Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

when the love's gone old

kimi

• Moderators

Hey...

What do you consider a better option when the relationship doesn't feel the same anymore? When the attraction is no more, the love feels 'old' and sex has become a chore.

Are we to continue in it like 'most' heterosexuals (our parents generation most especially.LOL) and confine ourselves to emotional prisons or would a walk be more advisable.

Do share your thoughts...

"My thoughts...

i'm a forever person. I rather cling to an old wine and with permission, get intoxicated with new wine"

Attraction tends to be fleeting and alone won't keep a relationship strong. If you can learn to split infatuation from love where and when necessary then you'll know what to do.

• Moderators

All relationships are not supposed to be the same, they either grow or die.

A pretty face gets old, our body changes, that's life, donuts and gravity.

The love is "old" not dead. I love old love, and watching old couples; its comfortable, content, and always there. Some people think love or romance is Romeo and Juliet, but forget that ended in a tragedy, "old" love is always real, always together and almost always forgiving.

"Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep burning, unquenchable. " - Henry Ward Beecher

Relationship sometimes can become a very tricky situation. It takes a lot of effort on either part to maintain a relationship. intimacy involves more than just sex. Aside that We all need to realize that there are certain things that holds a relationship more than anything, we should try as much as possible to maintain the glue that binds the relationship together outside of the bedroom first and foremost, which to me are acceptance,commitment,friendship,love, trust and most importantly communication. Strong communication is vital in any relationship. Would I stay? yes, if theses things are not lacking.

All relationships are not supposed to be the same, they either grow or die.

A pretty face gets old, our body changes, that's life, donuts and gravity.

The love is "old" not dead. I love old love, and watching old couples; its comfortable, content, and always there. Some people think love or romance is Romeo and Juliet, but forget that ended in a tragedy, "old" love is always real, always together and almost always forgiving.

"Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep burning, unquenchable. " - Henry Ward Beecher

'Old' as used in the post is an euphemism for 'petered out'. You cannot swear to have loved someone and count on 'attraction' as the main motive for staying or leaving.

When love gets old, it only gets better not worse.. In my opinion, when you love someone I doubt if you will ever stop being attracted to them . You can get attracted to people aside them as we can't really help who we get attracted to (this doesn't mean you have to cheat on your partner) but you'd always be attracted to your partner .

When I was with a particular someone, there were times I found her unsexy but I still wanted to kiss her regardless, I still found her very beautiful. Even in the morning, when she tried unsuccessfully to cover her mouth with her hands so that I dont choke on her breath, I'd just laugh, tease her and still kiss her. I spent a long time with her and till we broke up, I never stopped feeling attracted to her . I have this notion that once you love someone they just become beautiful to you in a way that differs from the world's definition of beauty which precedes physical beauty.. I'd like to call it emotional beauty because you might run into such person several years after you have both broken up and feel like she isn't even really all that but she was when you were together and probably still is.

When sex becomes a chore, there are several things that can be done to make it more interesting if you are both willing to . There is google and sex toys, there are several styles that can be tried.. I have realized that when I love someone, everything we do is almost like love making, we don't always have to make love or have sex . Like Abystacy said, there are several things that keeps a relationship alive, love alone won't, even with great sex. Personally, i'll stay because I dont believe in straying to keep a relationship . I feel it's even selfish, it will hurt my relationship than repair it but that's just me . Like they say, one man's meat is another man's poison.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When love gets old, it only gets better not worse.. In my opinion, when you love someone I doubt if you will ever stop being attracted to them . You can get attracted to people aside them as we can't really help who we get attracted to (this doesn't mean you have to cheat on your partner) but you'd always be attracted to your partner .

When I was with a particular someone, there were times I found her unsexy but I still wanted to kiss her regardless, I still found her very beautiful. Even in the morning, when she tried unsuccessfully to cover her mouth with her hands so that I dont choke on her breath, I'd just laugh, tease her and still kiss her. I spent a long time with her and till we broke up, I never stopped feeling attracted to her . I have this notion that once you love someone they just become beautiful to you in a way that differs from the world's definition of beauty which precedes physical beauty.. I'd like to call it emotional beauty because you might run into such person several years after you have both broken up and feel like she isn't even really all that but she was when you were together and probably still is.

When sex becomes a chore, there are several things that can be done to make it more interesting if you are both willing to . There is google and sex toys, there are several styles that can be tried.. I have realized that when I love someone, everything we do is almost like love making, we don't always have to make love or have sex . Like Abystacy said, there are several things that keeps a relationship alive, love alone won't, even with great sex. Personally, i'll stay because I dont believe in straying to keep a relationship . I feel it's even selfish, it will hurt my relationship than repair it but that's just me . Like they say, one man's meat is another man's poison.

U ve got a secret admirer

• Moderators

'Old' as used in the post is an euphemism for 'petered out'. You cannot swear to have loved someone and count on 'attraction' as the main motive for staying or leaving.

Hahahaha. It's no euphemism. I usually write what I mean. Errr.. I do see your point, but love does get 'comfortable'. It's a natural occurrence if you asked me but not reason enough to dispose of the other.

• Moderators

(l didn't question what was meant).

lt's good to hear your assertion, yet, l don't see where we disagree.

No disagreement Iris, nothing like that. No hard feelings either...

*extends hand of friendship* :D ;)

• Moderators

I was misunderstood. By virtue of being here, we're no strangers.

Indeed; never strangers. Too many things against 'us' already. It would make no sense to turn against eachother :)

where is the like button

• Administrators

When love gets old or fails,fall back to friendship. With time, the spark finds it's way back. This is what I find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 9/23/2015 at 1:44 PM, kimi said:

Hey...

What do you consider a better option when the relationship doesn't feel the same anymore? When the attraction is no more, the love feels 'old' and sex has become a chore.

Are we to continue in it like 'most' heterosexuals (our parents generation most especially.LOL) and confine ourselves to emotional prisons or would a walk be more advisable.

Do share your thoughts...

"My thoughts...

i'm a forever person. I rather cling to an old wine and with permission, get intoxicated with new wine"

Get out and explore your options young lady 😀

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Michelle said:

Get out and explore your options young lady 😀

Hahahahahaha... I know right. Lol