Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Would you date a trans woman who identifies as a lesbian?

dreamgal

A Transgender is a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex.

A trans woman is a female who is assigned male at birth.

So my question is, would you date a trans woman (who is yet to transition fully) ? So she dresses up like a girl, behaves like one, feels like one, believes she's one but she still has a d**ck. Would you date a trans woman that identifies as a lesbian?

• Moderators

A very sensitive question there... not sure how to respond and so I would sit this one out.

• Administrators

No, I wouldn't date a trans woman who identifies as a lesbian.

Reason - Even though she dresses and behaves like a woman, he or she still has a d**ck.

That aside, I am not attracted to trans women.

Basically a she male on steroids! Because she hasn't transitioned.mind games are hard, and I'm not really a believer of because I feel like 'something',therefore u are that thing. She's a man , as a bi woman I want a man,sometimes ! But as a Lesbian, hellNo!!I think trans women who are transitioning already deal with so many emotional setbacks the y don't need to complicate it with love, till they are ready ready!

This topic reminds me of a character on NewYork Girls TV.awesome web series by the way, check it out

NYGTV SEASON 1:

Being friends with a trans woman, I have learned few important details...

Hormones are hard and expensive. You need to take it every day of your life.

Bottom surgery is complicated to say the least. You need to find the right country, right doctor, right health plan and even then, sometimes you get an appointment in TWO YEARS because the doctors have so many other surgeries lined up. It takes a team!!! And I don't even want to mention the money. Sigh.

I don't think I would blame someone for their inability to get the surgery that they want/need. If I was interested in them, I would date them regardless of their sexual organ. Every couple negotiates what sex is (gay men who don't have anal sex, lesbian women who have penetrative sex, straight women who peg their men) and I guess it would have to be the same for a trans women pre-op.

So when it comes down to it, would date a trans woman pre/post surgery? Yes. My friend is unbelievably hot and 70% of the time, someone would have to tell you she wasn't born female

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

yes of course.  I believe trans woman are woman too, despite their genitalia. So I'd go for it, only if I'm emotional attached to them/ they.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, dreamgal said:

A Transgender is a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex.

A trans woman is a female who is assigned male at birth.

So my question is, would you date a trans woman (who is yet to transition fully) ? So she dresses up like a girl, behaves like one, feels like one, believes she's one but she still has a d**ck. Would you date a trans woman that identifies as a lesbian?

No, but I enjoy flirting with them.