Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community Ă—
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

KIM BURRELL verbally attacks 'LGBT' persons, and few days to her huge appearance on the Ellen show

Calllaris

A video has emerged of gospel singer Kim Burrell attacking LGBT people as “perverts” and sinners, just days before she is scheduled to appear on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to perform “I See Victory” with Pharrell Williams.

The video, published December 30 (6, days to the Ellen show) on YouTube, shows Burrell preaching a sermon against homosexuality. “Anyone filled with the homosexual spirit, beg God to free you… That perverted homosexual spirit, and the spirit of delusion and confusion, it has deceived many men and women,” she yells in the video.

“You as a man, you open your mouth and take a man’s penis in your face, you are perverted. You are a woman and will shake your face in another woman’s breast, you are perverted. And it has come into our church and embarrassed the kingdom of God.”

Burrell also said that Bishop Eddie Long, who is rumored to be suffering from HIV or AIDs, was an “embarrassment to the church” because of his alleged illness, suggesting it was related to homosexual activity.

The gospel singer, who founded her own church in 2010, received cheers from congregants as she made the remarks.

However, after the footage circulated online and Burrell was roundly criticized for her comments, shebroadcast on Facebook Live to clarify and defend her sentiments. “I care about God’s creation and every person from the LGBT and anything else, any other kind of thing that is supporting gay,” she said. “I never said LGBT last night. I said S-I-N and whatever falls in the sin was preached.”

Burrell, however, insisted an “enemy” was responsible for framing her speech in a negative light. “To every person who is dealing with the homosexual spirit, I love you because God loves you,” she said. “But God hates the sin.” The star further insisted that she doesn’t “discriminate,” and would not “backtrack” on her thoughts or “take it back.”

In a second Facebook Live broadcast, Burrell argued that people “want to be mad” and “want to believe I came against the gays.” She contended, “I was addressing church people. See how misconstrued you got it?” And the performer called it “demonic” that, in her view, her words are being misinterpreted as a dig against the entire homosexual community.

“I never said God was killing gays in 2017. I said people who operate with that spirit in the church, with deception and attached themselves, are going to have to face the master. That’s what I said, and death is attached to their behavior,” Burrell continued. “If that’s you, okay. But I never said LGBT, gays are going to die in 2017. Y’all stop that.”

She then complained that while fans are now saying “I supported you,” their support never led to a Grammy or million records sold. Burrell has made a number of appearances with Pharrell recently, including on “The Tonight Show,” to perform their collaboration, “I See A Victory,” from the Hidden Figures soundtrack.

Pharrell Williams

Who ought to appear alongside her on national television, on the 5th of January seems right now distancing himself from Burrell. He never mentioned Burrell by name but his Instagram message was an obvious reference to the controversy over the video.

“I condemn hate speech of any kind,” wrote Williams. “There is no room in this world for any kind of prejudice. My greatest hope is for inclusion and love for all humanity in 2017 and beyond.”

“For those asking, Kim Burrell will not be appearing on my show.”-, "Ellen Degeneres

And she didn't appear today

How did she know that the woman shakes her face in another woman's breast??

Was she told or she saw this somewhere?

People would always look for ways to "look" better than others. So the easiest way is to use Religion.

Lately, I have learnt to let go of a belief... Measuring God through/by any man/woman. Saying all that doesbt make her even close to God or the mind of God. He is more perfect than all that.

How did she know that the woman shakes her face in another woman's breast??

Was she told or she saw this somewhere?

People would always look for ways to "look" better than others. So the easiest way is to use Religion.

Lately, I have learnt to let go of a belief... Measuring God through/by any man/woman. Saying all that doesbt make her even close to God or the mind of God. He is more perfect than all that.

Logical question there, how could she ever know?