Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What Type of Hugger Are You?

FlyJ

• Administrators

What type of hug is your favourite to the person closest to you?

1) Do you like to wrap your arms completely around someone and nestle and embrace them within your arms?

2) Do you like another to wrap you up in their arms, making you feel more warm and safe?

***) Do you like a more mutual hug where you both equally embrace each other?

4) other: please elaborate.

Also, reflecting on your answer, do you think it has anything to do with how dominant, protective or submissive you are in relationships or is it unrelated and just how you like it?

I did go with #1 for me.

You didn't explain why #1 is your preference. I'ld prefer #2,it's just the way I like it and lucky enough for me,those closest to me prefer it that way too.

I wouldn't mind who hugs who...infact i've never really noticed...but I would prefer #three...I like mutual feelings...things should be reciprocated... share feelings...makes me feel great...for example,one of the reasons why I wouldn't be with a butch apart from obviously looking like a dude is dat, they like to be in charge in bed n everything..lol..and this is like ,a 100% impossible with sleeky...don't just do me,biko make we share am ,no be only u like better..hehehehe. ...so let's hug each other! ..lol.

I wouldn't mind who hugs who...infact i've never really noticed...but I would prefer #three...I like mutual feelings...things should be reciprocated... share feelings...makes me feel great...for example,one of the reasons why I wouldn't be with a butch apart from obviously looking like a dude is dat, they like to be in charge in bed n everything..lol..and this is like ,a 100% impossible with sleeky...don't just do me,biko make we share am ,no be only u like better..hehehehe. ...so let's hug each other! ..lol.

Absolutely

I prefer number ***. I want to feel you hug me as much as I'm hugging you. And if I've really missed you, I'll hug you so long and so hard you'll literally have to tap me and say "okay babe thats enough, I can't breathe"

And @sleeky, not all butchs look like men lool, and not all are dominants. I actually know two who are such pillow princesses its quiet embarrassing. I think when it comes to the bedroom, communication is key. If your butch really loves you, pleasing you is all she'd want. And if letting you touch or make love to her is what will please you then all you need do is ask (perhaps several times lool) and she will.

PS: the above doesn't apply to stone butchs oo. So do not date one if you are not a pillow princess.

@Llyn ..hmmmmm..u seem always defensive on "butches" topics ..r u one.. ?. tell us!...lol. . ...and hey Llynn...what makes a gurl a butch if she doesn't look anything like a dude at all?... then she's not a butch ..Trust me I hv a few butches as friends, reserved,nice,engineers...neat n all...but still butches...lol...I can't be with a butch,this has always been clear....#justmychoice#

Lmao of course and we respect that choice and yes, if I absolutely had to label myself, I'd go with soft butch. Its nothin to hide really. However, I dont believe being butch is based on looks solely. I think its more mannerism & carriage than anything else. I mean there was a time I was girly, and I never heard "you must look like your father" which is how polite people say you act/look like a man but since I switched things up, its all I get @sleeky

PS: Everytime I hear an intelligent woman say she doesn't do tomboys, it physically pains me I won't lie :'(

Like things are not hard enough for us already.

@Llynn...hahahaha ...I just so knew it!!!!...anyways, I am too exposed to assume being a butch is SOLEY on physical attributes...naaah...u should re-read and understand my comments thoroughly honey... and about labels...this will never go away u know...it is what it is...meanwhile, I 've always said this, I have nothing against tomboys...if u the sagging n dreads type of tomboy ,hahahaha..pls don't even say hello to me...it's ur life n preference yeah,but don't rob it off on me...we r all entiled to our preferences that's all....no offense Llynn...Afterall there are fems.who would date nothing but a butch...hehehehe ...at the end of the day...it is simply,different strokes for different folks. :)/

Now back to the topic: what type of hugger are u? :)

• Moderators

Really, what does one's "hugging" preference have to do with whatever label they decide to put on themselves?

When we hug someone, oxytocin is released into our bodies by our pituitary gland, lowering both our heart rates and our cortisol levels. Cortisol is the hormone responsible for stress, high blood pressure, and heart disease.

In addition to releasing Oxytocin, hugs also stimulate brains to release dopamine, the pleasure hormone. Dopamine sensors are the areas that many stimulating drugs such as cocaine and methamphetamine target.

Why are you worried about what the hugger is wearing? Just focus on the hug, let it make you feel good. I love hugs, I don't care if you're male, female or whatever label you want to put on yourselves, I just want a hug.

@sleeky Lool, I'll be saying hello to you real soon then, seeing as I don't sag nor am I on dreads : )

@moresko Lool we deviated but I guess we all agree hugs are awesome!

@Moresko ,lmao...I am not worried o..if u are ,pls don't be.. . if u read n understood my comment well ,u would know I just sighted an example with mode of dressing. And whether u n I like it or not "labelling" will never seize to exist. I only expressed my opinion ,I never crushed someone else's...so kilode.??? I must n't like what u like n vice versa. we can never be all the same...like I said. different strokes for different folks.Now... Allow me embrace my preference in peace biko!..@Llyn u are most welcome ..... :)

• Moderators

@Moresko ,lmao...I am not worried o..if u are ,pls don't be.. . if u read n understood my comment well ,u would know I just sighted an example with mode of dressing. And whether u n I like it or not "labelling" will never seize to exist. I only expressed my opinion ,I never crushed someone else's...so kilode.??? I must n't like what u like n vice versa. we can never be all the same...like I said. different strokes for different folks.Now... Allow me embrace my preference in peace biko!..@Llyn u are most welcome ..... :)/>

I'm not in the least worried. The post has nothing to do with your preferences, or what you like or don't like. The post is about HUGS, focus on HUGS.

@Moresko...lmao..if u like keep yourself 6ft under.U can never control how I want my hugger to dress.u are obviously worried,but there is nothing u can do about it. just add ur contribution and dont kill yourself over other people's opinion. I have said my preference and would always say it whenever I want. ..hahahahahah

• Moderators

Really? You and your "hugger" are your business, and your first references to "butchnrss" had nothing to do with hugging; even Llyn admitted you deviated from the topic. If you want to write about your "preferences", CREATE A NEW TOPIC discussing it, simple.

• Moderators

HUGS. I like allll the hugs. If you do too, join me, let’s have a party!

A hug party sounds awesome

It beats my imagination why a simple hug topic has got anything to do with mode of dressing or labeling..I do go with no 1... what's life without a hug..A hug is so very simple but so beautifully awesome and powerful. I love hugs,all kinds of hug. When people hug me or when i hug,I feel pretty cool and good. was having a terrible day at the bank yesterday because of the so called upcoming election but one of the bankers helped me a lot nd after which I gave her a big hug, She just turned to me and said "Thanks for the hug I needed it". It made me feel good.. So let's join the Hug party and hug for no reason..it's absolutely free..

you can't hug me for no reason especially when I don't know you. A stranger hugging me is like getting into my private space without permission, I will defend my territory.

I totally agree @dequeen.

Tbh, I rarely even hug people I know unless uno, I have a crush on you and I'm looking for a legit reason to feel you up lool otherwise, I smile broadly, give you an awkward pat on your back or shoulder and quickly move on -__-

@Abystacy,yes ! let it keep beating ur imagination ...u never start. @moresko I'm not really sure what your beef is....finally though u are allowing it be our business... thank God oo...I will not create a topic on it.it said explain..and I did ..I dont know what ur problem is.. Go back n re- read my comment..when I saw the deviation ..I said " now back to the topic, what type of hugger are u?.. Moresko rest!..mind ur business.you can never control what or how I feel.Rest!!!!

Lol @Lynn. #that awkward back pat, I have a friend who gives you a thumbs up or a high five accompanied with a broad smile. I like smiles.

I didn't recall mentioning a name.. For obvious reasons. .or should I explain further,?

which witch is in me??