Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Back at one

Althena

Today I woke up with the realisation that I will never get over my ex. If there is a more depressing way to start the day, I do not know it.

What makes all this worse is that I broke up with her. I am putting us through this wringer of pain in the name of the 'greater good.' and to cap it off, I told her I was okay if she started seeing other people and 4 months later, she is (kill me now!)

Everytime something happens, I think I have cried for the last time. It always suprises me that I am wrong. Now I doubt if I will ever stop crying over her.

I have met tons of girls since we broke up. Flirted with dozens but everytime it feels slightly interesting, I friendzone them and introduce them to someone else. Is that something anyone else does? I realy have no idea what I am doing guys!

I know they say the easiest way to get over someone is to get under someone (I have recited this everyday since we broke up) but all I can think about is her. I don't even think I can stand the thought of someone else touching me. This is quite depressing.

Anyways, I am just here to rumble. And staring at naijalez takes my mind off staring at her pictures.

P.S

We have a really odd relationship. I know they say it is easier for a clean breakoff but I don't know I can survive not talking thrice a week or more. Am I nuts? Is it possible that we might be made for just one person and I am blowing up my oportunity with Ms. Perfect?

why don't you go back and beg her to come back to you? if the feeling is mutual, she will. Let your mind know that you did your best to win her back , that way, you will avoid worse regrets later on. she may be seeing someone else just to try and get over you but if not, you did exhaust all your options in building back the relationship. Don't be scared or too proud to go on your knees or cry before her.

My advice : Take a minute to reflect on it, sometimes it's worth second-guessing our feelings and our decision making in general. In the end if you’re still in love and still feel the same way and not just comfortable or missing the closure. Then maybe you need to rethink and do what's best for both of you instead of swimming in the nostalgia of what your relationship used to be, you could do something about it, that's if both of you still want the same thing.

In the mean time, try not to be depressed, Make it an intentional habit to distract yourself with anything that will get your mind off things and all that, get enough rest, read if you need to, exercise is also very very helpful and light heartening.

No I don't believe that we are made for just one person and even if we are I doubt if she's that one person for you. You said it yourself you had an odd relationship with her..

The fact that we love someone doesn't mean the person is right for us or the person is the only one for us, sometimes all we are doing is holding on to the good old memories even when we know the person is totally wrong for us.. To move on focus on the reasons why you broke up with her in the first place, her flaws n what you deserve..

I understand exactly how you feel, when my ex and I broke up, I thought my life was over I was super depressed, I pushed a lot of people away n although we tried making up we both knew it couldn't work out n had to let go.. You might not stop loving her that's the truth but you can get over her, please move on now don't make the mistake I did.. Spent almost a year thinking and whining over what could have been n I pushed some awesome ladies away cuz I was trying to stop loving her when all I needed to do was MOVE ON, have moved on now n M fine you will be fine too...

When we decide to love someone wholeheartedly we put ourselves at a position where we can be hurt very easily, just take each day as it comes, don't rush into another relationship, spend time with friends, hang out, you know what they say about time right? With time you will be fine

There's this quote I saw somewhere I really love "First love never dies but True love can bury it alive"