Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Untold.

Abystacy

After much sleepless nights, writing, typing, editing, rearranging, removing, replacing,rewriting and reviewing. My Chapter One "THE UNTOLD" is ready. Comments and constructive criticism are welcomed. Thanks, hope you enjoy it.

*********CHAPTER ONE**********

Alexis stared at the Margaret Graham's "Canopy of Silence" in her hands, lost in thought, she seem to have been sinking into oblivion, amid a group of chattering and noisy university's enviroment. Her head drooping, her steady gaze a bit disconcerting.

"Alexis," Amah called for the second time, nonchalantly flipping through the Greek Alphabet textbook.

Alexis and Amah first met when they both came for some school inquiries about an Aptitude test Exam. It was a sort of screening for eligible candidate into Nigerian universities.

Alexis got drawn to Amah because of her chatty personalities. She has never met anyone who could captivate people around her. She's been observing Amah talk nonstop for the past 30 minutes where all the new students were asked to wait. Making witty remarks on some freshers mode of dressing. Alexis couldn't pass on the chance to talk to her once she noticed Amah was standing alone.

Alexis: "Hi, Excuse me, Please where's the CD block, do you know how I can get there?"

Amah: "Go straight down by your left.(Checking Alexis out) Once you get to the end of that block she said pointing then you can ask those guys over there".

Alexis: "Okay thanks"

Amah: "No P, or better yet I'm heading towards there, just give me a minute to copy this. She said copying some details on the board.

Few minutes later.

Amah: "Are you new here?"

Alexis: "Yes I am, I came for the aptitude test"

Amah: "Good, same here, so what department are you writing for?"

Alexis: "Law department".

Amah: "This school and their yeye postponement.I heard all law and humanity candidates are writing on Wednesday, but there's been a few changes. I sha hope it doesn't affect us".

Alexis: "well that's what I came to confirm;

Amah: "Am sorry, was your name again?

Alexis: "Alexis, Alexis Felix but you can call me Alex".(smiling) she can tell she likes Amah already. She has this aura about her that makes it easier to be drawn to her. A very blunt personality.

Amah: "Feli what? Sorry ooo. Where are you from? I mean what's the meaning?"

Alexis: " I'm Ibo, Anambra precisely. Felix is my fathers name and Alexis means "to defend, to help". It also a name of several saints. I'm Catholic.

Amah: "oh cool, Alexis. well i like the name sha, sounds boyish tho.

Alexis: "yea I get that all the time", you?

Amah: "Amah; Ama-h with an H. So where about are you staying since you are new here?"

Alexis: Hollywood Hotel" I actually came with my mum and my twin Sis.

Amah: "wow a twin", are you identical?

Alexis: "not really, we look alike but not identical. She's also writing but under education faculty".

Amah: "Oh that's next week. Are you gonna be at the hotel till next week?"

Alexis: "yes but won't be around, my cousin sis is wedding on Saturday. We'd be leaving for portharcourt on Friday but I"ll be back by next.

Amah: "Okay, We are here. This is CD block".

After few minutes of getting the info on the exact dates for the test".

Amah: "it's been really nice talking to you. Hope we can be friends?"

Alexis: "sure; it was a great pleasure meeting you, do you mind giving me your contact, so I can keep in touch?".

They both exchanged numbers.

Amah, in early twenties, average height with a pretty face. She's lively, energetic, and a very reliable source of juicy gossip both in and out of school.

"Alex!" She shouted again, a worried look on her face, wondering what had Alexis looking so pensive. She knew something was wrong and wish her friend would trust her enough to confide in her.

"you have been off lately, is everything okay?"

"Yeah," Alexis signed. its just some stuff, don't worry.

"Oya let's go na. I don't want to be late for this man's class. I still can't understand why we had to memorise the Greek alphabets. The thing tire me sef,"

"Ha, you mean the Alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon? Please don't make me listen to that again" Alexis said jokingly. why will you understand it when you don't pay attention. you are always looking for the next gossip to spread, miz Aproko".

"Let's go for the snacks at Coca Cola stand," Amah said.

On hearing the word "JUNK FOOD" Alexis face light up. she's a lover of sweet treats and never passed the opportunity to indulge.

"I don't want junk food oo, Alexis spoke gently. I want real food, indomie spot abeg,"

"Whatever, let's go, I'm hungry Jare".

It was a cold dark day in August, About 1am in the morning. Alexis heard a loud noise.

She heard the noise again, This time around closer to her bedroom. She stood frozen for a while not know what to do, thinking of a safe place to hide when two men burst into the room, she made a dash under the bed as soon as she realised it was an armed robbery attack.

"Don't Scream" One of the men said as he pinned her to the bed, a muscular hand covering her mouth, while the other stood like a maniac flipping the switch on and off. She could never forget the stank taste of blood in the back of her throat as she gave the hand a treat of a life time. She fought so hard but her petite stature at 22 is no match for the men holding her down.

The cold silver metal pressed coldly into her skin; Alexis still couldn't believe what was happening, thinking it was a dream but she woke up into the real nightmare.

She remembered the laughter of her little niece and nephews, it's funny how she could remember those tiny details of that horrible night. A night that changed her life completely.

"You move or Scream,you die," the voice lower than normal whispered, pushing the gun further into her skin.

She was terrified, and wished they could just kill her instead. She screamed, but her voice echoed back to her, she could only scream in her head.

Alexis hated herself for not doing anything. For being weak to fight. The thought of the masked man on top of her, while being held down by the other, each forcing themselves on her, their eyes scrunched up in a perverted sort of excitement. She lay silently in bed afterwards, still in adrenaline. She remembered not talking to anyone for days, constantly bathing hoping to wash away the filth.

She pushed the painful memories aside and hurriedly increased her pace, linked her arms with Amah and placed order for chilli indomie royale. .....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...