Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Halloween Vibes 2

Modd

• Moderators

Meeeeehn! This girl (my guess) is pretty good! My first encounter with an African/Nigerian horror literature and in awed!

• Moderators

Confirmed! It's a 'she'.

Won't mind taking her on a date tonight -perhaps we'll visit one of her favourite places from her stories -half an hour before midnight *evil laugh* :D

I don't like Halloween...no horror movies for me either.

Kimi not gonna kiss those lips of yours again if u go out with such a horrific thing...girl. :wacko:/> :angry:/> :P/>

*flips hair..sways away*

I wish i could read this, i really do. But i suffer from terrible nightmares when i see anything horror related. Its what put me off Nigerian movies at a very young age. All those babalawo and coven scenes, i would have nightmares about them for days. It was terrible *shudders*

• Moderators

I wish i could read this, i really do. But i suffer from terrible nightmares when i see anything horror related. Its what put me off Nigerian movies at a very young age. All those babalawo and coven scenes, i would have nightmares about them for days. It was terrible *shudders*

Hahahahahaha! Awwwwwh! Sowy...

I love horror tales. For me it's always been to discover my limit. Waiting for that movie that would 'really' frighten me.

...the last I remember was the 'fear street' series. Started to get scared of my own shadow!LOL. Thankfully that didn't stop my teenage self from the quest :D

• Moderators

Kimi not gonna kiss those lips of yours again if u go out with such a horrific thing...girl. :wacko: :angry: :P

*flips hair..sways away*

Hahahahaha! Not to worry darl, i'd brush just for you :D I assure you, you won't taste anything grim or see loose flesh hanging limply around my teeth *blows her a kiss* hahahaha

Hahahahahaha! Awwwwwh! Sowy...

I love horror tales. For me it's always been to discover my limit. Waiting for that movie that would 'really' frighten me.

...the last I remember was the 'fear street' series. Started to get scared of my own shadow!LOL. Thankfully that didn't stop my teenage self from the quest :D/>

I dont envy your courage :/

Happy Halloween, girls...

trick_or_treat_wallpaper_by_elconsigliere-d31n44y.jpg

Glad you're enjoying the stories.

Horror is the way forward for any season! What would I do without horror stories? Like Kimi says, it like pushing the limit to what can really freak you out. Hehehe... Normal is boring...

Kimi not gonna kiss those lips of yours again if u go out with such a horrific thing...girl. :wacko:/>/> :angry:/>/> :P/>/>

*flips hair..sways away*

Yeah, sleeky. You put your foot down, gurl! *snapping fingers in front of kimi's face and rough-necking*

:)

• Moderators

Yeah, sleeky. You put your foot down, gurl! *snapping fingers in front of kimi's face and rough-necking*

:)/>

Hahahaha! Was so knackered yesterday, stood her up just for you babe *wink*

Sleeky, let's give the #lovehater the :P

• Moderators

I'm at the salon and it's freezing cold. From my head to my shoulders, I feel the heat (from the dryer) the rest of my body, shivering. Does this qualify as 'holloween blues'?

Hahahahaha! Makes me feel like one of the characters of a horror tale *covers face*

• Moderators

...what's missing would be 2 red bandanas tied at both ankles, a cowrie laced belt and mud covered feet :D hahahahaha

Hawken, those school days, I walked home very late one night. As I passed by an old cemetery - a route I always took to my hostel, I began to have a chill. I'm not usually one to be scared but tonight the spirit of faith had left me, NEPA was acting up and the moon was weak. The night was just pale gray. Stale.

I still had few km's to my hostel so I had to brave it, no choice. I moved wide away from the cemetery and walked on the middle of the road, farthest from the graves. Step by step I was aiming to get past the long cemetery as soon ad possible. I wasn't expecting anything strange though. I didn't believe in ghosts.

Surprisingly, I see a figure in front of me. It was a male. He was 8 meters ahead of me, heading the same direction as I was. I'm glad I have seen a 'second' so I yelled 'hey, wait up'. At this I began jogging up towards him to meet him up. He didn't acknowledge my shouts to wait up. I determined to pursue anyway so I doubled up my steps to cover up the few 8 meters.

Then it was happening. The more I increased my pace, the more the distance remained and the more the man kept walking without turning. I tried severally to catch up, not knowing anything was amiss. 8 meters took forever to meet up. I was sweating but the distance remained. I couldn't cover the distance no matter how hard I tried. Something was wrong

Then my keys fell. As I bent to pick up while aiming to keep my eyes on the stranger walking 8 meters from me, I saw it. He was floating, not walking, no feet. I froze. Not just because of what I had seen but because he stopped walking too. He knew I had seen 'it'. I was mortified, don't know how many times I passed out. I will never remember what happened in those brief seconds. I didn't know what he was going to do.

He disappeared

"Hey", I screamed. I heard a laughter very close to me. Maybe in my heard, but I heard it clearly. ''Hahaha, woman be careful''

I ran.

"Hey" I screamed again and kept screaming while I ran in the opposite direction towards a nearby male hostel "hey, hey, hey". I screamed. I couldn't stop screaming. I looked back and this ghoul had reappeared and was walking back the directIon of the cemetery in the same absent minded, unperturbed, 'on pedestal' way he was walking ahead of me just few minutes ago; like he was performing an exercise. A spiritual exercise. Or a body exercise on a thread mill - yes that's it.

I ran and stumbled and rose and fell again. Then I remembered what they said about falling down when you see a ghost or when you go in the mortuary. So I decided not to 'touch' ground the third time.

I kept running till I got to the nearby male hostel. I screamed aimlessly for over an hour that night till wee morning. I stayed at the male hostel as a crowd gathered about me to hear me scantily recount my tale, still shaken. They were sympathetic.

The next day, my lips were swollen. That's what happens after you've seen a ghost.

Then I knew fear and death has been abolished.

Wow.. Just wow... I can't even imagine that happening to me because dear lord knows i would have been petrified. And that would probably have been the end of my enemy.

When i have nightmares and in the dream i am being chased, i usually play dead if it seems the "person" chasing me is going to catch me. And every single time, do you know how they check to see if my enemy is dead or not? They tickle my enemy or stand above her and stop breathing. I have an intense fear of dead bodies (sorta ironical when you consider the fact that i pretend to be one just to avoid been one) and thats what they are trying to imitate by not breathing and i wake up screaming and sweating in my bed. Or in my mums arms. If i am lucky enough to be at home.

Because of that and some, everybody who grew up in my house went to boarding school except me. I didn't get fancy provisions and visiting days and i felt very cheated. But i am older, i understand now that our parents will always act in our best interests, whether we appreciate it or not. I appreciate it now. I really do.

I will probably not sleep well this night by the way, thanks Calla and Modd :/

If you do it's prolly because you wait till you're very pressed (at midnight) before going to pee. When next you feel like peeing, use the toilet immediately. That should stop the bad dreams.

If you do it's prolly because you wait till you're very pressed (at midnight) before going to pee. When next you feel like peeing, use the toilet immediately. That should stop the bad dreams.

Oh? I usually pee immediately i feel pressed oh.

And yep i still get nightmares but they are now far btw. Atimes i go 2 weeks without getting any.

Wow.. Just wow... I can't even imagine that happening to me because dear lord knows i would have been petrified. And that would probably have been the end of my enemy.

When i have nightmares and in the dream i am being chased, i usually play dead if it seems the "person" chasing me is going to catch me. And every single time, do you know how they check to see if my enemy is dead or not? They tickle my enemy or stand above her and stop breathing. I have an intense fear of dead bodies (sorta ironical when you consider the fact that i pretend to be one just to avoid been one) and thats what they are trying to imitate by not breathing and i wake up screaming and sweating in my bed. Or in my mums arms. If i am lucky enough to be at home.

Because of that and some, everybody who grew up in my house went to boarding school except me. I didn't get fancy provisions and visiting days and i felt very cheated. But i am older, i understand now that our parents will always act in our best interests, whether we appreciate it or not. I appreciate it now. I really do.

I will probably not sleep well this night by the way, thanks Calla and Modd :/

Perhaps when you address issues, you begin to overcome them..

How did you sleep after all? When I found you were serious, I decided to soft pedal. Now halloween is over.

Yesterday in the same spirit, someone told me it got in the news that some Nigerian morgue attendants were found out to sleep with freshly sent it corpses as long as they were 'fresh' and good looking? That one got me worried. So I'll stop with these ghost stories.

Sick bastards.

And yep i dreamt yesterday but not a nightmare per se. It was disturbing though. I dreamt a crowd was passing the body of a distant friend above their heads and when it got to the edge of the crowd, they dropped it and moved on. I watched all this from afar. I couldnt see his face or anything but you know how in dreams you just know shit? Yeah.

PS Dear future gf, just incase you are reading this thread, i am not disturbed oh

Sick bastards.

And yep i dreamt yesterday but not a nightmare per se. It was disturbing though. I dreamt a crowd was passing the body of a distant friend above their heads and when it got to the edge of the crowd, they dropped it and moved on. I watched all this from afar. I couldnt see his face or anything but you know how in dreams you just know shit? Yeah.

PS Dear future gf, just incase you are reading this thread, i am not disturbed oh

Hm, sounds serious. Have you always had nightmare issues or did something happen or change in your life at a point that triggered the nightmares? You should back track so that you can overcome it.

Also think pleasant experience thoughts right before bed. Put the overactive imagination to positive use.

Avoid eating late also, studied have shown that food right before bed late at night injects sugar and makes your brain overactive.

If nightmares persists after one week, consult your doctor.

;)/>/>

Lool i've had night mares for years but its gotten better.

And nope no traumatic experience.

I always think pleasant thoughts before bed...

Hm, sounds serious. Have you always had nightmare issues or did something happen or change in your life at a point that triggered the nightmares? You should back track so that you can overcome it.

Also think pleasant experience thoughts right before bed. Put the overactive imagination to positive use.