Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Friends Wiv Benefits

Malawi

Some lesbian and bisexual like the idea of being "friends with benefits." Others are concerned that at least one of the people involved will get their feelings hurt if they are in a sexual situation outside of a relationship. Because the term "friends with benefits" is a slang one, there is no one universal definition that everyone agrees on.

Friends with benefits refers to an agreement between two people who are both friends and physically attracted to one another to share a sexual relationship. Neither party is considered committed to the other, and both can start dating someone else at any time with prior warning.

But whether this kind of arrangement is called friends with benefits, hook-up buddies, or casual sex, people are going to have a range of feelings about whether sexual encounters outside of a relationship are a good idea.

Do you fall under this category or experienced such. what's you view?

Friends with benefit can be both wrong or right depending on the individual or how you are looking at it. I won't lie, i have had a friend with benefits at one time in my life,although she's far away now but we were friends, and are still friends(no sex though) to this day...but i see what you are saying...sometimes, the reason people ask for it, is simply because that's all they want, they don't want a relationship or any emotional attachment... i dont feel that women who agree to it have less respect themselves. Fwb can be a real thorn if you ain't careful or let your emotions get the best of you or start demanding more than the other person is will to offer. As long as both parties know what they are getting into. It's no biggie.  

I think this issue has been brought up a lot already

And so?

If u av nting to say y nt "hush it", we all have right to re discuss any issues we feel we nt clear abt

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

And so?

If u av nting to say y nt "hush it", we all have right to re discuss any issues we feel we nt clear abt

I don't think LadyOmah is contesting your right to discuss whatever she just pointed out the topic had already been discussed but you're free to discuss whatever, there's no need to get your knickers in a twist.

And so?

Don't be rude

*yaaaawnnns* was nt rude was jus saying my mind @ladyomah errmmm her excellency ma y wud I have sometin against u, I dnt even knw u frm shit land, + if u get pissed d wrld go end abi? Mtshewwwwww

Friends with benefit can be both wrong or right depending on the individual or how you are looking at it. I won't lie, i have had a friend with benefits at one time in my life,although she's far away now but we were friends, and are still friends(no sex though) to this day...but i see what you are saying...sometimes, the reason people ask for it, is simply because that's all they want, they don't want a relationship or any emotional attachment... i dont feel that women who agree to it have less respect themselves. Fwb can be a real thorn if you ain't careful or let your emotions get the best of you or start demanding more than the other person is will to offer. As long as both parties know what they are getting into. It's no biggie.  

U the Matured one here, thanks for" RE"- enlightening us "AGAIN"....Gracias

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

*yaaaawnnns* was nt rude was jus saying my mind @ladyomah errmmm her excellency ma y wud I have sometin against u, I dnt even knw u frm shit land, + if u get pissed d wrld go end abi? Mtshewwwwww

Let's be civil here, comparing a person to excreta isn't going to work over here.

Let's be civil here, comparing a person to excreta isn't going to work over here.

Hahahaha nw dts funny..... really? I compared her to excreta hehehehe..... I did nt mention dt, I jus said I didn't knw her frm "shitland". Which means NOWHERE, bt nw dt u interpreted it dis way sounds funny ROTFL

Evelyn seriously , this is uncalled for .....I'm beginning to sense something , there's more to this

Evelyn seriously , this is uncalled for .....I'm beginning to sense something , there's more to this

Awwww minini dnt mind me jare am still a good girl o *winks*

• Moderators

Hahahaha nw dts funny..... really? I compared her to excreta hehehehe..... I did nt mention dt, I jus said I didn't knw her frm "shitland". Which means NOWHERE, bt nw dt u interpreted it dis way sounds funny ROTFL

Good to know that you think its funny.

I'm done replying a rude child.

Hmmmm Rude u say...... Anyways Granny Omah, I dnt av an issue wif u dearie, ws jus setting u straight

personally... I feel its all a matter of understanding between both parties. But it never usually turns out good.... just like traids/ truples i.e three-way relationships.

but I'd say sometimes it works out. but is it worth the risk?

*shrugs*

• 2 months later...