Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Something in the news that got me angry

Milad

A few days after the attack in Paris and countless Boko Haram attacks that for the most part have gone unnoticed in the western media, I sat down to watch the news after I had gotten home from work. MSNBC has a morning show called Morning Joe, the panelists were so scared or politically correct to call a Islamists Islamists.....think about that for a second........I switched the channel to reruns of The Big Bang Theory after tweeting about the nonsense. Here is an article very well written about the Western medias fear, intellectual dishonestly in these attacks

I hope you enjoy

https://thegerasites.wordpress.com/2015/01/17/charlie-hebdo-reaction-part-2-know-your-enemy/

• Moderators

I totally understand where you're coming from, however I'm visiting Nigeria at the moment, and no one here seems to care either.

The government of Nigeria has prohibited the media from covering/ reporting the bomb blasts/attacks, how are we supposed to know our enemy, if we can't see what the enemy is doing. Some answers I've received are "its their people they are killing", or " its in the north so...", I really wish there was a word to explain the type of nonchalant attitude going around here.

Remember how the Parisians matched in anger concerning the attacks in Paris, where are the Africans or even Nigerians matching? The Nigerian President doesn't even talk about it. No one is going to fight our battles for us.

A friend of mine (Nigerian currently living there)and I were discussing the same thing. However, coming from muslim backgrounds we know that marches are not going to come from "our" (muslim Africans)ppl, they would either publicly as in Chad voice their agreement or be gleeful in silence.

I have seen it in the Somali community. I dont know what warped mind it takes to hate the west and yet continue to live in it and appreciate its freedoms only to scream against them anytime it confronts Islam or anything cultural (FGM, general cultural fuggery).

And then you constantly hear White ppl and Muslim apologists on news talking about how this isnt Islam, meanwhile in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Mauritania, Nigeria they're flogging, and beheading blasphemers, kidnapping children, setting off bombs the list is endless. And its not just born muslims, converts also quickly turn rabid but no one wants to ask the hard questions. Except for Bill Maher and even he isnt doing it like he should.

I feel like I am trapped in the novel 1984

“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

or in this case

Education is western kuffar imperialism (term used for non muslims, sub human)

Islam is peace,

Ignorance is a virtue,

Rape is marriage.

Well I hope non muslim Nigerians wake up soon, Islam isnt about staying in your lane. Have you seen the map they have planned for the world? The have half of Africa blocked off as part of the Khalaafa (Islamic State) Nigeria included!

I totally understand where you're coming from, however I'm visiting Nigeria at the moment, and no one here seems to care either.

The government of Nigeria has prohibited the media from covering/ reporting the bomb blasts/attacks, how are we supposed to know our enemy, if we can't see what the enemy is doing. Some answers I've received are "its their people they are killing", or " its in the north so...", I really wish there was a word to explain the type of nonchalant attitude going around here.

Remember how the Parisians matched in anger concerning the attacks in Paris, where are the Africans or even Nigerians matching? The Nigerian President doesn't even talk about it. No one is going to fight our battles for us.

Ah Moresko, so you're in Nigeria and you've not come visiting. When do you plan to come or is your visiting schedule already fixed? Mine is flexible so I can come along with my dog.

Lol

Ah Moresko, so you're in Nigeria and you've not come visiting. When do you plan to come or is your visiting schedule already fixed? Mine is flexible so I can come along with my dog.

• Administrators

A friend of mine (Nigerian currently living there)and I were discussing the same thing. However, coming from muslim backgrounds we know that marches are not going to come from "our" (muslim Africans)ppl, they would either publicly as in Chad voice their agreement or be gleeful in silence.

I have seen it in the Somali community. I dont know what warped mind it takes to hate the west and yet continue to live in it and appreciate its freedoms only to scream against them anytime it confronts Islam or anything cultural (FGM, general cultural fuggery).

And then you constantly hear White ppl and Muslim apologists on news talking about how this isnt Islam, meanwhile in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Mauritania, Nigeria they're flogging, and beheading blasphemers, kidnapping children, setting off bombs the list is endless. And its not just born muslims, converts also quickly turn rabid but no one wants to ask the hard questions. Except for Bill Maher and even he isnt doing it like he should.

I feel like I am trapped in the novel 1984

“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

or in this case

Education is western kuffar imperialism (term used for non muslims, sub human)

Islam is peace,

Ignorance is a virtue,

Rape is marriage.

Well I hope non muslim Nigerians wake up soon, Islam isnt about staying in your lane. Have you seen the map they have planned for the world? The have half of Africa blocked off as part of the Khalaafa (Islamic State) Nigeria included!

I don't see this happening anytime soon. There is just so much discussion happening around religion that the most important facts are left out. I sometimes wonder if religion is a curse or a blessing.

• Like 1

Religion has become an individual phenomenon... I have and know a lot of muslims who are totally against and appaulled at all what the bokoharams do.As far they are concerned these bokoharams are not muslims.The word " islam " means "peace " n I believe there is nowhere in the Muslim holy Book dat States dat one should take another human life.meanwhile ,I understand there's a part of this Holy Book that clearly States: there is no compulsion in religion. Thus ,these so called bokoharams r doing their thing..reasoning n believing whatever they choose to believe...Is the current govt.a muslim govt.?..how come the media doesnot show us bokoharam gist anymore?...oh.. pls,whats the latest on the chibok girls?...yea thought so!...Not all Christians r not guilty..if this govt wasn't weak n highly corrupt,then bokoharam ought to have been eradicated long befor now...n pple expect me to vote?.phuh!..I will forever remain anti-political....

I have a few friends and family that are angry about what boko haram, isis, al shabab are doing but mostly from the stand point of how Islam is being perceived. Not because they actually believe in secular democratic values.

So many muslims (those that live in the west) my family included have become so accustomed to living in free society that they think those values were magically available in the Quran and Hadith, instead of something that was hard fought for over centuries.

Case in point, my mother recently decided to have a hissy fit about ISIS and its pamphlet on why slavery, and in particular sexual slavery of captive women is allowed in Islam. They had referenced Quranic verses, Hadith, Tafsiir etc, but my mother was hell bent that somehow this was all wrong.

So I issued this challenge, I told her to produce a definitive statement in the Quran where Allah says the following that slavery is deplorable and should be stamped out wherever it is, I also asked that she find hadith where the prophet explicitly says the following that slavery is abolished not just regulated and institutionalized but abolished completely in Mohammeds time. Its been over a month and she still cant find it.

yes.Amaan means peace.Islam means what u said,peace and anything halaal.Ask ur imam or anyone.meanwhile the basis of my contribution here is simply the fact dat circumstances has made religion a personalized perception. conflicts arise as a result of these individual perceptions n selfish interest.whether u r a muslim,Christian, pagan,Atheist, Hindu or whatver. #simplymyopinion#

yes.Amaan means peace.Islam means what u said,peace and anything halaal.Ask ur imam or anyone.meanwhile the basis of my contribution here is simply the fact dat circumstances has made religion a personalized perception. conflicts arise as a result of these individual perceptions n selfish interest.whether u r a muslim,Christian, pagan,Atheist, Hindu or whatver. #simplymyopinion#

I believe the problem we are facing in Nigeria isn't about traditions or protecting status quo. It's a power struggle between religion.. Like fly said, 'I wonder if religion is a blessing or curse'. Nigeria really have a long way to go because the issue about the book haram and killings have gotten the a stage where state of emergency should be declared and tackle with all hands on deck but as usual we have these lukewarm as long as it doesn't affect what the hell. We just scream and rant but no headway.. Protesting I don't see that happening... Reminds me of occupy Nigeria..the question that should be has religion done more harm than good in Nigeria.? It has indeed. It's now a case of survival of the fittest.. I rest my case...

This is not personal perception they are using scripture to justify their actions. Also, they are trying to retake the lands of the Islamic empire, with more land added especially in Africa. Also, the name issue is online it does mean submission to the will of Allah. You might be confusing it with the usual line "Islam is a religion of peace" but the actual meaning is submission to the will of Allah p.s. I havent seen my local Imam in about 5 years since I left the religion and I dont think he wants to see me and I dont want to see him. Horrible fellow and closet racist