Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Soul Mates

sweetz

Sometimes, its hard to understand most ladies.. When they know how you feel about them, some play along while others frustrates your feelings..

Some make you feel on top of the world, and still flirt around with other ladies..

How do I know when its true love?

Share your thoughts with me, you might not just be helping me, but others too

Its hard to find who is real. that's one of the reasons being alive in the world where nothing is perfect. But wat I learnt is that you

Keep believing in your dreams one day u might be able to find who you can endure their nonsense.

when she's willing to do everything and anything to be with you.

I think deep down we know when someone loves us or not. we just sometimes decide to settle/manage and hope their love grows. in my case I deceived myself that my love will be enough for both of us.

I dunno sha, beginning to doubt the existence of unconditional love tho.

I agree with Iris, when she puts you before her friends because that shit is hard

She cn put u befre her frnds and still dont give a hoot abt you

I feel u identify true love when she.......

Errrrmmmmm she. ......

Omo i no knw jare

Love course is hard

Ppl lie and pretend so well

True love is hard to find but, wen u fine one is easy to tell. DAT person will b all over u weather she is wit u or not. She just cant stay a moment wit@ u. u will always feel it. U can always tell if it real or not.

remove the adjective 'true' before the other word and i can say it exists. but also know that there's a difference between 'i love u' and 'i'm in love with u'. you alwz gat my back when i dont get my shits together, i can love u for dat, but it doesnt make me be in love wid u. am in love with u when my world starts to revolve around u, i eat and breathe u, and all other fictitious condiments we read and see in books n movies. so where that adjective 'true' is coming from is wot i dunno.. i could say 'i'm in love wid u' not 'i'm in true love wid u'... c'mon lets get real here.

• 6 months later...

Ok, Love is Love.. There's nothin like true or fake love.. And people pretend a lot esp when they know what you expect from them. They can Love u and cheat on u as well. But when they are in love with u, you'll know..

Talkin from my experience, and agreeing wif some of the replies..

Until u are in love, u might not know what love is.

How do you know when it's true love ? Well there's no fake love, it's either love or not... How do you know when someone loves you truly? Patience- That's the secret, I tell this to my friends everytime. With patience, you will know when someone loves you , is deceiving you or is just trying to make use of you or whatever their intentions are, with time you will find out . No matter how good someone is in pretending, they will always show their true colours with time, no one can pretend forever . The problem is when someone starts showing us the kinda attention we want and says all the right things we wanna hear, esp when it's coming from someone we are attracted to, we let ourselves go . Someone can do everything stated above and even more without loving you, Time is the only way to be sure of someone's love for you . Time will determine if the words: actions is balanced or not.

• Upvote 1

@Fummy, you speak as though love is necessarily forever. sometimes its a moment , a moment blissful in itself, sometimes its a month or a year or 5years. its all love, and that of a moment was just as true and as pure and as good as that of five years. when we place conditions on love, we begin to jumble things up and make true love look / seem fake.

@Fummy, you speak as though love is necessarily forever. sometimes its a moment , a moment blissful in itself, sometimes its a month or a year or 5years. its all love, and that of a moment was just as true and as pure and as good as that of five years. when we place conditions on love, we begin to jumble things up and make true love look / seem fake.

Lol a month? Love? Well am sorry but maybe we have different definitions of love . Every feelings we have doesn't have to be necessarily LOVE. Sometimes its not even love, it can be infatuation, like, lust, feelings, or any other thing . The fact that you care about someone and think about them often doesn't mean you love them and it's why i'll still insist on what I stated above. In my opinion, the only way to know if you truly love someone or if someone truly loves you is through Patience. How many times have you thought you were madly in love with someone and the sun just couldn't shine without them only for you realize later on that you do not love them . The way people fall in love this ddays surprises me and no I will not believe you if you tell me you love me just after knowing me for a month . And here's why: I believe love is a gradual process and I believe you can only know your love for someone is true after getting to know them for who they really are and still loving them with their imperfections. There's no way you can love me after a month when you don't really even know me . You can have feelings for someone after a month, like them a lot and all but feelings are very very fickle and it's why after some months we realize we don't really like someone as much as we thought we did after finding out who they really are.. when we say we love someone without really knowing them, Ii think what we actually really love is our idea of them, who we think they really are and that's why we see people fall in n out of love anyhow but ofcourse it's not actually LOVE .

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...
On 1/12/2015 at 12:41 PM, dreamgal said:

when she's willing to do everything and anything to be with you.

So true.