Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

HIV+ Nigerian Kehinde Bademosi Comes Out As Gay, Was Married For 6 Yrs.

FlyJ

• Administrators

Brand expert Kenny Brandmuse who recently revealed his HIV status, took to his Facebook page hours ago, to announce that he is Gay. He says he was married for 6 years but finally sought for divorce from his wife when he realized he was gay.

Read his story below:

“I first told my ex-wife that I was gay, we were far from being married. I wanted her to find other men honorably, who had a thing for women. I never did. I ‘swear down.’ I was only obeying the popular When demand of traditions. Now, this was my terrible mistake. No one should live their life based on dogmas and other people’s expectations.

As far as I could remember, even though I was always dating girls, I had always preferred being with a man. I had fought it with every fiber of spirituality in me as a Pentecostal preacher boy (find details and journeys in my book ‘THE EXODUS.’)

The more I fought my sexual preference for men, the more I became more miserable. Unfortunately, as erroneously believed, sex wasn’t the problem. I had been having sex with women as far back as a twelve-year-old. Sexuality is whom we are emotionally present with, not whom we are sleeping with. And oh boy, she really tried to make me a heterosexual. But I'm still not, sadly.

One of those pre-marriage days, while we were with our marriage counseling team, I brought up the issue again – that I had always had a preference for men. I wanted the Ministers to dissuade her from the marriage. I just couldn’t put a ring on a fat big lie. My father taught me one principle: DIE FOR YOUR OWN TRUTH, EVEN IF IT'S UNPOPULAR, BUT DON'T HARM OTHERS WITH IT.

She was so happy to tell the ministers, as quickly as she could, that my feelings for men would all be gone, because she believed it was a childhood disorder. I guess she meant she was going to fck my brains into heterosexuality. This is a mistake a lot of us make. We all want to change people to conform to our preferences. We find it easier to play god in the lives of people we did not make.

After six years together, I knew I was not getting any better. I STILL LOVED MEN.

And one day, because I didn’t want to cheat on her, I humbly asked her that we should go our separate ways. That was when all hell broke loose. She suddenly forgot about how it all started. In court, she told the Judge how she suddenly found out that I was gay, and how it’s against the Law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. In other words, she wanted me sentenced to the new 14 years jail term served by the Nigerian government.

Luckily, I was in a civil court. Sadly, that day, I had to duck my face in shame as the crowd jeered at me for being whom I had always been. 'You gay' 'Oh what a shameful man!' 'homo!' 'Na wa o ' I still don’t know how I walked out of the court premises that day. ( this case is still ongoing) What about my business.? Tell any client in Nigeria that you are gay, and you lose their business. That’s exactly what happened. I lost friends, businesses, sponsorships and family members. I had to start my life all again.

Applied for a new job. Get back to school. Although my ex-wife is one of the most faithful and beautiful women in Nigeria, she is a victim of institutionalized homophobia. Just like many people who are reading this.

It will be exactly a year today, when Nigeria instituted a law to jail people like me. What’s our offense? Because we are simply wired differently. There are only about 5 to 10% of homosexuals in every population as cited by popular findings and documents. Why is a 90% dominant population afraid of its 10%? Shouldn’t you care about us? Don’t you think it’s a lot easier to be seen as part of the 90%? And before you throw those religious verses on us for being wired differently, I want to leave you with my favorite Bible verses from Romans 8:Italics mine:

That Nothing Can Separate Us from ( the universal narrative of ) God’s Love

31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be agains us? 32 Since he did not spare even his own Son ( in the popular narratives according to the Christian Faith ) but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? 33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. 34 Who then will condemn us? No one...

38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in ( in the narrative of ) Christ Jesus our Lord."

1.png

Source

• Like 1

wonder why most gay men end up with aids.

goes to show that they are promiscuous and don't practice safe sex.

I hope he dint give his wife aids

• Moderators

wonder why most gay men end up with aids.

goes to show that they are promiscuous and don't practice safe sex.

I hope he dint give his wife aids

Ignorance is bliss isn't it. Most gay men do not end up with AIDS. Only an estimated 20% of gay men in the United States have HIV/ AIDS, please how does that qualify as most? Everyone should practice safe sex regardless of sexuality.

Ignorance is bliss isn't it. Most gay men do not end up with AIDS. Only an estimated 20% of gay men in the United States have HIV/ AIDS, please how does that qualify as most? Everyone should practice safe sex regardless of sexuality.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/gender/msm/facts/

educate yourself

you are welcome.

by the way, moresko they are other ways to express yourself without sounding rude.

bye

• Moderators

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/ risk/gender/msm/facts/

close d space b4 u click

You think anyone that disagrees with you is rude, so I'm not bothered.

I've educated myself, thank you. But rather than throw a bunch of statistics at me, point to the specific one that says "most gays end up with AIDS", I want to see that one.

I'm not arguing with the FACT that most HIV/AIDS cases are gay men, or that most new infections are gay men also. But you said " most gays end up with AIDS", so when you say "most" that has to be more than 50%, so I would LOVE to see that statistics or research that states that more than 50% of ALL gay men end up with HIV/ AIDS.

Prevalence and Awareness of HIV Infection Among Men Who Have Sex With Men --- 21 Cities, United States

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5937a2.htm?mobile=nocontent&s_cid=mm5937a2_w

And you should go back and read the statistics you put up,

Under "Prevention Challenges" where it states "Results of HIV testing conducted in 20 cities as part of the National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (NHBS) indicated that 18% of gay and bisexual men tested in 2011 had HIV and that HIV prevalence increased with increasing age."

On that note, educate YOURSELF!

BYE FELICIA!

I've educated myself, thank you. But rather than throw a bunch of statistics at me, point to the specific one that says "most gays end up with AIDS", I want to see that one.

I'm not arguing with the FACT that most HIV/AIDS cases are gay men, or that most new infections are gay men also. But you said " most gays end up with AIDS", so when you say "most" that has to be more than 50%, so I would LOVE to see that statistics or research that states that more than 50% of ALL gay men end up with HIV/ AIDS.

Prevalence and Awareness of HIV Infection Among Men Who Have Sex With Men --- 21 Cities, United States

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5937a2.htm?mobile=nocontent&s_cid=mm5937a2_w

Under "Prevention Challenges" where it states "Results of HIV testing conducted in 20 cities as part of the National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (NHBS) indicated that 18% of gay and bisexual men tested in 2011 had HIV and that HIV prevalence increased with increasing age."

BYE FELICIA!

BYE FELICIA!

lol see how you contradicted yourself.

"Only an estimated

20% of gay men in the United States have HIV/ AIDS, please how does that qualify

as most?"

I sent you a link where you saw that over 60% were hiv +ve as at 2010. I'm guessing that qualifies as most and now you are saying.

"I'm not arguing with the FACT that most HIV/AIDS cases are gay men, or that most

new infections are gay men also. But you said " most gays end up with AIDS", so

when you say "most" that has to be more than 50%, so I would LOVE to see that

statistics or research that states that more than 50% of ALL gay men end up with

HIV/ AIDS."

In 2012, in the United States, gay and bisexual men accounted for 80% of 38,160 estimated HIV

diagnoses among all males aged 13 years and older and 64% of 47,989 estimated diagnoses

among all persons receiving an HIV diagnosis that year.

At the end of 2012, of the estimated 880,440 persons living with an HIV diagnosis, 451,656 (51%)

were gay and bisexual men. Forty-five percent of gay and bisexual men living with an HIV diagnosis

were white, 30% were black/African American, and 20% were Hispanic/Latino.

In 2012, gay and bisexual men accounted for 54% of the estimated number of persons with

diagnosed HIV whose infection was ever classified as stage *** (AIDS) among all adults and

adolescents in the United States. Of the estimated 14,893 gay and bisexual men with diagnosed

HIV whose infection was ever classified as stage *** (AIDS), 40% were blacks/African Americans; 32%

were whites; and 22% were Hispanics/Latinos.

By the end of 2011, an estimated 306,885 gay and bisexual men with an HIV infection ever

classified as stage *** (AIDS) had died in the United States since the beginning of the epidemic,

representing 47% of all deaths of persons with HIV infection ever classified as stage *** (AIDS).

In 2011, data from the National HIV Surveillance System (NHSS) and the Medical Monitoring

Project showed that 80.6% of MSM with diagnosed HIV infection were linked to care, 57.5% were

retained in care, 52.9% were prescribed antiretroviral therapy (ART), and 44.6% had achieved viral

suppression.

have a nice day

I don't see your point or what U are arguing about

• Moderators

lol see how you contradicted yourself.

"Only an estimated

20% of gay men in the United States have HIV/ AIDS, please how does that qualify

as most?"

I sent you a link where you saw that over 60% were hiv +ve as at 2010. I'm guessing that qualifies as most and now you are saying.

"I'm not arguing with the FACT that most HIV/AIDS cases are gay men, or that most

new infections are gay men also. But you said " most gays end up with AIDS", so

when you say "most" that has to be more than 50%, so I would LOVE to see that

statistics or research that states that more than 50% of ALL gay men end up with

HIV/ AIDS."

In 2012, in the United States, gay and bisexual men accounted for 80% of 38,160 estimated HIV

diagnoses among all males aged 13 years and older and 64% of 47,989 estimated diagnoses

among all persons receiving an HIV diagnosis that year.

At the end of 2012, of the estimated 880,440 persons living with an HIV diagnosis, 451,656 (51%)

were gay and bisexual men. Forty-five percent of gay and bisexual men living with an HIV diagnosis

were white, 30% were black/African American, and 20% were Hispanic/Latino.

In 2012, gay and bisexual men accounted for 54% of the estimated number of persons with

diagnosed HIV whose infection was ever classified as stage *** (AIDS) among all adults and

adolescents in the United States. Of the estimated 14,893 gay and bisexual men with diagnosed

HIV whose infection was ever classified as stage *** (AIDS), 40% were blacks/African Americans; 32%

were whites; and 22% were Hispanics/Latinos.

By the end of 2011, an estimated 306,885 gay and bisexual men with an HIV infection ever

classified as stage *** (AIDS) had died in the United States since the beginning of the epidemic,

representing 47% of all deaths of persons with HIV infection ever classified as stage *** (AIDS).

In 2011, data from the National HIV Surveillance System (NHSS) and the Medical Monitoring

Project showed that 80.6% of MSM with diagnosed HIV infection were linked to care, 57.5% were

retained in care, 52.9% were prescribed antiretroviral therapy (ART), and 44.6% had achieved viral

suppression.

have a nice day

I don't see your point or what U are arguing about

Where does it say that 60+% of all gay men are HIV+? Underlined, bolden it, I don't see it.

The closest I can see states "In 2012, in the United States, gay and bisexual men accounted for 80% of 38,160 estimated HIV

diagnoses among all males (regardless of sexuality) aged 13 years and older and 64% of 47,989 estimated diagnoses

among all persons (male and female regardless of sexuality) receiving an HIV diagnosis that year.

At the end of 2012, of the estimated 880,440 persons living with an HIV diagnosis, 451,656 (51%) were gay and bisexual men (so they make up only 51% of among ALL HIV/ AIDS infections, not only gay men)"

So where does it say that most (50%+) have HIV /AIDS? I hope you understand they have are talking about HIV/ AIDS infected persons only, not the gay/ bisexual male population as a whole.

Maybe if I did this mathematically, you would understand.

There is an estimated 209,000,000 adults in the United States, ***% of which identify as gay or bisexual male (that's about 6,000,000), so for your theory to work that means there should be almost ***,000,000 gay/bisexual men living with HIV/AIDS in the United States, however according to the research YOU provided(the most recent number from Nov 2014 is 721,500) that isn't true.

Furthermore, lets take the estimated numbers of HIV+/AIDS gay men of 451,656 (your numbers, although the most recent number from Nov 2014 is 721,500) and compare the percentage against the estimated number of gay men (6,000,000+) in the United States. 451,656 (or 721,500) of only 12-13% (which supports the most conservative research I found) of gay men in the United States.

An estimated 20% (from the most generous, really generous research I've seen) have HIV/ AIDS, which is 20% too much in my opinion but to say MOST of them have the disease is just gross exaggeration.

20% of Gay Men Are HIV-Positive, but Nearly Half Don’t Know It.

http://healthland.time.com/2010/09/26/study-20-of-homosexual-men-are-hiv-positive-but-only-half-know-it/

HIV Among Gay and Bisexual Men. "National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (NHBS) indicated that 18% of gay and bisexual men tested in 2011 had HIV and that HIV prevalence increased with increasing age".

HIV among Gay and Bisexual Men - Centers for Disease Control ...

www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/CDC-MSM-508.pdf

Demographic Statistics - United States

http://www.infoplease.com/us/census/data/demographic.html

National Institute Health Statistics. Sexual Orientation and Health Among U.S. Adults: National Health Interview Survey, 2013

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr077.pdf

Where does it say that 60+% of all gay men are HIV+? Underlined, bolden it, I don't see it.

The closest I can see states "In 2012, in the United States, gay and bisexual men accounted for 80% of 38,160 estimated HIV

diagnoses among all males (regardless of sexuality) aged 13 years and older and 64% of 47,989 estimated diagnoses

among all persons (male and female regardless of sexuality) receiving an HIV diagnosis that year.

At the end of 2012, of the estimated 880,440 persons living with an HIV diagnosis, 451,656 (51%) were gay and bisexual men (so they make up only 51% of among ALL HIV/ AIDS infections, not only gay men)"

So where does it say that most (50%+) have HIV /AIDS? I hope you understand they have are talking about HIV/ AIDS infected persons only, not the gay/ bisexual male population as a whole.

Maybe if I did this mathematically, you would understand.

There is an estimated 209,000,000 adults in the United States, ***% of which identify as gay or bisexual male (that's about 6,000,000), so for your theory to work that means there should be almost ***,000,000 gay/bisexual men living with HIV/AIDS in the United States, however according to the research YOU provided(the most recent number from Nov 2014 is 721,500) that isn't true.

Furthermore, lets take the estimated numbers of HIV+/AIDS gay men of 451,656 (your numbers, although the most recent number from Nov 2014 is 721,500) and compare the percentage against the estimated number of gay men (6,000,000+) in the United States. 451,656 (or 721,500) of only 12-13% (which supports the most conservative research I found) of gay men in the United States.

An estimated 20% (from the most generous, really generous research I've seen) have HIV/ AIDS, which is 20% too much in my opinion but to say MOST of them have the disease is just gross exaggeration.

20% of Gay Men Are HIV-Positive, but Nearly Half Don’t Know It.

http://healthland.time.com/2010/09/26/study-20-of-homosexual-men-are-hiv-positive-but-only-half-know-it/

HIV Among Gay and Bisexual Men. "National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (NHBS) indicated that 18% of gay and bisexual men tested in 2011 had HIV and that HIV prevalence increased with increasing age".

HIV among Gay and Bisexual Men - Centers for Disease Control ...

www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/CDC-MSM-508.pdf

Demographic Statistics - United States

http://www.infoplease.com/us/census/data/demographic.html

National Institute Health Statistics. Sexual Orientation and Health Among U.S. Adults: National Health Interview Survey, 2013

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr077.pdf

you obviously didn't read my post and the contents of the site i gave u.

also I don't know what you are on abt anymore.

don't brother quoting me anymore, you won't get a reply, I am done with this blind and unnecessary argument .