Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

jesus! So many, umm, 'older ladies' here

Cecelia

Pray tell,are there any youngsters here atall?? Like..20ish year olds?? More specifically,20- 23. Every one here seems to be over 25. Chai. I'm not d baby of the house, right??! Ion think so. The annoying thing is the 'older' fine folks here seem to think d higher ur age is, d more mature u are, or like we 20yr olds are childish or summat. I beg to differ tho! Ok, this is beginning to sound like I'm venting. Which I'm not by the way. Jus saying! (Or asking) #OkBye

• Moderators

Pray tell,are there any youngsters here atall?? Like..20ish year olds?? More specifically,20- 23. Every one here seems to be over 25. Chai. I'm not d baby of the house, right??! Ion think so. The annoying thing is the 'older' fine folks here seem to think d higher ur age is, d more mature u are, or like we 20yr olds are childish or summat. I beg to differ tho! Ok, this is beginning to sound like I'm venting. Which I'm not by the way. Jus saying! (Or asking) #OkBye

Read the "way" you wrote, in your case that assumption isn't really farfetched. By the way, I am not saying all younger individuals write this way but the proof is in the pudding..

LOL harsh. I do not think you are right though @ Cecilia, as I find there are lots of people below 25 on here. You are probably hitting up those above 25.

Read the "way" you wrote, in your case that assumption isn't really farfetched. By the way, I am not saying all younger individuals write this way but the proof is in the pudding..

hahahahaha moresko u insultin us shey...... rotfl cece i feel ya

One can tell the difference by your choice of words. Whether you are 20 or 50 , maturity all depends on how you choose to portray yourself. You are sounding the exact way you don't want to be associated with...tune it down a bit....just saying..

One can tell the difference by your choice or Words. Whether you are 20 or 50 , maturity all depends on how you choose to portray yourself. You are sounding the exact way you don't want to be associated with...tune it

down a bit....just saying.he exact way you don't want to be associated with...tune it down a bit....just

Lol. So d funny thing is,i thought ov that while I was typin d msg, nd how y'all wud go 'see how she types even' and I almost went back en re-wrote the damn thing buh I tot not to. D fact that y'all are stuck up about the abbreviations only goes to prove my point. Old ladies. Its cool tho. M contradicting all ur stereotypical and misguided views on how a mature or immature person shud or shudnt behave. And abbreviations don't make the 'do not' list if u ask me. It being an informal setting on here and all that...I'm not looking to impress any one on here with my abilities in spelling. Done

• Moderators

?? or ??! or "Ion" aren't abbreviations. What about the lack of space between words, are you abbreviating or you just have something against using the space bar.

I have nothing against using abbreviations nor does it have anything to do with age, but do it with the understanding that people are going to perceive a lot about you by the way you write. Writing legibly or speaking properly in whatever language (Yoruba, English, Hausa, or Ibo) is a sign of maturity, its not about impressing anyone.

I'm not snob or uppity, but you complained that "older" members perceive you as immature, and I just pointed out one of the OBVIOUS reason why; if that makes me stuck up, well cool.

Is Summat an abbreviation ? Is Ion an abbreviation ? No wonder the older people think you're not matured , I don't think maturity is about age though , I'm 10 years older than my sister and I can actually relate so well with her , because she's matured . And guess what, she's a teenager and she would not even write like this. For the record , no one is interested in your spelling skills , just write legibly . Goodluck with finding the younger ones .

Wow, I mean, you started a topic titled "jesus! So many, umm, 'older ladies' here" and you're wonderin why people getting salty??

If you don't want 'youngsters' to be judged, then don't go around judging 'older' folks. Damn. Good luck.

@Boopsie, u took the words right outta my brains, weldone! @Minini u 'old folks' shuld mingle wit us 'young folks' nau! Dis ain't fair o...hehehehe...my question is, are there any 50 yr olds on here? Even at the age of 16,dats wat i called 'old'...Ur attitude determines ur true age...no grown up would want any form of disrespect bcos we claim 2 be lesbians or bisexuals..if it wasn't 4 dis particular lifestyle,there r some pple dat cudn't even cough where u are....if u wanna mingle with grown ups,u need 2 behave a certain way, dis wud help u even outside dis forum....U must n't be friends wit everyone u knw?

It could be that she can't even tell the difference. ..And prolly the space bar is broken...lmfao

?? or ??! or "Ion" aren't abbreviations. What about the lack of space between words, are you abbreviating or you just have something against using the space bar.

I have nothing against using abbreviations nor does it have anything to do with age, but do it with the understanding that people are going to perceive a lot about you by the way you write. Writing legibly or speaking properly in whatever language (Yoruba, English, Hausa, or Ibo) is a sign of maturity, its not about impressing anyone.

I'm not snob or uppity, but you complained that "older" members perceive you as immature, and I just pointed out one of the OBVIOUS reason why; if that makes me stuck up, well cool.

@Boopsie, u took the words right outta my brains, weldone! @Minini u 'old folks' shuld mingle wit us 'young folks' nau! Dis ain't fair o...hehehehe...my question is, are there any 50 yr olds on here? Even at the age of 16,dats wat i called 'old'...Ur attitude determines ur true age...no grown up would want any form of disrespect bcos we claim 2 be lesbians or bisexuals..if it wasn't 4 dis particular lifestyle,there r some pple dat cudn't even cough where u are....if u wanna mingle with grown ups,u need 2 behave a certain way, dis wud help u even outside dis forum....U must n't be friends wit everyone u knw?

Sleeky, just remember that diaris God

Site is suddenly becoming unappealing. Can't someone post a topic or air a point of view without being judged, mocked, bullied or insulted.

• Moderators

Site is suddenly becoming unappealing. Can't someone post a topic or air a point of view without being judged, mocked, bullied or insulted.

So people are not allowed to disagree, I don't see the mocking, the bullying, or insulting. I don't understand why people think they can make statements, but can't take disagreement.

I think you guys should be more tolerant and understanding,just my thoughts.

I share same thoughts with you LadyOmah,We all can't see things from same point of view

I beg to differ....maturity doesnt come with age at all. Case in point *she knws herself*. But moresko and all the other "grandmas here calm down for cecillia nw. Una harsh o

It could be that she can't even tell the difference. ..And prolly the space bar is broken...lmfao

@abstacy, personally shooting u on behalf of cecillia