My own 2 cents.

You can get in and out of the Lagos airport in less than 10 minutes with zero questions asked by any official for a small fee. 

• 2 weeks later...