Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

FAN FICTION ZONE

Calllaris

To all Tibette fans. Those two in the Lword were favourites and most lesbians all over the place could go on and on about them for ever. Let's put that obsession to good use.

This is from a place called the fan fiction zone where Tibette fans could makeup their own stories of Bette and Tina, and join unto the movie story line or not. Its simply about Bette and Tina. You choose a segment, perhaps your favourite sect and tell an interesting fiction of them. Or better still, just enjoy the work of various various Tibette fans (This is a team work, it isn't a particular person's work. I've rightfully edited some parts. You don't just tamper another person's intellectual property)

THE BEGiNNING

Instead of guessing the future... How about we write their past? We know they met at the gallery. Bette made her move later when Tina left her ear ring. What happened next? It's up to all of us. I know 'Play' wrote a bit on Tina and Bette the early years... so lets try to stray away from that storyline. Remember this was back over 13 years right... they had been together 7 years at the beginning of Season one. So like 1995? (doesn't matter, enjoy)

Tina Kennard chewed her bottom lip as she contemplated the numerous outcomes the next few minutes could hold. The main question, to call or not to call Bette Porter. The strange tingle travelled her spine at the mere thought of the enigmatic gallery owner. Funny how that one questioned hosted such a conundrum. What did it all mean? Never in Tina's years had she felt herself so drawn to another human being. A woman no less! Did this mean she was gay? Even though up until now she had only been with men, not by conscious choice... but still?

The heavy sigh filled the small LA bedroom as she stared at the slip of paper Bette had given to Tina before leaving. The flashes like a movie played in her mind as the gallery owner placed the ear ring in her palm. Those warm fingers touched her palm. In that moment, there was no denying the strange pull, as Bette's mouth loomed closer and closer.

"Errrrrr" Tina threw her face into her pillows. Kicking her feet and shaking her head. Trying to erase the memory from her mind. "Just call her!"

With a will she normally did not possess, her fingers dialled the digits. Holding her breath with anticipation but to be deflated as the unmistakable tones of a pager answering service requested the return number. A split second of doubt channelled threw her mind to finally give in and punch in her phone number.

The gallery owner removed the heavy metal key from the door lock after the loud tumbler click. Bette pulled on the handle, insuring the door was in fact locked. Double checked the green light on the alarm system inside, through the thick glass, indicating it's activation. A small smile of satisfaction graced the classic beauty as she headed to her car. The gleam of the setting sun made the silver of her convertible Mercedes Benz sparkle. She was doing well financially. Her career was taking off. What more could her life really want?

A small beep beep muffled inside her purse, then again. Bette dug for the pager, probable Katharina, the artist was driving Bette out of her mind. The phone number illuminated neon greenish and black. A huge grin broke out as a dark brow raised. Looked like the night was looking up.

"Hi Kit", Bette said as she walked into the nightclub.

"Baby Sis," Kit's eyes lit up, "What a nice surprise. I knew you'd come, you are going to stay to hear me sing, arentcha?"

"My evening would not be complete unless I heard you, now would it? You are starting in 10 minutes, yes?" Bette already thinking... the phone call.

"10 minutes it is, have to go rehearse...I'll look for you," Kit sighing with a sense of relief knowing a familiar face would be in the audience.

"Not so fast," Bette was going to make that phone call, yes THAT phone call, and still be there for her sister, "Um...Mind if I use the phone in the back in the meantime?"

"Not at all, see you in a few then", Kit smiled as she shook her head walking away knowing something was in the air.

Bette passed the jukeboxand entered the office in the back finding the phone and began dialing the number on the pager...

But...When she pressed the last number...Her heart suddenly began to flutter... and why was the phone suddenly sliding off her hand...sweat? What's this Porter? Clammy hands? Knock it off shakes head...ring...ring...

"Hello?"

"Alice?!" Not the voice she was hoping to hear.

"Hey Bette, you sound surprised." Alice's words came out slurred.

"I am," Bette said a bit dejectedly, "where are you calling me from?"

"The pay phone at Milk." So that's why she didn't recognise the number.

"Milk? What are you doing there? You were supposed to meet me…..remember?"

"I know, but I was feeling depressed so I decided to drown my sorrows instead. I'm feeling no pain right now," she added with a giggle.

"Depressed? Why are you depressed?" Bette asked, exasperated.

"Oh, I don't know…maybe because my girlfriend fell in love with some straight girl a couple of weeks ago and decided to break up with me."

"Pffbt! I didn't say I fell in love…..I said I met someone I felt an instant connection to. Besides, you and I are better friends than lovers anyway…..and you know it."

"Whatever. So has the hot blonde chick called you yet?"

"No."

"No!? Two weeks and no phone call? You must be slipping Porter." Bette couldn't help but feel the same way. She could have sworn Tina Kennard had felt the same connection she had. Yes, she'd fled from the gallery as quickly as her feet would carry her after that kiss….but not before accepting the slip of paper Bette had offered her. Damn! Why hadn't she called? The band warming up on stage forced her out of her reverie.

"Alice, I have to go. You're not driving are you?"

"Noooo," Alice giggle, "I'll call a cab or something…if I decide to go home that is. Right now I'm gonna go party with Shane."

Bette shook her head at Alice's wild side. "Shane? Who the hell is Shane?"

"Oh, she's this really cool chick I just met…..she's crazy, man."

"Just be careful, ok?"

"Yea, yea…don't worry."

"See ya."

"See ya. Tell Kit I said hi."

"Alright," she said, hanging up the phone and making her way to the main lounge area. Bette heard the emcee introducing Kit as she got a glass of wine and headed for a table in the corner. Just as she sat down her pager went off again. People glared at her as she rummaged through her purse to find the damn thing. Sorry, she mouthed to those around her. Another number she didn't recognize….could it be? Kit's voice floated through the air, catching her attention. She turned the pager off. Whoever it was would have to wait.

Tina hung up the phone after sending the page, her hands shaking, fear and doubt suddenly making her regret her actions. What was she thinking? It'd taken her two weeks to work up the courage to finally make that call. Bette Porter probably didn't even remember who she was. She probably gave everyone her number. But, something had happened between them …. Hadn't it? What if she didn't call? What if she did? What would she say? She threw herself on the bed, kicking her feet, screaming into the pillow….aaggghhhhh.

Bette leaned back in the chair and allowed her gaze to wander around the room as her sister sang. It was a small arena for someone with Kit's talent and history but drugs and alcohol had taken it's toll on her career…..and their relationship. Now that Kit was back in LA, they were trying to mend the past that had torn them apart. Bette knew Kit was still drinking…..she'd lost count of how many times Kit had stood her up when they were supposed to meet…but she was trying….and so was Bette. She finished her wine and signalled the waiter for another as Kit finished her set to thunderous applause. The waiter showed up, a fresh glass of wine and a beer for Kit, as he saw her making her way from the stage to join Bette. Bette scowled at the waiter before turning her attention to Kit.

"I thought you quit," she said disapprovingly.

"Everything in moderation baby sis," she said, shrugging her shoulders, "everything in moderation. Besides, my throat needs some soothing" She took a long swig and then looked questioningly at her sister. "So? What'd you think?"

Bette knew there was no such thing as moderation for Kit. Once she started, she wouldn't stop, but Bette couldn't help but smile. "You sounded as wonderful as ever. And judging from the applause, I wasn't the only one that thought so."

"It sure feels good to be back on track," Kit said, a big smiling crossing her face as a fan came over and asked for an autograph. She signed the cover of one her old albums the fan had brought and handed it back to her. The fan thanked her profusely as she walked away. "Yep, sure does feel good."

"Just don't let that…" she pointed to the beer in Kit's hand…."get in the way again."

"Hey, don't worry," she said, shaking her head, "I know I've got a good gig here … as long as folks keep showing up…I'm not gonna blow it." I hope not, Bette thought.

"Listen, I've got an early day tomorrow, so I'd better get going. You want a ride?"

Kit glanced over to the table where her band members were toasting to their success. "Nah, I think I'm gonna hang with the boys for a while. I'll give you a call soon."

"Okay, just take it easy, please?" Bette pleaded.

Kit smiled. "Don't worry so much," she said, moving toward Bette for an awkward hug. "Thanks for coming."

"My pleasure," Bette said, pulling away. "Call me."

"I will."

Bette dug in her purse for her keys as she made her way to the parking lot. Her fingers closed on the pager she'd turned off. Damn, she mumbled, was it too late to call? What if it was Tina? What if it wasn't? Why the hell hadn't she just gotten Tina's number? Because she was playing it cool. And Tina was dating Eric….she didn't want to push her. ….but she hadn't been this tied up in knots about a woman in years…if ever. Her heart skipped a beat, remembering the jolt that'd gone through her as she'd pressed her lips to Tina's. Bette found her keys and headed for home. She didn't care what time it was…..she was going to call that number.

...Bette hurriedly opened the front door and strode over to the phone. Damn...she was as nervous as a young girl, palms sweaty again, heart thudding, her thoughts jumbled. She took a quick breath and began to dial that unknown & oh so tantalising number still blinking on her pager. But then, just as suddenly, she slammed the phone down, swearing at herself under her breath. Damnit all, Porter...

...Startled awake from where she must have dozed off gripping the pillow, Tina puzzled over the sudden, sharp rush of anticipation that was permeating every region of her body. She shook herself more fully awake. What in the world is this all about, she pondered to herself-some fleeting half-remembered emotion from my dream? Or was something more tangible in the air...

Tina got out of bed, surprised she'd even fallen asleep. She'd been so nervous and excited she could barely contain herself. At some point sleep must have overtaken her. She glanced at the clock as she headed to the kitchen for a glass of water…after midnight. All her excitement and trepidation had been for naught. It had been hours since she'd sent the page, obviously Bette wasn't going to call her…and yet….where was this feeling of anticipation coming from…..what was it that had pulled her from her sleep?

Bette paced back and forth, staring at the phone as if it were a snake poised to strike if she reached for it. What the hell is wrong with you, Bette asked herself. She's just another woman, isn't she? No, Bette answered herself honestly, there was something different about Tina Kennard, some connection she'd felt the very first time their eyes had met…almost as if she'd known her all her life. Bette couldn't help but wonder if Tina had felt it too. Only one way to find out Porter….make the call. Gathering all her resolve she reached for the phone, forcing herself to dial the number. Sweaty hands held tightly to the receiver as she waited…..one ring….then two.

Water spewed out of Tina's mouth as the ring of the phone sent a shock through her system. She sat the glass quickly on the counter and ran for the phone in the bedroom. Second ring …. Third ring….."I'm coming" she called, as if the person on the other end could hear, "don't hang up." She reached the phone on the fourth ring. Just as she picked it up from the cradle she stubbed her toe hard on the night stand, falling onto the bed as she lost her balance. "Damn it," she muttered, as she righted herself and brought the phone to her ear. "Hello?" she grimaced, rubbing her toe.

"Is 'damn it' your usual greeting when you answer the phone?" Bette asked, laughing.

"It is when I've just broken my toe and fallen trying to get to it," Tina said without thinking.

"That explains it then," Bette answered, relieved somehow to know that Tina was as nervous about this phone call as she was.

Tina cursed silently, realizing what she'd just given away about herself. Trying to recover some sense of dignity, and what little pride she had left, she answered. "Well, you know, when the phone rings at almost 1 in the morning it's usually an emergency, so I didn't want to miss it," she said. "Who is this anyway?" she asked, trying to cover herself even further, knowing full well who it was. Her heart had skipped a beat at hearing the sultry voice of Bette Porter on the other end of the line.

Bette smiled to herself, seeing through Tina's attempt to recover from her admission. The words didn't matter, the sound of her voice told all Bette needed to know, but Bette played along.

"I'm sorry, this is Bette Porter. I received a page from this number," she answered as matter-of-factly as she could muster. "May I ask who you are?" she said, turning the table on Tina.

"Hmmm, Bette Porter…oh right, I paged you several hours ago. I'm Tina Kennard."

"Tina Kennard, that name does sound familiar." Bette laughed silently as she said it.

"You gave me your pager number when I, uh, picked up my earring at your gallery."

"A woman with an earring…..I've had so many women lose earrings in my gallery…"

"Bette," Tina laughed, "now I know you're teasing me."

Bette laughed with her. "Yes, I am. I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist after the 'stubbing your toe and falling' comment."

"I set myself up for that didn't I?"

"You did." They laughed together, both silently grateful the tension had been broken. "Seriously though," Bette said, "I'm really glad you finally called. I was afraid I'd scared you away."

Tina sighed. Trying to rationalize the shock that had gone through her system to herself had been hard enough, there was no way she could explain it to Bette. All she knew was that she'd never experienced anything like the connection, the pull, she felt towards this woman.

"I have to admit," Tina said honestly, "I wasn't sure what to think at first."

"And now?"

"I'm still not sure what to think," she said, "but I do know I'd like to see you again."

"I'm glad," Bette sighed, "because I'd love to see you again too." She gathered her courage and said "How about this Friday?" She couldn't believe how fast her heart was racing, and her palms were suddenly sweaty again as she waited for Tina's answer.

"Friday?" Tina asked, her nervousness suddenly reappearing as an actual date was mentioned, "this Friday?"

"If you're not busy," Bette answered, feeling her own excitement building at the thought of seeing Tina again.

"No…..no…I'm not busy." Even if I was I'd cancel whatever plans I had, Tina thought.

"6 o'clock alright with you?" Bette asked.

"6 is fine."

"Great. It's a date then. I'll pick you up."

"Bette."

"Yes?"

"You don't even know where I live."

They both broke into laughter. When the laughter had subsided they finalized their plans and said goodnight. Smiles lit both their faces as they made they're way to bed.

The loud honk of a car horn had Bette Porter gritting her teeth as her fingers gripped the Mercedes Benz black steering wheel. Glancing over, the reddish blond passenger wasn't fairing any better. Bette watched Tina chew on her lower lip. Bette blew out air to release the stress of the last two hours. Was there anything worse than a West Hollywood traffic jam? Some idiot plowed into another idiot backing up Friday night on Santa Monica Blvd. Bette checked her watch again and sighed heavily, their 6:30 O-Bar reservations were slipping away. Porter, pull it together because this date is sinking fast.

The leather seat squeaked as Tina half turned toward Bette, leaning back on the car door. "I don't think we're going to make it tonight." a crooked grin crept as she took in the gallery owner. Bette was undeniable gorgeous, more like intoxicating.

"No No we'll make it" Bette stated emphatically even as the dashboard clock glared 6:58.

Tina took pause then merely replied with, "Ummm" and turned forward in her seat.

"What?" Bette looked at her passenger.

With a shrug and a hair flip over the shoulder Tina met Bette's eyes, "I don't know, I just thought, this would be different." Tina cocked her head as her eyes seemed to size up the woman in the driver seat. "You'd be different."

With a furrow of brows Bette was taken aback by the comment. "What did you expect? Sappho love sonnet's over Jamaican coffee!"

The out right giggle made Bette smile in appreciation for the truly beautiful woman sharing her car. Once the giggle grew quite Tina said, "No not at all, but I didn't peg you for the knock'em dead with a trendy restaurant first date type either."

"Ah" Bette's head nodding back with the sound as her hand stroked her seemingly smooth neck skin. Bette failed to notice, Tina being mesmerized by the hand's movement. "Overly pretentious?"

"No...(air blowing through Tina's lips)" a hand waves off the comment. "I work in the movie industry so..." with a slight shrug of shoulder and soft smile.

Bette grimaced a bit, "I'm worse, I'm trite."

Tina cringed inside at Bette's conclusion and reached for the drivers forearm. "Bette! God NO...I know overly pretentious but in no way is tonight trite...Believe me!" Unconsciously Tina's hand stroked the toned muscled arm. "I'm flattered you went to so much trouble." The movie exec turned in her seat, "Look I know this hasn't been going to plan, but I've enjoyed the company." Tina tried to covey with her eyes the truth of her statement. The 'date' wasn't THAT bad! The lulls in conversation over the last hour and half didn't seem uncomfortable. Bette was a wonderful conversationalist. Extremely intelligent, witty and knowledgeable over a wide spectrum of topics. What was strange to Tina was just how comfortable she was around this woman. Even stuck on Santa Monica Blvd in a endless traffic jam!

Bette found herself drowning in the warm regard as her arm tingle where Tina's hand made contact. A slow smile crept along sensual lips as that strange pull cascaded across Bette's better senses. Intently locking with hazel eyes, giving into the force drawing her closer to the proverbial flame.

Tina locked eyes with the gallery owner to find herself lost on a sea of emotion. Remembering their shared moment weeks ago, and wanting to know? Was it real or some figment of her wild imagination. Smokey brown pools hooded by desire laden eyelids as those tempting lips leaned closer. Everything else faded away. The bushel of West Hollywood, the drone of a Mercedes car engine, even the crashing thoughts raging in her own head. Only warm, supple lips owned this moment and the honey thick air that enveloped them.

Unlike last time Tina was not caught of guard by this kiss. She ventured exploration of the new sensations of soft giving lips as Bette opened her mouth slightly and drew in Tina's bottom lip. Lightly running a wet warm tongue across the tender plain. Tina followed that lead and was rewarded with a half groan, half moan that only sent her seeking more. The loud honk caused both to jump in their seats, but as Bette put the car into drive, Tina's hand curled into hers. Just then the movie exec saw second street.

"Bette lets just park and walk to a restaurant." the hand squeezing Bette's slightly.

"It's going to take a frickin miracle to make a left." but the click of the blinker proved Bette was game and more than ready to get out of the traffic. After several minutes, a car cut into the gap a kind soul was making for Bette to turn. Bette laid on the horn in frustration, "f***king as****h**le! Can you believe that jerk." adding a few more well pressed honks.

"Hold on a second." Tina said then exited the vehicle.

"What Tina?" flabbergasted Bette could merely watch the petite blond direct traffic so she could make the left turn into the CPI Parking lot.

Bette was forced to strand her date in the middle of the boulevard and park. The sleek pant suit clad art gallery owner slipped out of the Benz and watched Tina near prance across the street in a cocktail dress and high heels. The proud as punch smile on Tina's face was priceless as she sauntered across the parking lot dusting off her hands.

"Easy as pie. Sooo what are you in the mood for?" smiling sweetly Tina asked.

Bette had to close her slack jaw, "Well there's a great little..." the look of recognition on Tina's face, "Thai rest..."

"Thai Dishes"

The Thai Dishes restaurant was low key relaxation with good food. Just the place to wind down after a long day at work and a grueling Friday night traffic jam. Clearly several of the commuters thought the same way since the small restaurant was packed. Bette and Tina were wedged into a small table, barely large enough for two dinners near the back of the restaurant. Bette was finding the area cramped and too confining. She scanned the restaurant for someone to express the inadequacies of their table location.

"This is so cozy!" Tina declared with a wide grin as she settled onto the cushions against the wall. "Thai cuisine can be such an intimate affair when done right." She added in-between removing her high heels then neatly tucking her feet under her shimmering mauve cocktail dress. "And how nice of them to squeeze us in, even without reservations."

"Yes" Bette sighed and smiled at her unfazed date, the accommodations indeed were intimate!

Tina watched the gallery owner position herself among the numerous pillows. Bette Porter simply embodied the meaning of grace as impossibly long legs stretched out beside the table, the pantsuit accentuating well defined calves and muscled thighs. The tight quarters placed those legs mere inches from Tina.

"Good Evening and welcome to Thai Dishes. Are either of you familiar with our shared dining experience?" the waiter asked. Both women answered in unison, "Yes" they looked at each other and smiled as the waiter continued. "Wonderful! So what might we be enjoying as appetizers tonight?"

"Dtom yam goong" Bette stated.

"Lemongrass soup with shrimp" Tina stereoed in English.

Again both looked at the other, amused at their similar taste.. The popular Thai soup is one of the more common dishes.

"And for a salad?" The waiter prompted.

"Green papaya..." Tina began

"Som Tum" Bette stated..

"…salad" Tina finished her sentence, looking over at her date, quizzical as again their menu choice matched. Bette raised her dark brow and shrugged with another smile.

"For Entree?"

A pause ensued as the couple eyed each other.

"Massaman curried chicken" Tina stated with a rush.

"Massaman curried... beef" Bette replied with a lopsided smile.

They both laughed as the waiter ignored the tables odd behavior.

"Finally, what might you enjoy as a refreshment?"

Tina chewed the lower lip contemplating, "I find Thai food so hard to pair with a wine.. Don't you?"

Bette glanced up from her bill of fare, "Very true. Tokay Pinot Gris goes well with brown curry, but.." lowering the menu and tsking, "NOT, on this wine list." She unceremoniously hands the card to the waiter, "I'll have a Heineken and a glass of water."

Thrilled with surprise, Tina gave her menu over as well. "I'll have the same," she says, shyly smiling at her companion. The waiter noted their selections, filled their glasses with water then quickly headed to the kitchen.

"So do you eat Thai often?" Tina inquired while leaning in for the glass of water, finding her throat quite parched.

"Not really, I rarely find the time... but I do enjoy the cuisine and how all five flavor notes are expressed with in a dish." Bette replied.

"Oh I thought with the way you ordered?" Tina bemused as she chewed on an ice cube.

Bette chuckled and relaxed back on a cushion, taking in the striking woman, "I dated a Thai woman, once."

"O" Tina mouthed, "you date women then?" She blushed profusely the minute the words had come out of her mouth. Of course she dated women... she'd heard somewhere that Bette was a lesbian. Where had she heard it? Eric? She couldn't remember.. But whoever it was had said Bette was very open about her sexual preference. Did Bette consider this a date? She said she wanted to "get together"... not date? But I'm straight…aren't I? But we kissed... Twice! ….and I liked it!

Bette couldn't help but chuckle as she could clearly see the wheels turning inside the movie exec's mind. "Yes, that's what we lesbian's do. So, have you dated women before?"

Tina laughed, "NO" shaking her head... "This is my first."

"The first?" Bette arched a brow, "Meaning your okay with THIS being a date?"

Tina grinned coyly then looked away gathering her courage to look back, "Yeesss…..I think so…" nervously Tina's hands played with the silverware, "BUT I'm...not...sure about..." Hazel eyes peeked out from long blond bangs imploring her dinner companion.

In that moment, Bette knew... she was a gon'ner. She wanted Tina Kennard all the way to her marrow. "Tina... it's okay." Bette leaned forward, grasping the worrying hands and holding them still. "Really."

Tina took a deep breath and nodded, screaming inside at herself. 'Your being such a Fart-Knocker and get a grip chica!'.

Bette gave Tina one of her most disarming smiles. "Let's just enjoy dinner and get to know each other a little better. How's that sound?"

"Sounds good," Tina said nervously, wondering why the touch of Bette's hands on her own were causing tingles to shoot up her spine. She felt like she should pull her hands away, but she didn't want to…..she was enjoying the feel of Bette's silky skin on her own. What the hell is wrong with me, she wondered. I'm not a lesbian, am I? So why am I feeling this way? I need to move my hands…..I can't. The internal conflict raged as she did her best to present a calm outward demeanor.

The waiter showed up just in time, depositing two Heineken's on the table, along with two glasses. Tina pulled her hand from Bette's, ignored the glass, and took a huge gulp directly from the bottle to calm her nerves. She smiled at Bette with her eyes as the brunette looked at her questioningly. Tina placed the bottle carefully on the table. "I was parched," she said innocently. Bette couldn't help but laugh as she raised her bottle, tipping it toward Tina in salute, "To not being parched then," she said before taking a sip. Tina joined her then sank back against the cushions, staring into the chocolate pools that were studying her carefully.

"You're soup ladies" the waiter interrupted, breaking the connection between the two…and easing the tension.. They shifted position and began partaking of the delicious concoction.

Bette was glad to find herself enjoying the evening. Tina Kennard was truly a refreshing combination of beauty, intelligence and guilelessness. Yet a carefully concealed little rascal would emerge with twinkling hazel eyes. The mischief was contagious and Bette found herself matching the movie exec tit for tat with her own razor sharp wit.

Tina dabbed at the corner of her eyes with her napkin, "Please tell me your kidding!"

Bette's big brown eyes glinted, "Tina Kennard, I never 'kid'" spoken with such staunchness but a sly up-turn of lips foiled the effect. "Yet I have been known to tease mercilessly.." Winking at the blond for even more added effect.

Tina was caught mid-sip as her laughter caused droplets of water to hit her outfit. "Shit!, I'm wet." as she dabbed at her chest with a napkin.

The Art Gallery owner bit her tongue... "Is it anything I can help you with?",the opening was too tempting. Tina looked over at Bette and blushed.

"Oh God" Tina groaned shaking her head in a hand. The sexy chuckle from across the table did nothing for her embarrassment.

"How about I get the check, while you take care of that?" Bette suggested.

The blond excused herself to the ladies room as Bette settled the dinner check. Minutes later a freshly hand air dryer dyed movie exec appeared.

"Ready?" Bette tried to keep her voice light even though she was hating the thought of saying good night. With a nob from Tina they made their way back to the car

The tiny restaurant was filled to capacity and Tina found herself nudging patrons aside to get to the restroom. She breathed a sigh of relief as she leaned against the countertop, staring into the mirror. She absent-mindedly dabbed at the moisture on her dress, mumbling to herself. "What's wrong with you? What are you doing? Why are you…"

A woman came out of the stall behind her and crossed to the sink to wash her hands….Tina barely noticed her…until she spoke.

"Bad date?" the woman asked. Tina's eyes locked hers through. The mirror, wondering where she'd come from.

"Excuse me?" Tina asked, a little perturbed by the interruption. While turning to face the woman

"Oh, I'm sorry," the woman said, looking away, "I just heard you mumbling and thought maybe you were having as bad a date as I am." Tina frowned as the woman continued. "I thought this guy was so cool…..turns out he's just an ass. I'm…" The woman stopped short. " Sorry again…..didn't mean to dump on you." Tina smiled.

"It's okay…..I've had plenty of dates like that."

"And this one?" the woman asked.

"This one?" A huge grin crossed Tina's face as she thought of the time she and Bette had spent together. "Best date I've ever had… think I'll get back to it." She threw the paper towel in the garbage and patted the woman on the shoulder. "Good luck with the ass."

"Thanks."

Tina was looking down, straightening her dress as she exited the restroom. Bette was waiting just outside, wondering what was taking so long. She turned to enter the rest room just as Tina came out…oops. Tina's hands flew up to steady herself and came to rest just above Bette's breasts, as Bette's firmly grasped Tina's waist. They stared into each other's eyes as electricity sparked between them.

The woman that had been in the restroom came out, nearly running into Tina. A smile came to her face as she saw the looks the two women were exchanging. She hated to interrupt them but she couldn't get by, and someone behind the tall brunette seemed to be getting a bit agitated as well. Finally the woman cleared her throat and pushed past Tina as gently as she could. The push brought the two women even closer. Tina blushed, loving the feel of Bette's arms around her. The woman behind Bette was not as gentle as she shoved by the two of them. Bette shot her a wicked look then glanced back at Tina.

"I suppose we should get out of the way. You ready?"

"Ready," Tina answered. Bette released her hold on Tina's waist reluctantly. Taking Tina's hand firmly in her own as she lead the way toward the door. She glanced back, saying,

"I see you're no longer wet," a devilish grin curling her lips before pushing onward.

That's what you think Tina said to herself, blushing once again, glad Bette had turned away.

"Uh…..nope… " she stammered, feeling like a teenager, hoping Bette didn't notice. Bette grinned, relishing the fact that Tina was as affected as she was by their brief encounter.

Once outside they breathed in the cool night air, glad to be away from the crowd. They continued to hold hands as they made their way to the car. Tina was surprised at how natural it felt. Traffic was never clear in L.A., but it was much less congested than when they'd made their way to dinner. Bette found a parking place outside Tina's apartment building, killed the engine and turned toward the blonde woman next to her. Tina was fidgeting with her seatbelt when Bette reached over and undid it for her. Tina smiled shyly.

"Thanks…..Bette? ….. Would you like to come in for a night cap?" She was nervous beyond belief and her voice quivered as she spoke. She had no idea what would happen if Bette said yes, but she knew she didn't want this night to end.

Bette smiled as she took Tina's hand. There was nothing she wanted more, but she wasn't going to rush this. She knew she could easily fall head over heels for this woman. But up until a couple of weeks ago, Tina had never even kissed a woman. Bette didn't want to blow it.

"I'd love to," she said, more than you can imagine, she added to herself, "but, I've got an early day tomorrow. We're showing a new artist at the gallery tomorrow and I've got to get everything arranged."

"Oh," Tina said, disappointed and relieved at the same time…..and a bit embarrassed. Had she mistaken what had happened between them? Was she making a fool of herself? She'd better say good night before she embarrassed herself further. "Another time then….good night." She opened the door and got out.

"Tina, wait…damn." Bette jumped out and met her as she came around the car.

"You didn't let me finish," Bette said, taking Tina's hand. "I wanted to tell you what a wonderful time I had tonight. And I was wondering if you'd like to come to the opening tomorrow?" The cock of Tina's head and the look in her eyes had Bette melting.

"I'd love to come to the opening. What time?" Tina said, probably a bit more enthusiastically than she should have but Tina didn't care…and the smile on Bette's face made it worth it.

"Six? I'll be working so I won't be able to pick you up, but…." The touch of Tina's hand on her cheek silenced her.

"I'll be there."

Bette lay her hand on top of Tina's, turned her head and softly kissed the palm. Her eyes were bright with hope as she moved toward Tina, pulling her gently into her. Their lips met once again and they melted into one another. Tina ran her tongue across the moist lips, groaning as they opened to allow her entry. She explored more deeply as she pulled Bette more tightly against her. At last, gasping for air, she pulled away, the beat of her heart pounding in her ears as she stared into Bette's eyes. She leaned forward, giving her a quick kiss and the turned to go.

"Good night," she called, "See you tomorrow."

Bette stood there, breathless, taking in the sway of gently curved hips as Tina made her way into the building. Oh yeah, she thought, this one's a keeper. She found herself whistling as she got into the car and headed home.

• Downvote 1

So you are a Tibettean?... @pmcomment#.. anyway I've been on this work for years now. There won't be much delays before updates. Very soon I'll post a follow up/ conclusion to this part and a new part. I may do this from my works entirely, I may also include works from other Tibetteans

And do not fret, we'll soon get to that part that 'lubricated' their bond so thick. Those parts that made them pop and made you want more.

• Downvote 1

• 2 months later...