Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

SINGLE PARENTING vs ABUSIVE MARRIAGE...

Abystacy

When I read the nonsense and ingredients people spew on this platform about single mom, I feel pity, just pity for them. The kind of trash some people walk around with believing and justifying with all their being that they are on the right track amazes me.

I cannot forget an incidence I witnessed days back. Dad comes home, argument ensues between mom and dad, dad hits mom, mom breaks down in tears and her Three daughters joined her in crying. The crying bouts from all four haunted me for a very long time and I wished I could take those girls in warm embrace and comfort them.

Did I tell you the eldest is around 6/7 years

Did I also mention they are the most scared set of kids I have ever met my entire lives. They find it difficult relating with other kids. Very withdrawn and a constant hollow look deep down their eye socket.

Ok, back to what I was saying..

When I read people say a lot of unprintable things about women who decide to take a walk on abusive relationship or try to guilt trap them using "religious verses" or worse using the emotional blackmail of urging them to stay because of their children, I get sick

Which children? The ones you are trying to kill by lying to yourself that they need "both" parent figure in their lives or they will be doomed forever.

Such Lie!!

Such Blatant Lie!!

The impact of domestic abuse is

serious and cumulative. Just hearing or witnessing domestic abuse can cause a variety of physical, behavioural and emotional problems for children

and is considered to cause them ’significant harm’. Research shows the emotional and physical health of children improves considerably when they are removed from abuse.

Is it the emotional trauma they face in such environment, is it the psychological damage or the dysfunctional humans they might turn into?.

Is it the constant feeling of fear, helplessness, anxiety, anger, dread, terror?..

Is it the behaviorial abnormalities they show in school studies and people around them?.

Apart from the emotional, physical, social and behavioural damage abuse creates for children, statistics show that domestic violence can also become a learned behaviour. This means that children may grow up to think it is okay to use

violence to get what they want and as adults that it is okay for there to be violence in their relationships.

Its better raising a child in an environment of peace and love and if it takes one person to do so, then it is worth it...

When I read the nonsense and ingredients people spew on this platform about single mom, I feel pity, just pity for them. The kind of trash some people walk around with believing and justifying with all their being that they are on the right track amazes me.

I cannot forget an incidence I witnessed days back. Dad comes home, argument ensues between mom and dad, dad hits mom, mom breaks down in tears and her Three daughters joined her in crying. The crying bouts from all four haunted me for a very long time and I wished I could take those girls in warm embrace and comfort them.

Did I tell you the eldest is around 6/7 years

Did I also mention they are the most scared set of kids I have ever met my entire lives. They find it difficult relating with other kids. Very withdrawn and a constant hollow look deep down their eye socket.

Ok, back to what I was saying..

When I read people say a lot of unprintable things about women who decide to take a walk on abusive relationship or try to guilt trap them using "religious verses" or worse using the emotional blackmail of urging them to stay because of their children, I get sick

Which children? The ones you are trying to kill by lying to yourself that they need "both" parent figure in their lives or they will be doomed forever.

Such Lie!!

Such Blatant Lie!!

The impact of domestic abuse is

serious and cumulative. Just hearing or witnessing domestic abuse can cause a variety of physical, behavioural and emotional problems for children

and is considered to cause them ’significant harm’. Research shows the emotional and physical health of children improves considerably when they are removed from abuse.

Is it the emotional trauma they face in such environment, is it the psychological damage or the dysfunctional humans they might turn into?.

Is it the constant feeling of fear, helplessness, anxiety, anger, dread, terror?..

Is it the behaviorial abnormalities they show in school studies and people around them?.

Apart from the emotional, physical, social and behavioural damage abuse creates for children, statistics show that domestic violence can also become a learned behaviour. This means that children may grow up to think it is okay to use

violence to get what they want and as adults that it is okay for there to be violence in their relationships.

Its better raising a child in an environment of peace and love and if it takes one person to do so, then it is worth it...

Well said.

I have a neighbor who hits his wife like she's a slave. There was a day we had to involve the police, guess what? the police officers came and supported the man, they started giving the lady a lecture on how to please her husband to avoid such situations. that she should respect her husband blah blah blah, I was weak that day. It's sad, the society we live in. where growing up as a lady, you are constantly reminded that you live to please a man. you have to feed him, keep him happy and entertained, be good in bed, expect him to cheat and forgive him when he does, give him babies, dress to impress him, cut off friends to make him secure, the list goes on.

please Say NO to domestic violence, whether physical, emotional, verbal or even financial (lol). not just from men o, even in same sex relationships.

you deserve better

I totally agree with u.

For this same cause,despite my busy schedule i I had to volunteer for an ngo that handles issues ranging from domestic violence,child abuse and what not.

I won't forget one of those days in a hurry,where a lady rushed in crying,she had bruises all over.Just a quick glance @her,i knew I had to take up her case. I told her to calm down and let me take a look @her injuries and also dress 'em to prevent infections.it was while @it that i noticed lotsa scars meaning this isn't d first time her husband be laying his filthy hands on her.

Well...after much,i had to ask why she endures such and her response was she knows her husband loves her and that he's gona change*mind u d beaten has been going on 4 3years,so i wondered when he's gona change*. I was blunt enough to tell her she was silly and dt if she doesn't leave ds this sham of a marriage,she might end up losing her life itself...i thought i had finally spoken some sense in2 her;barely 15mininutes later,her violent husband came,demanding to take his wife home,i had to wade in telling him to come d next day b4 i could even finish what i had in mind d lady told me not to be a home breaker and leave her and her husband alone,dt maybe when I eventually get married id understand. To say i was pissed is saying d least.

My point in all this is...most naive women would rather die in an abusive marriage than leave. Most are so stupid to think it's a norm for their husband to lay hands on them. Some wldnt walk away cos of what d society would say.

LUTH CONSULTANT DIES- The Nation.

THE Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi Araba, was thrown into mourning yesterday, following  the death of a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon, Dr Hestianna Thomas.

Her death was discussed in hushed tone by workers.

The mother of two is believed to be a victim of domestic violence.

Some women described her as a compassionate doctor who helped saved their children’s lives.

The Nation gathered that the late Dr Thomas, whose husband is a Consultant Clinical Pathologist at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, reported for duty three days ago, until she was brought in yesterday to LUTH battered.

A source said: “A close examination of her body revealed a lot of lacerations.

“In fact, I noticed that the head had a deep cut. When other colleagues also saw her, they said there was a deep cut on her skull, because they saw pierced bone.

“Her colleagues, especially the female doctors, were stunned when Dr Thomas was rushed in.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/luth-consultant-dies/

• Moderators

We were all saddened at home by this news yesterday.

"Flee from every 'appearance' of evil". We needn't wait to confirm how evil it is.

Such a waste. After so many years of studying to be a doctor. In my opinion, verbal abuse is enough grounds to seek separation.

For God has not called us to a life of pain or sorrow. His blessings maketh rich.

Ha! this is serious o. What is our country turning into?

Some humans are wild beasts. its crazy that this kinda thing also occurs in same sex relationships.

I met a friend sometime back. His friend enjoyed been beaten up.

she enjoyed it. it turned her own. to me, its disgusting and barbaric.