Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

How soon is too soon?

kimi

• Moderators

So... you see someone you fancy. She absolutely takes your breath away.

Without coming across as too thirsty/needy, how long should it be before you make your intentions known? Any such thing?

Would you rather a direct or a more indirect approach. Why?

*attempt all questions* :D LOL

• Moderators

Usually I would study her body language, confirm any form of attraction to me -irrespective of how minute. Then perhaps work from there.

The challenge then is when it is a long distance or an online crush. Tough call -I wouldn't know what to do either *covers face* LOL. Hope she makes the move perhaps?! #clueless.

If it's online l observe a lot. Very lot. You may want to call it stalking. And it is. The person never knows, never guesses as the more l like the more l stay away from their posts/comments, updates, profile..everything name it. If l have to talk, it's because l couldn't resist an interesting comment by them not because l want to be known. l'll never flirt cos I don't want to be exposed or found out. This could go on for months, l don't mind, until a clear opportunity presents itself. The road has to be smooth.

But..if they contact me first, then I'm blessed. Simply.

• Moderators

If it's online l observe a lot. Very lot. You may want to call it stalking. And it is. The person never knows, never guesses as the more l like the more l stay away from their posts/comments, updates, profile..everything name it. If l have to talk, it's because l couldn't resist an interesting comment by them not because l want to be known. l'll never flirt cos I don't want to be exposed or found out. This could go on for months, l don't mind, until a clear opportunity presents itself. The road has to be smooth.

But..if they contact me first, then I'm blessed. Simply.

Hahahaha interesting!

I take it that if we were the last people on earth and liked eachother, we'd grow old and perhaps die without saying much.

Perhaps when you find 'that one special person' you'd take 'a chance' without giving it much thought :)

• Moderators

Never l won't. It's just as l've written. But after l must have found them, l mean talked with them for a long while...then it'd be hard to let go.

Hahaha! Okay.

I don't mean to be incessant or intrusive, what happens to allowing yourself 'experience' love -if someone were to be in love with you, how would they know to persist?

I won't push. I respect and appreciate your openness and stance bout it all.

In person I almost immediately say it. That phrase, "I like you" can be as openly friendly and as sexually charged as you want , most times the person will figure out which it is pending on their orientation... However when I meet people who are or i feel are way above me, am tongue tied, if they don't make a move, they will just always live in my thoughts.

Online, as soon as I feel I have broken into them. Like once I don't feel an invisible resistance on their part. Distance though can be a sucker especially when one or both parties hate to travel.

• Administrators

In person or online, I did start up a conversation and see how it goes. I find directness is easier when you have a good conversation going.

I dont do a good job hiding my feelings so if she truly blows my breathe away, I will say something some how.

In person I almost immediately say it. That phrase, "I like you" can be as openly friendly and as sexually charged as you want , most times the person will figure out which it is pending on their orientation... However when I meet people who are or i feel are way above me, am tongue tied, if they don't make a move, they will just always live in my thoughts.

Online, as soon as I feel I have broken into them. Like once I don't feel an invisible resistance on their part. Distance though can be a sucker especially when one or both parties hate to travel.

Breakers

I have had a crush on this girl on twitter for more than 5 years (i started following her in 2009) but I have never said a word to her.

Yep, thats me.

When i realized (more like accepted) how bad i had it, when i realized my love for her had outlived all my relationships, i unfollowed her. And then started going to her timeline like 40 times a day.

Stalker extraordinaire. Yep thats me too.

In reality, i won't say pem. All the green light in the world wont move me. I am the mountain and you are Mohammed. You know what to do.

• Administrators

I have had a crush on this girl on twitter for more than 5 years (i started following her in 2009) but I have never said a word to her.

Yep, thats me.

When i realized (more like accepted) how bad i had it, when i realized my love for her had outlived all my relationships, i unfollowed her. And then started going to her timeline like 40 times a day.

In reality, i won't say pem. All the green light in the world wont move me. I am the mountain and you are Mohammed. You know what to do.

Girl, 5 yrs is a long time. Have you tried sending her a tweet?

@ Hawken 5 years!!!! U a psycho ?

..lol...Anyway if I like u online or not I tell u immediately.. Lol na wa for u o...I don't have time to waste ooo...lol..I tease alot so I keep teasing u...I'm used to being asked out though... Hehehe

• Moderators

..lol...Anyway if I like u online or not I tell u immediately.. Lol na wa for u o...I don't have time to waste ooo...lol..I tease alot so I keep teasing u...I'm used to being asked out though... Hehehe

Hahahaha! There you are! I have caught you *sticks out tongue*

Ehn Ehn, so much for modesty.LOL. No more dates for you oh... I will finish your reputation like you did mine :D ;)

• Moderators

Ehn Ehn, so much for modesty.LOL. No more dates for you oh... I will tarnish your reputation like you did mine :D ;)

• Moderators

Ehn Ehn, so much for modesty.LOL. No more dates for you oh... I will tarnish your reputation like you did mine :D ;)

Ehn Ehn, so much for modesty.LOL. No more dates for you oh... I will tarnish your reputation like you did mine :D/> ;)/>

...hahahahaha...C'mon...u're the bigger person naw..winking..mifled is head over hills for u..d

Haven't u seen her post? He hehehe...hugging u tight so u can't breath a bad word about me..kisses on ur head nose mouth ears neck eyes ...see? U can't breath!!! Yaaayyyy...I'm freeeee!

• Moderators

...hahahahaha...C'mon...u're the bigger person naw..winking..mifled is head over hills for u..d

Haven't u seen her post? He hehehe...hugging u tight so u can't breath a bad word about me..kisses on ur head nose mouth ears neck eyes ...see? U can't breath!!! Yaaayyyy...I'm freeeee!

Hahahaha!

Network is bollocks!! Major frustration.

Not so fast you! *gulps down some spinach smoothie; substitutes self with teddy bear and breaks free* hahahaha

Now i've got you! :D okay okay... I release you. Go forth and be the serial dater that you are ;) *hugs right back*

Sleeky why are you spoiling all my secret toaster moves. You have spilled the beans....anyway there is still room for crisis management. Biko kimi how abt a date :P B)

• Moderators

Sleeky why are you spoiling all my secret toaster moves. You have spilled the beans....anyway there is still room for crisis management. Biko kimi how abt a date :P/> B)/>

Hahahahahaha. You guys are so hilarious!!

Yep, thats me.

Funnnnnnyyyyyyyyyy. Tell you what, stalking is a skill.

Girl, 5 yrs is a long time. Have you tried sending her a tweet?

Nope, i have put her on a pedestal, in my eyes she is perfect. Talking to her might ruin in.

Does that any sense? Do you understand?

Funnnnnnyyyyyyyyyy. Tell you what, stalking is a skill.

I swearrrr! But sometimes you mistakenly rt or favourite one of their tweets and it feels like the world is about to end. Mostly if its an ex.

Lool its nothing. All my crushes are usually long lived. And now that i think of it, i have never dated any of them.