Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

LA Clippers: Steve Ballmer buys NBA franchise for record $2bn

FlyJ

• Administrators

Donald-Sterling-April-2014-BellaNaija.com_-600x504.jpg

In April, owner of basketball team LA Clippers Donald Sterling made headlines around the world for his racist rant.

“You can sleep with them, but don’t bring them to my games”, he said referring to blacks, while talking to his assistant (who claims she wasn’t in a relationship with the 80-year-old) over the phone.

He was later banned from the NBA for life and ordered to pay a fine of $2.5 million which will be donated to charity.

Oprah Winfrey, Sean “Diddy” Combs, Floyd Mayweather, all showed interest in buying the team.

Steve-Ballmer-May-2014-BellaNaija.com_-600x337.jpg

It was announced yesterday that Sterling’s wife Shelly confirmed that the team will be sold to former Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer for a whopping $2 billion.

“We have worked for 33 years to build the Clippers into a premiere NBA franchise,” she said in a statement. “I am confident that Steve will take the team to new levels of success.”

Source

• Like 1

I really felt pity for him, when he broken down said he was sorry for his racist comment and further went ahead to say after 25 years he was entitled to for one mistake. ..

It's a good step. It's a lesson for all of be responsible and choose our words carefully, because it could be use against you when you least expected it....