Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Dear Fay

VINA

My angel. 
Truly we find love in the least expected places.

We have known each other for years. I just thought we could be Friends. You never seemed like my type.
You seemed too young, too innocent, too naive. It felt like you would never understand me.

You know? I thought you couldn't grasp truly, the concept of being with a girl. What could you know? Small Fay, my sweet sweet innocent friend.

Then it happened, my relationship, falling right before my eyes, the people I thought I knew turning against me. I'm strong, I'm very strong but this one time I was weak. 

I can be weak, I should cry, I have been with this person for years, I should cry when it ends, it's what happens. I trusted this friend, I should cry when she turns on me, this kind stranger turns into a cold wall, I should cry but I cry alone until you sent me that text.

Fay! How did you know what I needed? How did you understand when I babbled on and on about the things that hurt? You are so young but you are wiser than the aged. You have been there in the shadows of my life but it took this pain to find you.

So ordinary and naive but you are everything I need. Just there camouflaging, waiting for me to realize that sometimes the things and people we need to be happy are already in our lives. We just need to see them.

To Fay

• Like 1