Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What Are You Most Thankful For?

FlyJ

• Administrators

The year is almost coming to an end and i am sure there is something if not more to give thanks for. So, feel free to list what you are most thankful for...

Here goes mine :

I am thankful for life.

I am thankful for my parents.

I am thankful for my siblings.

I am thankful for the forum, it gives me the opportunity to express myself without worrying about 14 years. :)

The floor is open...

This is my second December with Naijalez.

I’m thankful for the few people I’ve met on here. Though we never get to talk as often, you’d check up and say ‘Iris, hope ur being a good girl and not getting into trouble?” For every poorly thought out argument, criticism and fight...these initial reactions is far lesser than what I've gained through self-assessment and improvement...and I'm still learning.

I’m thankful for YOU. Quietly and emphatically, you’d say ‘’no no that’s not the way to talk. You need to learrrn how to communicate with kindness. Don’t u know it takes two to build a relationship and it takes two to create relationship problems as well? I watched as u tried to weed out d harshness in my voice and d critisicms in my words. Then one day you smiled and said ‘You’re getting better. Its not like before’. I must have lost it somewhere somehow again cz one day I said 'Our relationship sucks (I tink I said our rltnshp sucks)' and u said 'how can u say that to someone who's trying to make it work'. . Try to understand me, get to know me through my frnds '. 'I can't', I said . I didn't even say I'd try. Ok. Alrite. I'm learning diplomacy.

And for my best friend, I'm thankful. She’s always always there. There’s no time she’s not been.

For my sisters, especially my baby sis...I’m grateful. For all those times you’d pester me to tell you stories. I’d say "but I’ve told you everything". "Say it again," you’d say.

For all those mind boring cartoons you made me watch. All those times u ate from my plate. For all the hide and seek, hugs and kisses. Every short trip to the salon.  

For all those times you'd sit on my back n say u'd break my bones. For all those times u'd use my phone when I had low battery. For all those times u'd make me chase u round n round d sofas and u'd accuse me of loving to play too much. For all those times u'd make me play when I didn't want to, all those times I'd make u play when u dint want to..and u'd say 'Oh Sis u like playing too muuuuch'. Mum wld inquire something abt me, I'd tell her to ask u that u know it already.

Sorry for that day I scolded u so bad, u said ''I-am-so-so-rry'' crying. Sorry I cldnt see u off to school. You don't come home often. Said school's keeping u busy. I hope your praying hard but studying harder. Sorry I've not been calling of late. I'm told I don't call. But I do miss ur infectious laughter, pranks, naughtiness n our fun times. Distance is sadly keeping us apart but I’m grateful for the gift of being your sister. .

I'm thankful for my Mother. She's now d best grandmother in d world. She's aging quickly yet still beautiful. I pray God spares her life.

And my Papa. Ever so lovable, generous, never criticizing, super intelligent. I can't rmbr my pa scolding or spanking. Gentle, lively and everything, he is.

For all these and so much more, I'm thankful to God n for keeping me.

I am thankful that I am still alive, and the ones I love are also alive and well.. There was a point this year that I actually thought I'd be somewhere in the universe playing xbox with the Angels this festive season.

I am thankful for learning from my mistakes..

I'm thankful for being myself,principled,honest,straightforward!pls God lemme remain myself in another life(with better patience doe)...thankful for my family..they come before me...for certain matured friends I've made on here..and friends outside NL...thankful for where iam today in my life...cudnt hv asked for more..but ..errrmm....baba God..wudn't mind 20m rite now....hehehe..lol..Thank u God!

Today I'm thankful. I'm thankful for the amazing people I have met this year. I am thankful for the friends I lost it was nice knowing them. I am thankful for good health throughout the year. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for the books I read this year especially those that forced me to take a good look at my life. I am thankful for peace in my life and my family in a country that is full of horror frequently. I am thankful for nature, for the stars, moon, wind, flowers, birds, etc.

Today I'm thankful for love. I'm thankful for dreams. I'm thankful for grace and favour. Today I'm thankful for who I have become and are becoming. I'm thankful for the journey of my personality to this point. From the deepest parts of me, my gratitude flows.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

I am thankful for d breath of life in me, thankful for good health of mind and body. Thankful coz even though m not where I wanna be yet, m not where I was sometime ago. M thankful for my mother, the only person i've got in d world and even though she sometimes act like d mother (annoying) she is, she still d very luv of my life.

M thankful for I have loved and lost yet havnt given up on love even though I just dont do it now.

m so very thankful for my grandma, will my luv for her ever be enough?

And I am thankful for u, u, u and u dat have added to my zero list of frnds, and u dat hv chosen to admire me from afar hoping to nvr summon d courage to accost me (I understand..#winks#).

Finally, I am thankful for d verb 'thanks'

I have so much to be thankful for and I could write a book on this.

First and foremost I'm thankful to God who made it possible for me to be in this world.

thankful for the gift of life,freedom of speech and gift to communicate.

I'm thankful to my parents, my Dad who was my rock "Rip dad" and to my mum who has given it all,everything to make me the better woman that I am today. Thank you Mother.

I'm thankful to have a loving family, my friends, my dogs, they have thought me things about myself year in year out and help me to see what’s really important in life.

I'm thankful for friends who have becomes strangers and strangers who has become friends.

no one is more thankful than I am for my state of mind, peace and tranquility.

I'm thankful that I have come a long way, I see life in a different way.

I'm thankful for beautiful sunny mornings and clear bright starry nights.

I'm thankful for the challenges I have faced this year, which has shaped me into a better person.

I'm thankful for my hurts, my tears,my disappointments, my regrets which shows that I'm human and I could learn from them.

I'm thankful to the admins who have taken out their time to reach out. much appreciation.

And for this great site which has given me an avenue to express myself freely.

thankful for smart phones and allows me to communicate with people instantaneously even when they are far away from me and internet that always keep me fully informed and enlightened.

I'm thankful for my choice of music which gives me serenity, for a great body that allowed me wear any cloth of my choice"...lol"

for food on my table, greatful for my work which has helped me pay my bills.

Thankful for those who hav helped me in one way or the other. And thankful for an opportunity to help others.

I'm most thankful to my mentor, she's been wonderful.

I'm thankful to me for being me. Thank you every one of you in this forum.