Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

AFCON Qualifier: Congo Brazzaville’s Red Devils Beat Super Eagles 3-2 in Calabar

FlyJ

• Administrators

PIC.-15.-NIGERIA-DR-CONGO-2015-AFCON-QUALIFYING-MATCH-IN-CALABAR-600x403.jpg

Nigeria’s Super Eagles on Saturday in Calabar started the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier on a bad note.

The Super Eagles lost 2-*** to the Congolese Red Devils, who are now placed second in Group A behind South Africa.

Eagles opened scoring in the 14th-minute of the game but Prince Oniangue drew level for the visitors three minutes later.

Thievy Biofouma made it 1-2 in the 40th- minute before adding the third goal through a penalty kick early in the second half to make it 1-***.

Eagles pulled one back through Gbolahan Salami in the 89th-minute but it was not enough to earn the Eagles any point.

The Coach Stephen Keshi-tutored team will now hope to make-up for the home loss when they travel to Cape Town on Wednesday to play Bafana Bafana of South Africa.

Bafana Bafana lead Group A with three points followed by Congo still on three points but with a lesser goal margin.

Eagles are third in the group, while Sudan is at the bottom of the log having lost 0-*** to South Africa in Omdurman, Sudan, on Friday.

Source

• Like 1

super eagles have dis funny way of playin, Mikel dint show professionalism xpected of him. Abi na fraustration cause am? I dint enjoy dat match at all, well i wish dem d best.

A very disappointing one for Nigeria I must say. I don't understand why John Mikel Obi has to be blame for over all zero performance from the players. Abi is it the dozy defence which in my opinion didn't deserve to have earned a starting place in the first place. Our four back four were a huge minus. The problem I have with we Nigerian is this general belief that Nigeria would always find their way to navigate through any turbulence if the sea at any time becomes stormy, however the Super Eagles were indeed asleep in the boat and it ended up engulfing them.

Congo came to prove a point and the deserved it. They were the better team, They accurately outclassed Super eagles. Super eagles need to buckle Up and remembered that they are the Africa champion. and if they should play South Africa the same way the played yesterday, they should as well forget 2015 AFCON. my opinion tho.