Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

As man gradually advanced in intellectual power... His sympathies becomes more tender and widely diffused, so as to extend to man of all races... And to the lower animals - so will the standard of morality rise higher and higher.

~ Charles Darwin 

A great #DarwinDay quote about the moral evolution of humankind. As our species developed, we learnt to form bonds that first applied to our family and kin. 

Over time, our capacity for empathy developed, extending our sympathies to whole tribes, whole nations, whole species - and into the animal kindom.

f95ae0b2-d848-44f0-a87d-b6244c44d0be.jpg

• Like 3

This was Charles Darwin’s third major work on evolutionary theory and laid out his early ideas about behavioural genetics.

It explored emotions in animals and humans and attempted to work out their evolutionary origins, like why we raise our eyebrows when we are surprised.

The book was quite revolutionary in using biological illustrations and paved the way for future works.

~ Royal Institution Archival Collection. (Pictures) 

c3e89059-6ee3-4604-9a40-e1598b79e651.jpg

IMG_20180213_055014_111.jpg

IMG_20180213_055311_010.jpg

IMG_20180213_055226_527.jpg

• Like 1

"Cats when terrified, stand at full height and arch their backs in a well-known and ridiculous fashion. They spit, hiss or growl. The hair over the..."

According to some of my Nigerian family, when a cat does the abovementioned, they would say that it is displaying its witchcraftry. Since cats are considered as witches aka agents of satan.😂😂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, RayBlac said:

"Cats when terrified, stand at full height and arch their backs in a well-known and ridiculous fashion. They spit, hiss or growl. The hair over the..."

According to some of my Nigerian family, when a cat does the abovementioned, they would say that it is displaying its witchcraftry. Since cats are considered as witches aka agents of satan.😂😂

And God save that cat of it gets in that posture when prayers is going on. 

On 2/13/2018 at 12:22 PM, RayBlac said:

Lol. Mohammed forbids Muslims from having anything to do with dogs. According to him the angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog. He claim they are naajis (impure). Makes me wonder why the Arabian God despise such lovely animal like dogs even though he is believed to be the creator of all creatures. 

On 13/02/2018 at 5:26 PM, dequeen said:

And God save that cat of it gets in that posture when prayers is going on. 

Hahaha! I think the whole place will scatter. The prayers will intensify and if there's holy water and other sacramentals, everything would be unleashed on the poor cat. 😂😂

35 minutes ago, Gimbiyya said:

Lol. Mohammed forbids Muslims from having anything to do with dogs. According to him the angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog. He claim they are naajis (impure). Makes me wonder why the Arabian God despise such lovely animal like dogs even though he is believed to be the creator of all creatures. 

Hmmm. Never knew this but what makes them impure na? 

23 hours ago, RayBlac said:

Hmmm. Never knew this but what makes them impure na? 

I know for the mumu prophet. It could Probably be a believe common Among the 7th century Arabs. 

• 2 weeks later...