Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

I had a very strange dream last night...

Nmacie

I had just woken to reality(it felt like I've been in some kind of slumber) and found myself looking around my surroundings, I was in a bedroom and I looked up just in time to see the back of a man as he was leaving the room. I went into the sitting room to find two of my sisters and a friend of mine there, they cast uncomfortable glances towards the man I had just followed out of the bedroom,there were two other men in the room. Somehow(I don't know how, you know how dreams can be) I came the realization that I was engaged to the man, my sisters and friend had just come to visit me and the men were friends of my fiance and their arrival saved me from receiving a beating from him for bringing my family to his house. I was still confused, I couldn't remember much from the past, it felt like a nightmare I had just woken from. In my confusion, I couldn't comprehend what the fiance was saying to me and when he raised his hand to beat me, my sister came to my defence and did what he asked. He promptly left the house with his friends and I was left alone with my sisters and my friend. I told them that if he had laid his hands on me, he would come home to an empty. They all gave me a skeptical look and I asked why they were looking at me that way, my friend asked if I'd be able to leave the house now if he had touched me and I was like "Of course, why would I want to be with someone who abuses me?" They glanced at each other and then looked doubtfully back at me, I knew something was up so I asked them what was going on, they told me that I've been living with the man for 2 years and he has always abused me but I still refused to leave him, They were there to rescue me.. I stared at them, I couldn't believe it. I mean, I know me, this is something I've vowed never to let happen to me. Whenever I heard stories of people whose spouses abuse them, I always wondered why they remained in the relationship and endure it. Some people say it's love but I say that's bullshit, how can I still love someone that beats me continuously. There could be a number of things that causes them to stay, in my dream it wasn't love that made me endure it, it was something else. I don't know what it was but something in that bedroom triggered my awakening from the nightmare. I remember a book I read years ago, "Rose Madder" by Stephen King. The book is about a woman that has endured years of physical abuse from her husband but she couldn't leave him because he threatened to find and kill her if she ever does. Her awakening came when she was about to change the bedspread in their bedroom because of a bloodstain in it. Her husband had hit her the previous night and a drop of blood from her nose bleed stained the bedspread when she laid down to sleep. She stared at the blood for a long time, all the while imagining that it might be her dead body on the bed next time. That gave her the motivation she needed and she left him. I woke up before I had the chance to leave the stupid fiance in my dream, I don't even know why I dreamt that. It's a very strange dream and I've been puzzling over it since I woke. Anyway, I hope those that go through physical abuse from their partners find the strength to leave their sorry ass... I do hope I continue from that dream next time I sleep so that I'll do the same, I feel like my waking up before I could do that has a significance.

May be you are so gay and your sisters supports hetero marriages, so your folks are trying to pressure you into marriage. But you have no plans to give in to their pressure which is hard, so you plan to elope?

Dreams are sometimes, not directly attached to anything in our reality. Take yours lightly

On a more serious note,

There is no cognitive state that has been as extensively studied and yet as misunderstood as much as dreaming.

Dreams are like stories and images that our minds create while we sleep. They are full of experiences that have lifelike connections but with vivid and bizarre twists.

There are several hypotheses and concepts as to why we dream. But I'd like to focus on this one : which is how I strictly interpret my dreams

"To consolidate and process information gathered during the day"

So from this speculation above, dreaming Is a unique state of consciousness that incorporates three temporal dimensions: experience of the present, processing of the past, and preparation for the future. It provides a psychological space where overwhelming, contradictory, or highly complex notions can be brought together by the dreaming ego that would normally be unsettling while awake. This process supports the need for psychological balance and equilibrium.

That is, it helps you evaluate a situation critically to arrive at the most suitable decision. Like a re processor.

The real reason I find the dream very strange is because I don't expect nor will I ever expect something like that to ever happen to me. I promised myself that I won't ever let that happen to me, and I tell anybody that care to listen the same thing. I've puzzled enough over it and decided it's one of those strange dreams we have once in a while so I won't put much thought to it again.

I research a lot on abusive relationships. No matter the intensity of such researches, we'll never know what generates the internal motivation that causes mentally healthy people to kill. Jealousy?

I think a good way to manage a relationship with a partner that's prone to physical aggression is to always maintain your calmness. Never argue. This is how the two can work together.

Or you walk away...

It's painful to remember Nicole Brown Simpson like this after many years. She was killed by her jealous ex husband, Oj Simpson in 1994, after many series of physical abuse.

The O.J. Simpson case was about the slayings of two innocent people: Nicole Brown Simpson (his ex wife) and Ron Goldman. I can't imagine two more brutal murders. They

were both killed at the hand of Simpson wielding a knife in an utter state of rage, and they were

defenseless. He slashed the throat of his ex-wife, the mother of

his children, while the children were sleeping, nearly decapitating her. Ron was her lover and was visiting Nicole at her house that night to drop a pair of glasses she had left at the restaurant earlier in the day. Unfortunately, he walked into a murder in progress, he tried to

help, and lost his life trying.

Despite the history of Oj Simpson's abuse and the incriminating evidence against him, he was acquitted and set free.

Years later, after a stint in a psychiatric ward, Nicole's little sister Tanya Brown , now 44, became an advocate for mental health and decided she needed to forgive Simpson to release the pain that was eating her alive.

Ron's younger sister, in contrast, recently wrote a book titled 'Can't Forgive'. She says...

"I reserve the right not to forgive the person who stabbed my brother to death. The loss is still very real, regardless of how many years have passed."

Or Reeva Steenkamp. This one is most recent. There's no way l'll believe Pistorius didn't pull the trigger with an intent to kill.

Pistorius is till this day free on parole.

"I can still taste blood in my

mouth", Cop reveals the chilling death scene (a year later).

We all know the 2011 story of Titi Arowolo, the slain banker who was stabbed more than 76 times by her husband, Kolade before death finally freed her. There were "wounds resulting from the use of “tremendous force” on the chest, heart, lungs, liver, diaphragm, hands, and other parts of the body. “You can actually see through to the inside of the chest wall which had collapsed. A particular stab went through the rib cavity to the heart, the stomach was completely torn open", according to the pathologist who examined her body.

Kolade was sentenced to death.

There's no much story. No one is conditioned to stay in a violent relationship. The end result is painfully torturing to imagine.

Walking away from abusive relationships is always the best. Inspirational speakers and writers always advice that we stay away from toxic people, I feel that if we adhere to this advice, abusive relationships will be greatly reduced because toxic people have a higher tendency to be abusive. BTW, abuse doesn't only have to be physical. A person who speaks condescendingly to you is abusing you, etc.

As to the dream, Ask Google ****smiling ****

• 3 weeks later...

Am bothered about a dream too. Last night I dreamt that a friend, whom I don't know in the real world, betrayed me to a security agent concerning my sexuality. Before then, she was screaming angrily at me about something and she stormed out, I started packing stuff to leave incase she made good her threats when I headed towards the door, the security agent was there with two other officers, I was holding a diary, she received it and opened it ( I was relieved that I had written nothing about my personal life in it, just nuggets about lessons I've learnt in life). Then she asked for my phone, I was holding my torchlight phone , the other one was in my backpack, I thought to tell her that one was dead and charging somewhere but I was scared it may ring, just then my face dropped and I saw I was holding a techno phone, I didn't know whose it was or how I had it so I gave her .... then I woke up.....

Does anyone know what it means??

Update..17 hours ago..

Oscar Pistorius case to be heard by South Africa's Supreme Court of Appeal on Nov. ***, 2015

CAPE TOWN, South Africa – Oscar Pistorius' case will be heard by South Africa's Supreme Court of Appeal on Nov. ***, 2015 when prosecutors will again press for a murder conviction

against the double-amputee athlete.

The Supreme Court announced the date on Tuesday. The court said the appeal by prosecutors against Pistorius' acquittal for murder for killing girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp will be heard by a panel of five judges.

Pistorius was found guilty of a lesser charge of manslaughter for shooting Steenkamp through a toilet door in his home in 2013.

Prosecutors say Judge Thokozile Masipa made errors at Pistorius' murder trial last year and want the Supreme Court to re-examine her verdict.

The Supreme Court could overrule Masipa and find the Olympian guilty of murder, order a new trial, or decide

Masipa was correct.

www.foxnews.com/world/2015/09/22/oscar-pistorius-case-to-be-heard-by-south-africa-supreme-court-appeal-on-nov-***/

• 2 weeks later...

Update..17 hours ago..

Oscar Pistorius case to be heard by South Africa's Supreme Court of Appeal on Nov. ***, 2015

CAPE TOWN, South Africa – Oscar Pistorius' case will be heard by South Africa's Supreme Court of Appeal on Nov. ***, 2015 when prosecutors will again press for a murder conviction

against the double-amputee athlete.

The Supreme Court announced the date on Tuesday. The court said the appeal by prosecutors against Pistorius' acquittal for murder for killing girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp will be heard by a panel of five judges.

Pistorius was found guilty of a lesser charge of manslaughter for shooting Steenkamp through a toilet door in his home in 2013.

Prosecutors say Judge Thokozile Masipa made errors at Pistorius' murder trial last year and want the Supreme Court to re-examine her verdict.

The Supreme Court could overrule Masipa and find the Olympian guilty of murder, order a new trial, or decide

Masipa was correct.

www.foxnews.com/world/2015/09/22/oscar-pistorius-case-to-be-heard-by-south-africa-supreme-court-appeal-on-nov-***/

Is this also a dream?