Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Lesbianism scandal rocks Kogi varsity

FlyJ

• Administrators

Once again, Kogi State University is in the news for unpleasant reasons as lesbian sex videos involving students of the university recently emerged on the campus.

Some of the students involved are those of Economics and English Education departments.

The two students in one of the videos monitored by Vanguard, revealed how deep the culture of lesbianism had infiltrated the female hostels in the school.

One of the students is considering leaving the school to avoid possible stigmatization as the videos had gone viral.

A female student in the Department of Zoology who craved anonymity, told Vanguard that lesbianism was becoming a big issue in the university.

She said young, fresh undergraduates were lured into the immoral club as many of them do not know what was in it before joining the lesbian ring.

“Kogi State University is fast becoming the comfort zone for lesbians. Many Jambites are lured into the ring because they don’t even know what it is all about.

‘’What they do now is to relocate off-campus in order to enjoy the privacy needed for their illicit and immoral act. Once in it, it is so difficult to renounce because lesbians share a lot of gifts to keep victims in it.

‘’The authorities of this school may need to take drastic steps to restore the moral integrity and discipline for which we were known,” she said.

When Vanguard got in contact with one of the lesbians, she said she was lured into lesbianism in her first week on campus by a very wealthy 300 student.

She said she was not aware that their sex escapades were recorded, threatening to quit the university in order to save the integrity of her family.

“My attention was drawn to the video in circulation by one of my friends. When I watched it, I knew that was the end of my stay in this school.

‘’Many of my course mates already have the video, so it will be difficult for me to continue my academic programme because of possible stigmatization. I have brought shame to myself and my family,” she lamented.

Although the school authorities are yet to release an official statement on the scandal, sources close to the authorities said investigations into the issue of lesbianism among the students had commenced.

Source

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hahahahaha! @ lured! Not a laughing matter to be honest but seriously!?! You get caught and now you are a victim?

I blame society! Absolute rubbish!

PS

If this is your story (i.e, if you -girl in the story- are on NL) i'd advice you send Admin an email. We have in-house lawyers and advisors that I'm sure will offer valuable support/advice as to how to handle the situation from this point on.

• Moderators

People need to be more careful though... ! The hostel isn't advisable neither is any form of shared accommodation. I even hear some hotels will call the cops if they get a tip-off or have suspicions about same sex 'friends' lodging in! The risks are real and horrid.

It can always wait...

I beg to differ, lav. There's nothing an LGBTQ lawyer can do in this situation because its not an LGBTQ issue.

This is just a case of college-girls-gone-wild.

Frankly, they give the LGBTQ community a bad name...

Now we have crap being thrown about like "being lured", "victim", "sexcapade" and blah blah.

These girls and types of situations like these are the reason people dont take us seriously. It makes legit lesbians not even want to identify.

You tell people you're gay or lesbian and they look at you like a loose and unserious person. Sheesh...

The "victim", She had better move very far away to a place where there's no internet.

"Lured into the ring". What ring? *confused* drug ring or gambling ring. Sheesh!

Rant over. *at peace*

• Moderators

I beg to differ, lav. There's nothing an LGBTQ lawyer can do in this situation because its not an LGBTQ issue.

Now we have crap being thrown about like "being lured", "victim", "sexcapade" and blah blah.

These girls and types of situations like these are the reason people dont take us seriously. It makes legit lesbians not even want to identify.

You tell people you're gay or lesbian and they look at you like a loose and unserious person. Sheesh...

The "victim", She had better move very far away to a place where there's no internet.

"Lured into the ring". What ring? *confused* drug ring or gambling ring. Sheesh!

Rant over. *at peace*

Hahahahaha! Certainly got on your last nerve.

Hahahahaha! Certainly got on your least nerve.

That obvious huh... I was trying to be subtle in a guns-blazing, castrating, Feminist Lesbian way.

Too much? ;)

• Moderators

That obvious huh... I was trying to be subtle in a guns-blazing, castrating, Feminist Lesbian way.

Too much? ;)/>

Just about enough pal! Hahahaha! Felt the heat from here!

• Moderators

lured..?into lesbianism?...am sure they were acting some lame Naija movie on lesbianism.

so insulting.... so,so infuriating..

Hahahahahahaha o @ lame Naija lesbian movie! LOL!

I do understand her to be honest; it was the easiest 'better-save-face-now' line she could think of

Rant over. *at peace*

1000 likes

Lesbians do eat their own! Wouldn't the primary focus be to strategically keep vying to decriminalize this noble cause so stigma in such situations will be reduced and it wouldn't be seen as criminal?

On the story, these videos does go viral in seconds with or without her leaving the school for family's sake. That is if school authorities doesn't oust her altogether.

This may be another case of maimed future through abandoned education and school dropping.

At a certain point, leaning to family for support seems a better option

Lol but what would she have done or said? She probably said all that to save 'face' for a while and protect herself . Let's all try to be more vigilant .

Please I'm tired of Nigerian newspapers and their clickbaits.

These same stories make the cycle every few months. With no sources and anonymous victims claiming their were lured...

I do know a few years ago there was an unfortunate video leaked but since then they won't let us rest. Slow week on the political cycle ba!

f***ktards...

Trending

The acting Kano State Governor, Hafiz Abubakar, today ordered the shutting down of Hassan Gwarzo College following recent media reports that homosexual acts were widespread at the institution.

The acting governor directed the Private and Voluntary Schools Board to immediately ensure that the order closing the school was implemented.

In addition, Mr. Abubakar disclosed that the state government had appointed a 14-member committee to investigate the allegations that students at the school engaged in homosexual acts. The committee, which is headed by a professor, Abubakar Mustapha, is expected to submit its report within two weeks.

Source: saharanews