Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

AM SORRY

Fummy

Lol yes, I read it again too and again. I could only read the first few lines as I was ironing the first time I saw it. But I knew I loved it already. There’s something about the way it was written. I love the tone, mood and VERY subtle sarcasm. The first two lines killed it for me... “Am sorry. That is what I want to say...”. My other favourite lines are:

“Am sorry I made you hit me. You see. I accept, I agree

“I should have kept quiet, I shouldn’t have argued with you. But I forgot. Yes I did”.

Am sorry. With you I will always be sorry”.

I really love this poem. Even at its length, the writer didn’t stray in creativity one bit. And the lines are not ambiguous, not boring. They are like a story and not some make-believe words striving for rhymes. You know those kinds we write.

This is the kind of poem that should be in the dailies.

Thanks Iris once again, thanks for such kind words :D ...... I should frame this comments but I will just have them ingrained in my mind

i'm sorry i thought u were talkn bou urself

i'm sorry i almost started to reach for my cell

to call and console your broken heart

thereafter go and kick his battered ass

lol

thumbs up babes, it is thought provoking, speaking to d conscience. some one go tell my ex to come read dis

Loooooooll hahaha thanks dear nope it didn't happen to me, give me her number let's deal with her :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I read this over and over again Then I paused to check the writer's name, it tells my story though I haven't got the courage to tell it myself, but this was me for a very long time but I grew up and realized my worth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChazBee said:

I read this over and over again Then I paused to check the writer's name, it tells my story though I haven't got the courage to tell it myself, but this was me for a very long time but I grew up and realized my worth. 

Awww. When you do get the courage please tell your story so others can learn and trust me, you will feel better once you let it off your chest.

• Moderators

A beautiful beautiful poem... I'm coming across it for the first time. 

I know what abuse is and I also know it leaves behind a shame that often stops you from recounting the tale to another even when you were strong enough to walk away. 

In your own time Chaz... good on you that you walked away. That's worth celebrating. 

2 hours ago, vina said:

Awww. When you do get the courage please tell your story so others can learn and trust me, you will feel better once you let it off your chest.

I sure will babe, have started too many times but never had the kinda nerves I need. I hope I'll get the courage to tell it in this lifetime 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ChazBee said:

I sure will babe, have started too many times but never had the kinda nerves I need. I hope I'll get the courage to tell it in this lifetime 

Hugs.... it must have broken you. 

Good thing you found the strength to walk away

10 hours ago, ChazBee said:

XOXO babe.. We care.

@Fummy this is wonderful share!

And mean while where have you been?😁

This made me go back to memory  lane to see if l have been abused in anyway and  l did remembered the only girl that did hit me a few times was my secondary school babe because she was too jealous to a fault. 

On 10/22/2018 at 3:12 PM, ChazBee said:

Babe my heart goes out for you.🤗

I will encourage you to just try and just share it. It will help you a great deal. It's a good therapy to heal wounds. Just start any how. 

3 hours ago, MENA said:

Babe my heart goes out for you.🤗

I will encourage you to just try and just share it. It will help you a great deal. It's a good therapy to heal wounds. Just start any how. 

I'll try soon, maybe break it into chapters, I don't know yet but I'll figure it out. Thanks so much 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kimi said:

Hugs.... it must have broken you. 

Good thing you found the strength to walk away

I really did but God got me. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...