Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Let's talk about yusra Muhammed sanusi vs Linda Ikeji and linda ikejis followers.

acemex

For those that r just checking in. Couple days ago, Linda Ikeji put up a picture of Sanusi's daugther (yusra) on her blog n paid her a compliment (called her stunning).

Nigerians however being nigerians, insulted her... some even went the Xtra mile backlashing her dad and his marriage to a 19yrl.

The girl responded to linda, stating that she was flattered however offended by lindas unconsented action. Apperently the picture was curled from her twitter account without her knowledge, and Linda's 'stunning' comment, made her (yusra)

uncomfortable (something along that line) - considering her strict religious stands.

She also politely asked linda to remove her pics from her blog.

She then came at the lib readers who had something to say about her dads marital affairs and mentioned that these readers needed an "educated response". And yes,she made some valid point I cannot re-write on here.

Neways linda posted her response (yusra request) along with her picture. The topic got lit and caused over 500 (and counting) nigerians calling her all kinda things. Cursing at her and her family etc. Some even threatened to Jerk off on her pic.

My opinion:

My twitter account is my twitter account. Not everyone wants to be thrown on a media platform especially when u cannot control what ppl gotta say about u. On my personal twitter however, I can block out those ppl.

Not everyone wants to be a hot topic on someone's blog cause some of us adhere to strict religious norm hence makes one perceive unnecessary public attention as vain/worldly. On that note, she mentioned that she'd rather not be refered to as 'stunning' because it's whats on the inside that matters. Her opinion - one I can respect.

She stood up for her dad by addressing libers that her father's bride is an adult and her dad has the right as muslim to marry her even though shes older than the said bride.. (Last I checked, nigeria is multi religious country whereby an 18yrl old is constitutionally considered as an adult)

Similar Story: Couple months ago, Linda took a gurl's absentee wedding ceremony pictures from her Facebook page and had her readers tear the poor girl apart with all kinda ugliness.

The groom could not make it to the wedding due to whatever reason so instead, they had a portrait of him at the ceremony. (The bride eventually joined her groom in south africa tho linda never posted that part of the story lol) the gurl lashed back at linda and consequently tho unjustified, linda threw her to wolves for a bonus round. It was almost tragic.

When did it become okay to use ones social platform to ruin anothers reputation for no apperent reason? Why make random citizens going about thier random life victims of cyber bullying just to pull traffic? Is it because most of them cannot afford to fight back? Or cause they r scared of getting swallowed by Linda's insensitive followers?

Linda always talks about empowering women but most of the ppl she embarrasses on her blog are r younger women. Ones who r decades younger than she is. Infact she has embarrassed more women than she's helped. It seem pretty f***ked up to me.

The Internet is forever and no girl (for example) wants to kickstart her marital life in mockery n jest. That wedding was suppose to be one of the gurls' happiest moment but no-thanks to linda, it became something else.

Moving on

We all know how unruly nigerians can be. Its also fair to keep in mind that Sanusi is the public figure, not his daugther - and by such consideration, she's got the right to object being exposed on social media and that shouldn't warrant any harsh consequence. We are all people, we are entitled to our privacy.

My point? Linda ikeji has officially become a social network bully who uses her blog and followers as a weapon against all who "crosses" her. My opinion

I come from a big family and we all have diverse religion cause our parents simply didn't give a shit abt what faith we choose.

I'm an atheist, but will never tell my jehovas witness' sister "happy birthday" simply cause I know she could catch a feeling that could result in a misunderstanding. Catch my drift?

Nigeria is a multicultural/multireligious country therefore certain norms apply when dealing with people - especially ones with high moral standard n strict religious beliefs. Its not always easy but it's a common cue that we should all learn to respect each other for the sake of peace. God save Nigeria.

Pls yall go read the story/comments on linda ikejis blog to get the full gist. Last time I posted a link on here it said 'plugin unsupported' not sure if it's my phone or its againt the rules on here. So many rules on here lawd. Na small small we go dey learn them sha. Yall have a Blessed night.

Btw Flyj, I'm ur newest fan!;)/>/>

Hmmmm.

From the above,one would wonder if uv got a personal vendetta with linda.

Let me correct a notion dear,your twitter isn't literally "yours" cos asides having a password and posting status(that's if hackers don't get 2u 1st sef),you can't stop nor control people from airing their views on ur thread and yea! Uv got d power to block them lk earlier stated bt letme put this straight,once uv posted a pix,in that moment it ceases to be yours and any follower of yours can choose to do whatsoever they choose with it! Though wrong bt that's what we get for putting our biz out there...tryna relate this to yusra *hope y'all get d drift*

Now going back to yusra proper,IMHO,she had no right to tell linda to take down her pix and @mecca if you call that asking politely then i must say u need to take a lesson or two in sarcasm.

Linda has no control concerning what her followers type and they in no way reflects her view. Same way u made mention bout blocking those who has got something negative to say on your twitter thread,same way yusra wouldav ignored cos after all no1 forced her to visit lindas blog.

Lib is a gossip site and if not for a thing or two she writes bout people,you yourself wouldn't have gone there in the 1st place not to talk of seeing d yusra post.

Truth is i read all what she wrote and by she i mean yusra albeit i agree on some but d rest were just hogwash for example,she sounded like she felt insulted linda called her stunning*lool* and bla bla bla bout her not knowing a person personally and what she wrote on there,wld she had preferred linda called her ugly?

In asmuch as it's her opinion and we must respect it bt then again one gets to wonder if it's just linda or if she'd have sent such an epistle to every blogger who puts up her pix or has a thing or two 2say bout her

@mecca u made mention of linda being a bully c'mon now!!! You acting like linda goes thru the phones of those she post about and extract information be it personal or otherwise.May i remind you what ever she post*asides exclusives* mustav been on the net or on other blogs or whatever social media handle there is. Those people in question *most of them @least* do infact want people to talk bout them and thus putting their personal live out there.

Lib is a gossip site and its her job in asmuch as it might sit well wv some and wldnt wv others but how on earth is she supposed to get her gossips? Gossips you and i enjoy reading cos they kinda keep us in tune wv happenings

I read both post and i saw no wrong in what linda did,not like she said anything negative bout her...and yes her followers did bt who's to be blamed? Definitely not linda. U can't blame her for each comment a m'f***ker makes cos he/she decided to come spew trash

As for the said girl wv bobos potrait...lib wasn't the first to have carried it,it was on facebook.

Ps~ i may have derailed a bit or naah,do 4give ,blame it on ds damn caffeine iv been taking all 9t :wacko:

At savvy...pls haba? Yes most ppl want some form of popularity...n there are some who don't. Rare personality but still very much valid n should be respected. Its like a good-looking rapist telling his victim "you know u wanted it, ure lucky u got it,most gurls would kill for this d**ck"

About her manners:

I still belive she was polite (atleast enough for her age)it just so happens that u cant really understand ones emotion over a text...the readers mind almost always leans towards the negative especially when the subject is beyond our stats - We feel our pride is being trampled on.

Naija mentality:

Nigerians more often than not, display some kinda inferiority complex attidude n r quick to get very emotional over small matters. I use to turn up like that. Thank God for therapy.

Its also a comon trait amongst most nigerian to always find a vain reason behind everything. Even if it makes sense.we just like to find a reason to see the cup half empty than half full...an at the slightest opportunity, unleash our venom on ppl.

Eg.

A celeb says one thing...we say he/she is seeking cheap publicity

A comon person speaks thier mind on a topic, we say he's hating...probably because he don't get money like the person he's talking about...it goes on and on. I really wish we could take time to reason n think the message through. Or like me having a personal vendetta against linda like u said lol.I don't know her personally I'll like to tho and imma still tap that ass if she's game lol haha kidding.

But Seriously tho, Can't it just be that I don't like bullies? Or That celeb was speaking from experience or that common person made a valid point? Besides this isn't lindas first rodeo. So it's crunch time someone says something. Least rant abt it.

About yusra visiting linda blog:

If Yusra hadn't gone on linda ikejis blog,someone would have told her anyways, so finding out one way or the other was inevitable.

I personally feel that ppls beef with her got loads to do with her dads marriage coupled with her royal stats. So there was no way around seeing everything she said as "condescending". A comon celeb like Yvonne nelson probably would have gotten away with it.

Abt twiter:

Ur twitter account is still urs...so long as it's urs to control (till u break the rules ofcourse). Once u on a blog...ppls opinions are the bloggers' and she can select n reject comments as she pleases. No coincidence that most comments where in favour of linda. But we never know sha?.

Yes it's a gossip site. ..but we gotta make reservations sometime. Ive being following linda for years n anyone who follows often will know she manipulates her readers into lashing ppl. From lashing ibadan people, to celebrities she provocked down to the poor gurl who had a wedding.

Its nothing personal to say a person is a bully irrespective of thier position. We've all gt jobs to do and sometimes we compromise for the sake of peace...that issue could have gone down a lot smoother if linda wanted it to. She's a person first blogger second...and u don't disregard ur humanity cause a young girl (now two) supposedly crossed u. She could have handled it alot better...atleast control some the dispecable comments.

if you want to live a private life, avoid social media. you can't put a pix on twitter and expect it to be private, some dudes can even steal your pix and use it to scam people without your knowledge.

As for linda, she's just doing her job. And she's doing it well, I absolutely love her.

Oh Mecca, where have you been? I like the way you write.

I don't believe linda is manipulative sha. Sometimes shes insensitive for bants and laughs but thats how she makes her money. I doubt she means any harm.

And even if Linda is a bully, she is human. She is allowed a flaw or two.

Comments. You really do not expect her to go through all of them do you? Because she gets thousands of those. Btw thats why she has a disclaimer up. Those views are not hers.

By the way, the Sanusi girl could have totally ignored it. Its not like Linda insulted her or something. Common sense dictates that you dont reply to everything that is said about you.

I don't like Linda at all. Don't like her blog seriously. I get email notifications that go "popular in your network: Linda ikeji's blog and bla, l delete with my fastest finger. But you've made valid points hawken.

So what yall are saying is that linda can take my pics from my (let's say) instagram account (where I can control them negetives comments by the way), Throw it on her blog, and I cannot protest? Instead I have to leave social media for her? Haba na ladies. Thats not a good ultimatum o...

that kinda condition should be reserved for the celebrities not ordinary ppl who just tring to share thier pics with ppl in thier network. Yes pictures can be copied for scam...but doesn't that mean that the scammer (if caught) stand the face the law? And can he say stuff like "if she didn't want me to use her pic, she should leave social media"? Comon yall.

Well sha, make una sit back...shell do it again, and this time to the wrong person. Someone who got the resources to fight bk.

I feel that the biggest struggle we face as nigerians is that we do not know nor exhibit our rights as citizens. Key reason our leaders walk all over us.

When the anti gay bill was signed n ppl protested on lib, most of the comment I saw was "if yall dont like it leave nigeria, go to america"

I love her blog...just that she gets over herself n does things she belives she can get away with cause just cause nigerians often approach situations with a "that's how it is" attitude.

Yall just keep in mind that injustice anywhere, becomes a threat to justice everywhere.(I didn't make that up)

Thanks for yalls opinion tho. Much appreciated! Bless!

• 2 weeks later...

1. First off, I judge people who read/like Linda Ikeji. Get a life...

2. secondly: Just because something is on social media doesn't mean you have lost the right to it or that another person suddenly acquires the copyright ot use it as they see fit

***. Linda is a not just a gossip but a bully. She knows exactly what is going to happen when she uploads stuff. I mean, she has been doing this for 5years+

I don't buy that excuse of she can't read all. Someone who is raking in above 5m monthly should be able to have a community manager or 2. But she doesn't cos she knows the vile comments is what makes her blog stand out (trolls know they can say anything there for laughs and get away with it). Putting up a disclaimer does not a decent person make

4. Saying if people want privacy they should avoid social media is wrong on so many levels. Even the terms and conditions of twitter/facebook/instagram acknowledge that you still own rights to your posts and pictures. Can anyone just squeeze your breast just cos you left your house? No. That's cos it might be public space but you are still a private person with rights over your body. We must remember that online spaces are just an extension of the physical space...

5. It is all fun and games till LIB has your picture either outing you or something just as nasty...that's when you'll understand