Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Feel awkward/developed cold feet toasting a girl?

Mimy

At the ATM today, I met this very preety lady and I was tripping already but I didn't know how to go about it. I tried to be chatty with her but she was absent minded and seemed too engrossed with her phone. That was how I watched her collect her money from the ATM and walked away. One mind telling me to follow her, another one telling me WTF are you gonna say to her. What if she act out, what if she act rude, what if she's straight...what if, what if, what if...mehn that was how I watched her slipped away o with a heavy heart o. O ye good people of NL, please helep a sister with some chiking tips.

• Moderators

After careful deliberation...

Verdict: You did the wise thing:597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1: lol

Or was there anything extra that tipped you off about her possibly being gay?

With these things, there isn't a one-size fit all approach. I tend to always go with my gut feeling. I will advise same... chase if you feel strongly about it after looking out for the necessary cues, otherwise, count your losses o... lol

...but of course I typically like to play it safe. Others may have a different opinion. 

Chai it's paniful o. If I'd get all the girls I've liked eh I'd been wearing mama for the girls hat by now. Lol

5 hours ago, kimi said:

was there anything extra that tipped you off about her possibly being gay?

No. There wasn't any possible cues really. Finding girls who love girls here is as difficult as finding water in a desert. Since everyone is closeted, it's difficult identifying one. 

• Haha 1

@ kimi, she must not be gay to reply or hold a conversation with her,(referring to the other girl here) Gay or not, people should be nice to one another. 

For someone who chose to be more interested with whatever the hell they were doing rather than talk with a  totally stranger who had taking up her own time to make conversation isn't worth the chase, or feel bad  that you had lost something.

Persons like that can be  highly insensitive, and are prone to be non- responsive ( you'd  be the one to do all the work) when you finally get to be involved with them. So you should  be thankful sef, because in spite of those "pretty face"  she lacked qualities that would have complement them.  But then again, perhaps she was having a bad day, or wasn't in the chatty mood. either ways blame it on the phone. But I think next time, you see someone you like, forfeit all odds and tell them, what's the  worst that can happen? They'd say No. and that's okay.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Next time you see someone you like, start by paying her a compliment..that works for me everytime, even though I end up backing out most of the time. 

Compliment her hair, her shoes/sandals, her perfume, even her clothes..

That way, you'd get her to loosen up and warm up to you. If she gives you a killer smile when you compliment her, you go in for the kill. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Next time you see someone you like, start by paying her a compliment..that works for me everytime, even though I end up backing out most of the time. 

Compliment her hair, her shoes/sandals, her perfume, even her clothes..

That way, you'd get her to loosen up and warm up to you. If she gives you a killer smile when you compliment her, you go in for the kill. 

Oshey thanks for this tip :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

1 hour ago, Suavity said:

You need to sharpen your gaydar mehn mine will soon reach 80% hehehehe

This gaydar thing, how does it work? biko helep a sister.

Hmmmm.... Its all about having confidence and dont try to hard, always relax.... Gay or not.

The easiest way i fink is to compliment her with a smile, like her hair, outfit, shoes, watch, etc....  The way she react to d compliment will determine if u shld go further or not.

I find it very easy to approach a lady, esp when there is something abt her that i like watch, footwear, outfit, smile etc

Always relax, no biggy..... 

I once met a lady at ICM, we both on d cue to get food.... Chai her voice made me turn oo n immdtly i told her , she got a lovely voice dt she shld try going for a talk show or Radio talk (OAP)  She smiled. Eventually we ended up having lunch together n we still cool friends.

It was easy to interact with her cus she is a cool person, when i complimented her, she didnt blow a fuse abt it  n dt got me more relax.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Confidence!! That's all.

Instead of cold feet, I get hot feet when I meet cool girls. 

There is no girl I cannot toast( wait! Which one be toast sef? Na bread?)

I mean there is no girl I cannot flirt with, worse worse she gets irritated and curses me, and I move on to the next girl available sharp sharp. I cannot die on top Cray fish when better crocker fish dey inside sea ..

#flys fence.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, vina said:

I cannot die on top Cray fish when better crocker fish dey inside sea ..

#flys fence.

Hahaahahahahaha. Jokes lol. Smh

20 hours ago, vina said:

Confidence!! That's all.

Instead of cold feet, I get hot feet when I meet cool girls. 

There is no girl I cannot toast( wait! Which one be toast sef? Na bread?)

I mean there is no girl I cannot flirt with, worse worse she gets irritated and curses me, and I move on to the next girl available sharp sharp. I cannot die on top Cray fish when better crocker fish dey inside sea ..

#flys fence.

Bad shild:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1: