Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Is relationship serious only when it gets on social media?

Abystacy

Social Media is enjoying the limelight in the present world. Every recent update is well preached, spread and conveyed on a grand scale by means of social media. The social networking sites have made the world come closer, and have got their hands on every aspect of human life. Be that be business, or friendship, or social circle or family; every relationship is getting its valuation through the various posts on these sites. The pictures, updates and videos represent the closeness of the couples. Gone are the days when privacy was preferred between the couples, and they hardly tried to project their closeness before the world.

The relationship have their true value only through the undue projection through the posts and announcements on these social networking sites. Is that really that much important for a relationship to get on screen and display their chemistry?

Is a relationship serious only when you go official about it on Social Media?

I had to agree with an article i once read that life doesn't begin or ends with social media. So many people are guilty of these, even here on this forum, not that it's any of my business.

Privacy to me is a very important factor in the lives of the couples. True relations gets blossomed with close interaction and conversation in the extent of privacy and not with the loud announcements through the notifications and posts on facebook or any other social media.

Relationships are true when they can understand each other. The social media can only help in advice and suggestions but we can hardly find these people coming and standing next to us in our defence when required. So, we can not determine the depth of a relationship by its disclosure on social media.

Although this might sound so cheesy but going on and on about your relationship on social media doesn't determine how happy one is. sharing them with friends can add up to the joy of a happy living, whereas they cannot be taken as a definition of a healthy and happy life. Most times what we share on social network its not true in its feeling but rather a mere projections in the artificial world and hold no relevance with the reality.

Relationships have their value with respect to the feelings and emotions within the human souls and it has nothing to do with the social media. What social media has done is to helped us remain in touch with our near and dear ones to share our emotions. It is just a tool to share our happiness and agony and let out our emotions. This has helped a bit in revealing the inner thrust and get over the psychological outbursts. These things are not symbolic representations of a happy living.

Relationships are like a garland knitted with beautifully chosen flowers. It blossoms with true feelings and exchange of thoughts in the extent of privacy. The line when the limits get broken, we get out to the verge of shamelessness and lose our culture and value of a rich lifestyle. Hence, it is very important to live the relationship with trust and understanding rather than mitigating it in front of the world.

Have it in mind that it's just an opinion and not an avenue to start a war. lol

So ladies what's your take on this?

I think a relationship shud b private too but then there's something about sharing it on the social media that kind of endears you two more. And all those awwwws you get from people who comment and the jealous comments make you feel you really have something special. Then when you break up, there's so many people consoling you cause they kind of get what the relationship was and all that.

The social media is about sharing your life with the world, with people you may never meet who would still be an integral part of your life and happiness.

Thumbz up to y'all who always have interesting topics n comments to post. They cn be very helpful in evaluating a person's thought process and choosing a partner.

In my opinion romance is one of those things that is meant to be private! I don't need people to awww to it or make jealous comments for me to know that I have something special but of course, to each their own, but it just seems that to me that posting or bragging about your relationship on social network causes more harm than good. social network is not the way to prove your love or commitment for your significant other. I am of the opinon that the less people know about your relationship the safer you are. I personally don't think... I wouldn't . . I think it is not safe and not everyone have to know who you with. relationship should be about you and your partner and not the world. who cares what people think? come to think of it, what happens if and when it doesn't work out a year down the line .. you just keep shuffling from one relationship to the other and giving people a great detail about your personal life that's meant to be personal and private. just because I dont boast about my relationship to the world doesn't automatically mean it isn't good or things are not so great between us or that i don't value or love my significant other. I just feel that the best way to keep your relationship strong is to not tell every intricate detail. Somethings should be left in private mode and not on blast mode

When I like someone, my mom knows. how? cos I can't make two sentences without involving the persons name in one. (ave been working hard on stopping that now sha). Its a natural instinct to want to stand on a hill top and scream about how much you love your partner. Its an emotion that's hard to control but again, everything in life boils down to personality/ temperament.... when you break up? well shit happens, you mourn n heal privately and maybe come back on the media and say something about being strong and learning lessons from life, etc.

Disclaimer: I like my affairs private so nobody on this site should dream of parading my name, however, a debate is not a debate unless there's two sides to the coin. am just empathizing here.