Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What i want

dequeen

I want to stare at stars tonight n think I cn b free like them. I want to hate love dts associated with pain n send such on exile from earth. i want to be like Rose in titanic to know true and fearless and stupid love even if only for a month. i want to make my life count and each day count.

Today i want to trap a colorful bird in my place and run away, no , fly away with its free spirit. i want to be away from a world that reasons , a world thats ruled by laws, i want to dwell even for a few days in an animalistic world that just follows its heart, a world that realizes that its heart is God and the voice from its heart is the voice of God living in it.

i need a bucket to cry my tears in tonight, i want to cry for everyone that has been hurt, i want to cry for everyone that has known pain but stifled their cry in mock strenght, i want to cry for the hopeless, to cry for the unpriviledged.

When am done crying for the lonely and the heart broken and the poor and the miserable, i want to laugh, i want to laugh so hard my chest hurts, i want to laugh till tears flow down my eyes, i want to laugh till am near out of breath. i want to laugh for myself, for the gift of life, i want to live hard and wild and sweet and lavish!

Bless me universe with the four golden things i have asked for, and then bless me more with freedom, with true friends, with laughter, with joy unbounded, bless me until the world calls me blessed and through me , show the world the life you intended it to live and how astray alot of their religions have led them. i am the lion, i am the eagle and i am the wolf, help me constantly keep these in mind.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

The most beautiful poem... struck a cord in that part of my heart where loves dwells imprisoned and repressed.

I want to love, like you, without remorse or guilt or fear.

I want to laugh that laugh that comes from finding love and allowing it take you on its wings... unencumbered. 

I don't want to cry, the world has enough tears in it already but I won't mind a cry that is bourne out of a passionate expression of love.‎

Thank you for the poem dequeen; a great way to start off the week! Well done.‎

• 2 weeks later...