Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Buhari wins APC presidential primary, faces Jonathan in 2015

FlyJ

• Administrators
Buhari-2015-BN-9-399x600.jpg

Former Head of State, Maj. Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Thursday won the All Progressives Congress presidential primary at the party’s national convention in Lagos, beating four other contenders.

Buhari polled ***,430 votes to beat Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, who scored 974 votes, to the second position while former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, got 954 votes to occupy the third position.

Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, garnered 624 votes to stay in the fourth position and the Publisher, Leadership Newspapers, Sam Nda-Isaiah, brought up the rear with 10 votes.

Buhari, , who had equally contested the presidential election in the past, will face President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party in the presidential election in February, 2015.

Votes.jpg

Source

• Like 1

No matter how we clamour for a change and better leadership, no matter what 2015 holds, I personally don't think that Buhari is the ideal leader. Considering his track record under the military regime, I rather prefer he go and contest for boko haram presidency because

Presidency is for more refined leaders.

Either way, the country seems whacked. Buhari is a fanatic, one am scared could islamize the country if he gets a chance. Jonathan has shown clearly his incompetence. its a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea. IMO

His track record doesn't say he's corrupt. I tink that's the most intrinsic value an ideal leader should possess. I'd rather vote for change even at d risk of any backlash than go ahead with the bird at hand.