Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

A Day at the Mall (a short story)

Dipbluesae

(I haven't written a story for a long time, so corrections are welcome)

I sat on a long wooden bench at the Mall across the street waiting for Jane, it wasn't so far from home still we had gotten here in Jane's car and she went into The Chantellier while I stayed at  the food court to wait till she comes back, I hate shopping.  She's gone in to grab a pair of gloves for the poor cold winter weather, if you must know the Canadian weather is not one to be joked with in such times. Then I saw her, from far off, her eyes were all over me, I smiled at her, coutesy demands that but she took it as a signal and came towards me, with her gaze still on me, she sat down beside me.

She greeted with a smile,I smiled back. We chatted and laughed, and made inquiries about each other.  I caught a glimpse of her, and couldn't help but noticed her dazzling soft hair and beautiful face, producing two dimples whenever she showed those flashy teeth she got. "She look pretty" I thought to myself. But she was the first to speak again "You look nice" She said. "Thanks,this was me in response to her compliment. "You look really nice"She said again. This time with a soft clear voice. I acted surprised or maybe I was surprised, I raised my eyes to hers slowly to be able to read her expression. Then,I noticed for the first time the beauty in her eyes. Those were deep blue eyeballs surrounded by a stream of whiteness, soft and filled with humour. Stunned, I gasped for breath. "What could she be thinking?  Or maybe it's me, where are my thoughts now?" I asked myself but I was not expecting an answer. I had been lost I know, drown in the beauty in her eyes.

Within a short time,she began to say something again,fortunately this time I was quicker to decipher what it is she wanted to say, she had all my attention and I allowed her to let herself out, "I feel like I've known you forever" it was the most romantic thing I have ever heard. It is surprising  though how two people could create bonds in moments and in an instant begin to create memories.
While gazing upon her face,I ran my fingers through her soft long and wavy hair, I love long hairs and wavy makes it perfect, as I proceeded to lean towards her,she was quick to have noticed. She shut her eyes,I smiled. Slowly I brushed my lips against hers, her face lightened up, soft and... then I realized we were in public eyes, I stopped abruptly. Took a while to get back my thinking straight. Almost at same time Jane arrived.  Time to go home. I would have been in a deep fry if Jane had seen us, thankfully she didn't. I turned to wave at her but she already left. "I didn't even get to know her name"I said to myself as we headed home. She must have been shocked at my behaviour, I am usually a mess, a shy one.

D.B.S

• 7 months later...