Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Are you a Rebound girl?

Txunamy

Okay guys..

So, you just came out of a long term relationship that left you heartbroken of course..how long would it take you to get into another?

Are you of the school of thought that says"the best way to get over someone is to get under someone"? Do you jump right into another relationship knowing fully well that the person is just a rebound?

Ever been someone's rebound?

I once met someone that told me she just got out of a relationship 3weeks prior to knowing me.5 days into communication between us, babe was all over me.she could call me like 5times daily, always chatting me up and all that stuff.one week later, babe was singing a Love song.then it dawned on me..I was the REBOUND! No way you'd love someone that fast when you just came out of a relationship.she was just using me to get over her Ex and it sucked.I picked my running shoes and ran!

Ladies, Will you date someone who just came out of a relationship? Do you care about being someone's rebound or not?

• Like 1

It would take some time for me to move on to someone else. I could be having flings tho but never anything serious for a while.

I wouldn't know if I've been a rebound to someone tho but if I was, trust me I wasn't aware. 

3 hours ago, vina said:

It would take some time for me to move on to someone else. I could be having flings tho but never anything serious for a while.

I wouldn't know if I've been a rebound to someone tho but if I was, trust me I wasn't aware. 

Lol..that's cool though..

Being a rebound girl is not a good place to be in.

• Moderators

When I was much younger, yes I had a rebound who I later came to feel something strong for.

Now, I wouldn't do that to another... I'm careful not to. I listen to my heart, emotions and my body and would only commit to a relationship when every part of me is absoluty ready. 

I’m a shy person so i don’t go approaching people and because of that i got me a toy ( a flesh light). So whenever I’m booless it don’t mean i don’t get to feel ‘alright’. 

Fammm if the konji dey ehn i’ll allow her use me. Shey na only use? Small ‘use’ nayin i go shout? No be only rebound. Laslas na she go catch feelings. Her daddy! She dey mahdt gan! See ehn I’m Shouting! 

I think I'm a rebound but its going very smoothly and great so I got no complaints.

Personally I don't do rebounds or flings after a relationship. I give myself time to get over people.

The best thing to do after a heartbreak is just to give yourself time to heal ...I don't understand how people just move on so quickly to someone else.

i've never been anyone's rebound girl tho ...and I don't think I can do that to anyone 

• Upvote 1

One sweet thing about rebound is if there is No  commitment No attachment No feelings... Rebound = Flings

Just fun.... That way no1 gets hurt...

But if there is commitment n all den someone definitely will get hurt

V never been n i cant do that to someone else ...

16 hours ago, kimi said:

Now, I wouldn't do that to another... I'm careful not to. I listen to my heart, emotions and my body and would only commit to a relationship when every part of me is absoluty ready. 

Way to go!

8 hours ago, Hawken said:

I think I'm a rebound but its going very smoothly and great so I got no complaints.

Personally I don't do rebounds or flings after a relationship. I give myself time to get over people.

Lol..@ 'i think I'm a rebound'..

Oh well..

3 hours ago, Matty said:

One sweet thing about rebound is if there is No  commitment No attachment No feelings... Rebound = Flings

Just fun.... That way no1 gets hurt...

But if there is commitment n all den someone definitely will get hurt

V never been n i cant do that to someone else ...

Nice:597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

3 hours ago, Phegore said:

The best thing to do after a heartbreak is just to give yourself time to heal ...I don't understand how people just move on so quickly to someone else.

i've never been anyone's rebound girl tho ...and I don't think I can do that to anyone 

Exactly..

Its just that for some people they can't heal all on their own.they need someone to make them get over the pain of heartbreak..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Farida said:

I’m a shy person so i don’t go approaching people and because of that i got me a toy ( a flesh light). So whenever I’m booless it don’t mean i don’t get to feel ‘alright’. 

Fammm if the konji dey ehn i’ll allow her use me. Shey na only use? Small ‘use’ nayin i go shout? No be only rebound. Laslas na she go catch feelings. Her daddy! She dey mahdt gan! See ehn I’m Shouting! 

Lmao!

Well, that's another angle to it.

16 hours ago, Teewhy said:

I don't even know what to say. Well, I have never been a rebound and I cannot make another person my rebound girl. 

Good geh.

• 1 year later...
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:23 AM, Txunamy said:

Exactly..

Its just that for some people they can't heal all on their own.they need someone to make them get over the pain of heartbreak..

Are you one of those people?

• 2 weeks later...

Rebound or not.

I think is good to let people heal properly before you get involve with them. No matter how much you feel you like her let her be if not you may end up feeling like a psycho.

No matter how hard you try to please her she reads wrong meaning to it.

She will always compare you to her ex.

She will act too hard when she is not suppose to because she will be over protective of herself. 

You can imagine someone being with you for the first time and you consciously did the best you could to make her happy and she did confess to you that  this is one of the best moment she has really been happy in a long while but only at the end of her two weeks stay, she says to you that she felt hurt almost every single day.

OMG!😯

Is better to let her be and save yourself from all the psychological shit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, MENA said:

No matter how much you feel you like her let her be if not you may end up feeling like a psycho.

Hahahahahaha. I've missed you on here! Very apt response.

33 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahahahahaha. I've missed you on here! Very apt response.

My Holiness, am loyal ma😁

May be Is because of the too much food this period that made laziness catch up with me. Even to be useful to my own self, no way. 

I don't know why this festive period there was no " No thank you to food" in my dictionary. 

Now am back to reality.

In November l was told severally l look sweet sixteen. I remember l visit someone that we saw about late last year and the first thing he said to me this January was "where are you rolling to?"😯😂

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, MENA said:

My Holiness, am loyal ma😁

May be Is because of the too much food this period that made laziness catch up with me. Even to be useful to my own self, no way. 

I don't know why this festive period there was no " No thank you to food" in my dictionary. 

Now am back to reality.

In November l was told severally l look sweet sixteen. I remember l visit someone that we saw about late last and the first thing he said to me this January was "where are you rolling to?"😯😂

Hahahahaha... he's mean!

11 hours ago, MENA said:

Rebound or not.

I think is good to let people heal properly before you get involve with them. No matter how much you feel you like her let her be if not you may end up feeling like a psycho.

No matter how hard you try to please her she reads wrong meaning to it.

She will always compare you to her ex.

She will act too hard when she is not suppose to because she will be over protective of herself. 

You can imagine someone being with you for the first time and you consciously did the best you could to make her happy and she did confess to you that  this is one of the best moment she has really been happy in a long while but only at the end of her two weeks stay, she says to you that she felt hurt almost every single day.

OMG!😯

Is better to let her be and save yourself from all the psychological shit.

👍

Meanwhile @MENA You promised me a big fat turkey for christmas.