Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Born gay?

kimi

• Moderators

This seems like a question that wudda/shudda been thrashed here but my search didn't come up with any content.

Is there any such thing as 'born gay' or are we a result of certain influences that have now 'altered' our sub conscious state (if that makes sense but hopefully you get the point).

You'd probably chew my head off but I think more of the latter.

Do share your thoughts.

#Mondaymusings

You want a specific part of the brain or a gene? I don't know. I'm "gay" and like women. Why? I just do, no one ever said to me you must like women. I just did. Same as someone who is straight... did someone tell them you like the the opposite sex? nope... they just do. What makes ANY of us who we are? What makes us like peas? Or stand a certain way? or prefer chocolate over vanilla? Your asking for a definition of love.... why not ask what is life's purpose instead? Besides Why would somebody choose to be gay? Most get hate for liking the same sex. Why would they choose to make their life harder? I believe you are born gay! If they choose to gay, they will never happy with the same sex as lovers. You can't help who you are attracted to. If your attracted to the same sex you can't help it, if your attracted to the opposite sex you can't help it.

you are either this or that; BI,GAY,STRAIGHT.

You have to be something.

You must be born a certain way.

You can't even choose to be,even if you want to,because you are already what you are.

No hiding place for you Kimi.

We are all what or who we are...

Na God win. :D

• Moderators

Hahahaha! @ Na God win. Don't get me wrong o... I am very gay and I didn't choose it either -not deliberately atleast.

I choose to believe my being who I am is largely experiential. For all we know, we could have all been born 'neutral' :D

Norms, societal and religious influences for some (on the one hand) or 'certain' influences on the other is what has determined our skew. My opinion at least :)

Perhaps, if we had 2 Adams and 4 Eves, who knows... who would have told! The available they say... *wink* LOL :D

Some are born gay and some are influenced.

not everyone is born bisexual or gay, your environment can play a role and other factors can also influence your sexuality.

btw I wasn't influenced.

• Moderators

I think we are born gay, circumstances just reveal us to ourselves.

Only a fool would choose this lifestyle in Nigeria anyway.

Hmmm... @ circumstances. Sounds tenable. This issue for me is #foreveramystery

Hm. Interesting...

I don't know about being born gay or not being born gay. But if we say that people are "born gay", it would imply that there is some sort of a physical evidence that would be present in a person for them to be characterized as gay. Hence the struggle those scientists go through looking for something. But I doubt they would find any physical evidence that cannot be refutted. Cos frankly, I'm of the opinion that there is nothing to find.

We just are gay...

What physical evidence can you use to explain that you love chicken more than meat etc.

You just do.

There's no football-gene or art-gene so the struggle to find a "gay-gene" or "gay-brain shape" is beyond me.

So as far as being "born this way": I was born with an innate ability for art, an affinity for the colour red. I love sarcasm. I'm passionate about traveling, women, sex with women and a bunch of other stuff.

That's just me...

Socioeconomic factors and life experiences can either suppress or enforce these innate traits. They don't CREATE them ...

Ok, enough serious talk. Role playing on my mind. I'm thinking Dirty Queen Elsa... ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ladies ladies, please take this outside! :D/> *runs away in haste in her clogs*

Lol i keep saying that i have a key to a room in Sheraton but they never take my offer..

@Modd, Brilliant! Simply Brilliant!

By the way, I see that sarcasm in your display picture. Cool.

Thank you, thank you, miss. "Taking an exaggerated bow, ass in the air*