Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Buhari Appoints #BringBackOurGirls Founder as Member of His Inauguration Committee

FlyJ

• Administrators

Hadiza-Bala-Usman.jpg

By Yemi Adebowale

President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) has appointed Hadiza Bala Usman, the Founder of the #BringBackOurGirls crusade as a member of his Presidential Inauguration Planning Committee.

It will be recalled that in 2014, Chief Audu Ogbeh, an APC Chieftain openly acknowledged the #BringBackOurGirls campaign as an offshoot of the All Progressive Congress (APC), a statement for which he later apologised after massive public criticism and outrage.

BBOG2.jpg

The inauguration committee is co-chaired by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Pius Anyim; and a former Bayelsa State Governor, Chief Timpre Sylva.

Members from the outgoing government include the Chief of Defence‎, Air Chief Marshal, Alex Badeh; Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Bala Mohammed; Minister of Water Resources, Sarah Ochekpe; Minister of ‎Aviation, Osita Chidoka; Minister of Culture, Tourism and National Orientation, Edem Duke; Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development, Akon Ayakenyi; and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Aminu Wali; Minister of Interior, Abba Moro.

Others are the representative of the Office of the National Security Adviser, Bello Fadile; the Inspector-General of Police; Minister of State Defence, Col. Austin Akobundu (retd.); Commander Brigades of Guards, Brig. Gen. A. B. Omozoje and Mrs. Ibukun Odusote, Permanent Secretary, Presidency (Office of the Secretary to Government of the Federation).

Members of incoming government are Timipre Sylva, (co-chairman), Chief Pius Akinyelure, Mrs. Abike Dabiri Erewa, Ms. Sharon Ikeazor, ‎Prof. Tony Anwuka, Alhaji Kawy Baraje, Sen John Shagaya (rtd), Hadiza Bala Usman (#BringBackOurGirls), Babagana Kingibe, Ismaila Isa Tuntua, Senator Binta Masi Garba, Mr. Babachir Lawal and Mr. Samson Osagie.

‎The committee has the mandate to draw up programs of activities for the inauguration ceremony; arrange invitations and accommodation for foreign and local dignitaries; organize approved program of activities; draw up budget‎ for the program of activities and coopt into sub-committees, persons that may be necessary to assist in the discharge of activities.

Source

• Like 1

A pat on the back someone said. Buhari promised to work with Abike Dabiri,..and here it is! A bunch of newly empowered "politicians", hope there's someone different and courageous here though? Few women, not good.

He is still gona work with her...Abike knows her onions and making her settle for less,sometng as meagre as bring back our girls committee*aint saying it ain't important tho* would be a slap on her face.He hasn't taken power yet,so y'all should give him a breather and wait till he does. i voted 4buhari knowing fully well he'd deliver,he hasn't stepped in yet and y'all be wanting him to work magic. Like really???

He is still gona work with her...Abike knows her onions and making her settle for less,sometng as meagre as bring back our girls committee*aint saying it ain't important tho* would be a slap on her face.He hasn't taken power yet,so y'all should give him a breather and wait till he does. i voted 4buhari knowing fully well he'd deliver,he hasn't stepped in yet and y'all be wanting him to work magic. Like really???

I don't understand. BBOG committee? Hope we re all on same page.

I don't understand. BBOG committee? Hope we re all on same page.

Lol...yes we are hun.you need to surf d net to read d follow up post bout 'this' BBOG to understand better

Honestly I don't understand, yet.

Bring back our girls (BBOG) is a movement and a campaign, not a committee.

Abike Dabiri is a representative of the federal house for one of the constituencies in lagos, through APC, she's also the chairperson, house committe on diaspora.

Yes, at a point she openly declared her intention to join the call for the safe return of the abducted girls, this is as she faulted the manner in which the federal government is handling the abduction saga and insecurity in general.

She was never on the Bring back our girls committee.

All her federal appointments were under GEJ's administration.

Her first national assignment with General Muhammed Buhari (GMB) / his government, is her appointment as member on the GMB's/ president elect transitional committee.

Which has made good Buhari's promise to work with her.

To me, a good sign of promises made and kept. So?

Habaa give it a rest already.

Btw BBOG is a campaign no doubt but isn't a committee set up for this kinda thing?. I clearly don't understand where your confusion lies; is it in d fact that i used "committee" instead of campaign?

Well...our ideologies differ

Ideologies and wrong information are two seperate things.

He's already working with her so you will understand why I was "at sea" when you said "he's still gonna work with her", "give him a breather"

"making her settle for less,sometng as meagre as bring back our girls committee*" I'm sure I wasn't the only one in doubt on the above because she was never on BBOG.and etc.

Good you voted GMB, many others did too.