Nigerian Lesbian Forum

You know?

Iris

You know when it's gone, it's gone

When you've lost it, you have

There's nothing you can do, you leave

You forget.

You never look back, never apologize.

They say "always say sorry when you're wrong".

How can you believe that lie?

So how's Yetunde, your Yoruba friend?

You'll do the same things again

Cos it's what you are.

Leave the older past, it has changed you like this

See you, you misbehave, you're not real (anymore)

But still, l'm doing now what you said l should be doing.

Tobi George

Culled: Punch

Mmmm deep. Love this. Talks about betrayal when you finally realize that they aren't coming back and no it doesn't even matter that they said they'd never leave . You finally realize you were living a lie, it was never real, it was infatuation from their side. It's just pure betrayal because you thought it was love and you loved with all your heart and no nope lol don't even go there apology does nothing @all.. Lool Ohh am sorry I told you I loved you when all I wanted to do was f***k you? Lmao nah. sometimes we feel an apology will make us feel better, seeing them regret and slip on the tears they spill but no really it doesn't . So what do we do? We move on regardless of how hard it may seem, we just move on and wait till d day it stops hurting and trust me that day will come.. one day you will actually be glad they left and you won't feel this pain anymore.. This is to everyone who is going through what this poem entails and oh am a survivor, lol

Ohh I thought it was... Even if it wasn',t it portrayed betrayal, loool... Me sef

Not betrayal either. I think it's about the poet's changing state of mind over a period of time. Often moody. Straying. And how it has affected his actions.

I hear that people interpret things based on their own state of mind or the things they focus on the most. There's such a poem I once saw, everyone I read it out to always thinks a different thing about what the poet is talking about. *I think I'll post it here to see the responses*

You are right. It's not a comprehension passage where you have to decipher, correctly, the poet's mood and get marks for it.

I hear that people interpret things based on their own state of mind or the things they focus on the most. There's such a poem I once saw, everyone I read it out to always thinks a different thing about what the poet is talking about. *I think I'll post it here to see the responses*

Will love to read the said poem cuz my interpreting skills is out of this world, lol

..The poets changing state of mind and feelings..writes like a girl I've read many times.

Thing is feelings aren't easy to catch but they do change. Today here, tomorrow gone, if not attended.

Once there is a feel, no matter what kind of feeling it is; depth, sad, like, hurt, fun, it is a feel alright as you don't pickup feelings from the floor! You have to relish them while they are there...

..And if it was a true feel, let it totally draw you in, even for a moment cos if you don't take it all in, that's when you can't leave when they' re gone. Not the other way around.

Yetunde must be doing fine now I'm guessing.

I couldn't link to this different ode at Punch either.

• 2 weeks later...