Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Topic? Dont have one.

dequeen

I had never loved a woman before. Crushed on women? Yes, but never love. This one was different yet surrounded by many obstacles. I was already getting anonymous threats to leave her, she was surrounded by so many ladies, a player that still loved the attention, yet I couldn't let go. Her constant rejection of me bashed me again and again, her teasing was so painful I almost went on my knees to promise the Universe that I would never tease again.

I tried so hard, yes I tried to get her out of my mind, to forget the sound of her laughter, her smile, her voice, her lips, her eyes, her physique, yet I couldn't. The days moved painfully slow, she tortured me unknowingly and like a wounded dog, I licked my wounds still in confusion of my next action. I regretted time and time again why I made the first move, perhaps I should have let her move first, maybe, just maybe it would have been different.

This beautiful, gorgeous lady haunted me day and night. I switched off my phone and went into solitude hoping to escape her but she followed me. I longed for a kiss, to taste her, I longed to touch that smooth skin of hers but she denied me it. I was dying slowly, so many thoughts flew threw my head, perhaps I was just a diversion hence her feigned interest. Would you really leave someone you love hanging for so long? Anger welled within me. Hot anger mixed with frustration as many negative thoughts bombarded my mind seeking audience and I did give them audience.

Come with me to the very beginning for a lot of times, things are clearer when we start there.

I just discovered a fantastic group on bbm. I had passed my screening and as excited as a little child, I opened the group to begin chatting. A lot of silly jokes and fooling around was going on and with all eagerness I dived right in. "Uniport is not a school but a flexing ground " typed one member. "Uniport is hard o, very strict" typed yet another in reply. "come to ABU and you'll know what hard is" typed a third. ABU!? That was my school! Quickly I added up these third party to my private chat and began quizzing her, she also couldn't believe I was in her school! We scheduled a day to meet, a time and place and it came pretty slow as my anxiety was in top gear.

My fingers are hurting. I'll type more later. Do u like it so far? what do you think?

As I rode to the venue that beautiful evening, I suddenly became scared. I had heard a lot about blind dates not being funny and some even being killed or never heard of again. I suddenly became scared of being among the statistics, sweat broke out on my skin, my heartbeat began to race and a voice in my head began to reprimand me. At that moment, I had the strong desire to turn back home, to run to the familiar, to the place of the known. Perplexed as I was, I took out my phone and sent emergency messages of my where about to a friend, a voice within me said ," You might kill me, but you won't get away with it". Then triumphantly I moved towards the unknown. In that moment, I guess I understood one of mans greatest desires, "To be remembered". I understood the desire of the dying that they should never be forgotten. In that moment , mans desire to leave his footprints on the sand of time was clear to me. To say, "I was here, I lived, don't forget me, remember me". isn't it evident when they encrust their nick names on walls n furniture in institutions? isn't it evident when with their last breaths they strive to leave a last word? The way they hold on to anyone there?

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!! was the ring of my phone which interrupted my day light pondering. I picked it and I heard a most melodious voice, I was nervous, amazed, delighted, all sort of emotions at the same time. (yea, we had been communicating only through chats since).

Twenty minutes later, I was standing before her, the 5ft 6" , probably 60kg beauty. Dark skin, bright eyes, white teeth, sweet smiling beauty. She wore a jalabia yet I could ascertain the curves, the bumps in front and behind her, her well shaped toes, delicate fingers, lovely nails. I lagged behind a little to watch more closely and I loved her walk. Her carefree spirit hit me from that first moment and I couldn't quite decide if I liked it or not. She chatted and chatted while I smiled and nodded encouragements, I was too in love with her melodious voice to want to interrupt its sweet sound. it felt like being in an opera and not wanting it to end, not wanting to leave. I praised my courage, my braveness, desiring to die rather than miss the unknown, for this unknown was the most pleasant I had come across in a long while.

I didn't know her name but wasn't sure I should ask. I only knew her nickname but such questions could be embarrassing sometimes considering the fact that we had been chatting for some time.

"what would you like to take?" she asked as we settled into her room, her friend, Bisi , who she had just introduced me to at the road was there and a cousin of hers by the name, Tunde, kept appearing and disappearing from the room in the most annoying way like a Cheshire cat. It didn't take me long to know that privacy was a luxury here, a luxury I wouldn't be getting. I chit chatted for about 40 minutes and decided to take my leave. As I walked away, I was blank, I wasn't sure how I felt, I only knew one thing. I wanted to see her again.

"MC, I just met her" I told a much older friend I considered as a sister, a big sister. "Really? And did you like her?" " yes" I said trying to play down my true emotions. "but I don't know if she likes me" " don't worry, I'll call her and find out".

MC was more than a friend, she was the leader of the bbm group. She was a firm leader and yet she loved us all. she drew us in as individuals and as a group, one family. Every member of the group had a certain rapport with her. She was tall and a tomboy or dressed like one and this goes without saying that she was a very good dresser. I guess that settles the question of how MC could relate with this beauty I had found.

As seconds turned to minutes, minutes to hours and hours to days, I became jittery. MC hadn't given me any feedbacks and I was determined to not assume anything. Even when negative emotions infiltrated my mind, I just looked at myself in the mirror and said" what's not to love about me!" I could wait no longer and after a few days, I asked MC and she said the sweetest words I had heard in a while," she likes you". I smiled, though in my heart I was leaping for joy. I was so excited, to the point of nervousness. PING! my phone beeped. I opened it to see mademoiselle's chat. we talked about normal things, the strike, movies especially the L word, the group, etc. Time passed quickly and we called it a night.

I did visit again and this time I spent the night. Strangely enough, I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned as longing for mademoiselle filled me up. I couldn't quite make up my mind if it was the right time. I wanted her, God knows I wanted her but I also wanted her to see the nobility of my desires. I wanted her to know that I wasn't just there to play with her emotions or to have sex and leave. I wanted her to know that I desired a relationship with her, something solid, something stable, something long lasting.

As I went to bath the next day, I thought about her but what I didn't know was that she was thinking about me as well. she took my phone and snooped info from it. She read my chats and other things that appeased her, and as all snoopers soon realize, You find whatever you're looking for.

I returned from the bathroom, oblivious to what had happened, oblivious to the brutal rape of my phone and privacy. I returned in innocence but my sixth sense immediately sensed that something was wrong, I couldn't place my hand on it however. it was only later that evening at the "truth or dare" game of the group that I learned what had happened. I was shocked and confused although I acted calm. MC spoke to me, reprimanding me for my haste to spend the night, the speed with which I bared my emotions and for the first time in my life, I agreed with an outside entity that I had f***ked up.

"you f***ked up, you f***ked up" typed mademoiselle to me and those words rang incessantly in my head. Had I destroyed, marred this clay in my hands? I felt sad, a heaviness gripped my chest, the first in a series of one too many such feelings.

we soon got over this incidence, but the tables were turned. Whereas she had wanted to take the lead and make the first move, I found myself doing it as a feeling of indebtedness to her for not revealing all the gruesome things she had found in my phone. I wasn't a good leader, hadn't been from time, I lured you out and then handed the reigns to you, that way we stayed longer together. Now I was at a loss, I had the reigns and no freaking idea what to do with it!

Days turned to weeks and weeks into months. I fumbled and stumbled with the reigns . conflicting emotions, unstable personality, indecisiveness, so many things rattling for attention. Several times I deleted her number only for it to pop up on my phone screen as she called. I got tired of the chase, I just wanted to quit already. Then she said the most amazing words , they sounded like a sing song in my ear, like my favorite music, she said the words, "we are dating" and at that moment, I heaved a sigh of relief and I literally felt my heart lighten, I could breath easily. Seemed like in all my fumbling and stumbling I had done something right. I slept easy, the test had been passed, I had done well, or so I thought. I had forgotten that tests aren't the final but examinations and this case, I had only passed the test, I was yet to begin, talk more of pass the examination.

hahaha! just discovered she had torn some parts of the story from my diary.... Lol, I didn't even notice till now cos I had dumped the diary somewhere. hmmmm how do I come up with a worthy conclusion now?

Mademoiselle, Deola Aisha Tahir, who was this girl? what was it about her that pulled me like a helpless metal to a magnet? I didn't believe in love portions or dark medicines, voodoo or the likes, else I would have thought she used one on me. why was this happening? what was the main source and trigger of this attraction? who the hell was this girl to stir up these feelings within me? who was she to draw out such amounts of passion from me? who was she to make me want to go yet unable to let go? who was this girl? But that was all I got, questions with no answers. Questions and more questions was all I got.

I soon travelled. I hadn't seen her all weekend, everything about me longed for her. I cut my trip short and returned quickly hoping to be welcomed into the warmth of her embrace, hoping to feel her, to taste her. As I entered town, I met a heavy downpour of rain and even though I hadn't reached home, I made up my mind that the rain would not deter me from seeing her, from getting what my heart so seeked.

As I left my house for hers despite the rain, I decided to just remind her of my coming. My heart sank and rage took over the place of previous excitement because of what I heard on the phone, "Zara is coming over, can you please go home and come another time if you are still far from my house?"

Confusion began to grip me at that moment. She chose Zara over me? She would rather spend the night with Zara than me? was Zara really her ex girlfriend? Typical with mademoiselle, I got questions and no answer.

I stubbornly went to her place, refusing to return home. She was radiant as always. That lively personality I loved so much but in my heart I felt treachery. As I relaxed on her bed watching the movie I met playing, a thought dropped into my mind, *a lot could be found in a phone* (don't look at me like that, she taught me the art of snooping phones). I instinctively reached out for her phone but she wrestled it from my hand, at that moment, my curiosity was kindled. Something wasn't right and I was determined to find out what it was. About 40mins later, her cousin Tunde called her out , she went and left the phone behind, I saw my chance, I took it and searched everything I could. Pictures, text messages, emails, whatsapp, bbm chats, everything my heart cared to search, I noticed that the chat with Zara was cleared, just then, my mischievous part took over.

I typed

Me: my love

Zara: Don't my love me joor

Me: Haba, why nau? ain't you coming again?

Zara: shey you said I shouldn't come again?

Me : that's true. Anita was coming over

Zara : so its cos of that girl that you said I shouldn't come again? after you will say there's nothing between you two abi?

Me : haba my love, its not so

Zara : I go kill that girl o. shey she no dey hear word?

Me : Lol..... a beg o, don't kill someone's child o

Zara: you know what? choose.

Me: what?

Zara: choose between me and her.

At that point, I had had enough, I had seen enough, it was all enough for me and the Universe agreed. She walked in, longed at me for her phone, I swerved , cleared the chats and flung the phone. I had gotten what I wanted.

Oh pls continue oh....is this a true story.

And did u really attend A.B.U

I'm glad you've enjoyed the story so far.... To your first question, yep, the story is true. i kept updating my diary during the occurrence of the events. To your second question, no, I didnt attend ABU. I actually changed all names of persons and places as well as nicknames.

Ok...im seriously waiting for u to post more. I love your writing technique. Its feels more like u gisting me what happened much more than a written story. Love it much thumbs up

Ok...im seriously waiting for u to post more. I love your writing technique. Its feels more like u gisting me what happened much more than a written story. Love it much thumbs up

Thanks a lot .

Thanks a lot .

• 4 weeks later...

Babe come and complete this story na.... I really enjoyed reading the story, you are such a good writer, not whinning you or anything o but I love the way you write so much am jealous, Lol. Sha come and complete the story

"What did you do?!" she asked in a frenzied voice as she went for her phone.

Deola didn't care that I had flung the phone, she simply took it, made sure it hadn't broken or dismantled, it was OK. She went through the phone, finding nothing, she asked me one more time what I had done , I kept mute, intently watching the movie while letting my mind rattle through the hundreds of emotions going through my mind at the time.

I slept early that day at the extreme end of the bed because I knew she detested that, loathed it even, I also slept with my clothes on and finally I backed her. Needless to say, until I fell asleep my ears did not hear the end of it, she nagged and nagged and nagged.

"Anita what did you do?! what the f***k did you do?! you chatted with Zara? what did you tell her? Anita you want to kill me? you will not kill me in this town, you can't o, you no reach!!"

"what are you talking about?" I asked rubbing my sleepy eyes as she shook me up vigorously. She was in one word, Hysterical! but I was still sleepy, the clock read 1am . Damn, sleep is sweetest at that time so I lay back on the bed drifting to beautiful landscapes when POAH! cold water on my body, I jumped up like a tiger ready to attack , "what the f***k.........." She cut me mid sentence "You chatted with Zara and you said you didn't do anything with my phone?!" "I didn't say anything when you asked" "Don't play smart with me Anita!" "Ain't you too worked up over someone you call on ex?" " That's not the issue here!" "if she really loved you then I shouldn't have been able to fool her cause she should know the way you chat!" "f***k you Anita! f***k you!" she screamed as she stormed out. Being a person incapable of depriving myself of a sweet night sleep, I changed into dry clothes, I snuggled under the blanket on the dry part of the bed and soon I was asleep.

As always, I woke-up by 6am, noticing mademoiselle was on phone, I kept my eyes closed , eaves dropping on her conversation. She was pleading with Zara to forgive her and let everything go. I cannot even begin to explain the pain I felt, the emotions that surged, my fantasy world was crumbling all around me, pain, pain, pain!