Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

WNBA star splits from pregnant partner

FlyJ

• Administrators

Brittney Griner says she is seeking to annul her marriage to fellow WNBA player Glory Johnson — who announced this week that she was pregnant.

The players were married on May 8; weeks after both were arrested in a domestic violence incident in Arizona.

Later in May, both players were suspended by the WNBA for seven games over the incident, which resulted in charges of disorderly conduct, fighting and assault with intent to injury.

The WNBA’s investigation into the matter found that a shoving match between the two escalated into a fight in which punches were thrown and both women injured.

Griner, who led the Phoenix Mercury to the WNBA title last season, told ESPN in a statement on Friday that the couple agreed to split last week.

Source

• Like 1

It's very funny and sad. I'm a fan to both of them. Theyy look so good together, their playful photos, video clips, and oh the wedding vidoes and photos. Barely a week after glory announced shes expecting a baby. They should have postponed or canceled the wedding instead of carrying on with it. 28days afterwards all stories of annulment. It's sad that both were not responsible enough to think about the IvF. And now glory have put her life and career on a hold for this season. I don't know the real problem with the two of them but I don't believe they were responsible enough. I initially taught it was all joke until I noticed that glory have deleted all pictures of Britney on her instagram page few days ago. What a shame. I hope the counseling will help them make the best decision for the baby because the baby is their responsibility. Annulment or divorce.