Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×

Favorite Movies, Movie Quotes/lines, and Animations

Txunamy

17 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

True.. 

But for me, I watch Romcom and comedy at large, because being an adult can be too hard and overwhelming most times for me , so I need movies like that to take me out of this serious world into a world where everything is all lax, easy, and crazily fun.. 

If it weren't for responsibilities, I would have been a couch potato.. 😁 

Valid! We all have our coping mechanisms. 

Just Watched the latest season of blackish this evening.

Been laughing like crazy since then..

Mamma Mia!! 

In case you don't know, blackish is a sitcom...mirroring the struggles black people go through in America, and it's largely centered on an African American Family.. 

• Like 1
On 2/17/2018 at 12:14 PM, Hawken said:

I still haven't seen pretty woman ..

woo! where have you been? It was like the most watched as  at that time. l hope you have watched by now? :597f839311844_tw_grin1:

• 8 months later...

So..i read somewhere that most tv shows pilot don't see the light of day..

Even the ones that do get to "see the light of day" gets cancelled after the first season..

Series like:

Allegiance, American Odyssey, Blacklist Redemption, off the map, Combat Hospital, Notorious, killer women, and so many others that got me hooked which i can't remember now.

I am just wondering, why did the above have low ratings? I know it might be a case of one man's Meat, bla bla bla..

But, C'mmon Now, C'mmon..

On 12/15/2018 at 2:06 PM, Txunamy said:

So..i read somewhere that most tv shows pilot don't see the light of day..

Even the ones that do get to "see the light of day" gets cancelled after the first season..

Series like:

Allegiance, American Odyssey, Blacklist Redemption, off the map, Combat Hospital, Notorious, killer women, and so many others that got me hooked which i can't remember now.

I am just wondering, why did the above have low ratings? I know it might be a case of one man's Meat, bla bla bla..

But, C'mmon Now, C'mmon..

Sometimes, the network compares with the previous shows that were in that slot. While to viewers, the show might have high ratings, to network execs, it’s not high if the ratings can’t supersede the show that was previously in that time slot. 

There is also the licensing fee. If the fee per episode is high and the network feels they aren’t really getting value for money, they will most likely cancel the show first chance they get. 

There are a few other factors. 

It’s annoying. I try not To watch shows with just 1 season. My heart can’t take it lol. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Damiee said:

Sometimes, the network compares with the previous shows that were in that slot. While to viewers, the show might have high ratings, to network execs, it’s not high if the ratings can’t supersede the show that was previously in that time slot. 

There is also the licensing fee. If the fee per episode is high and the network feels they aren’t really getting value for money, they will most likely cancel the show first chance they get. 

There are a few other factors. 

It’s annoying. I try not To watch shows with just 1 season. My heart can’t take it lol. 

Oh okay.

Thanks for the insight..did'nt know all these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Txunamyanother movie lover! 😳 I have no music on my laptop, it's movies. I play movies while working,  to relax etc. I always have a movie playing when I'm doing stuff. So I end up watching them a lot and knowing the lines by heart. 

I hope you finished all the other Hannibal Lecter movies. They were so well done. When the series Hannibal started, I was overjoyed. 

My favorite genre is horror. Not ridiculous jump-scares,  I like really well told horror movies. 

Life happened so I actually haven't gotten new movies from my dealer in a while. Hopefully he'll slip me the "good stuff 😉"  when next we see. 

9 hours ago, Modd said:

@Txunamyanother movie lover! 😳 I have no music on my laptop, it's movies. I play movies while working,  to relax etc. I always have a movie playing when I'm doing stuff. So I end up watching them a lot and knowing the lines by heart. 

I hope you finished all the other Hannibal Lecter movies. They were so well done. When the series Hannibal started, I was overjoyed. 

My favorite genre is horror. Not ridiculous jump-scares,  I like really well told horror movies. 

Life happened so I actually haven't gotten new movies from my dealer in a while. Hopefully he'll slip me the "good stuff 😉"  when next we see. 

Oh Really? That's great to hear. I have seen all The Hannibal lecter movies, very Brilliant movies. Hannibal and Red dragon. I Have seen the series too.

Have you seen any other movie like Hannibal? Pls do recommend any good thriller for me.

I love horror too.. Sure you must have seen the classic texas chain saw, Friday the 13th, I know what you did last summer, e t.c . I don't really enjoy these new horror movies. Its more silly than its scary😁

You should see the bird box and A quiet place if you haven't. 

Make your buddy Hawken sit with you when watching horror movies. She is a scaredy cat that one.

Don't be a stranger, mode 9. Sorry, @Modd

4 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Oh Really? That's great to hear. I have seen all The Hannibal lecter movies, very Brilliant movies. Hannibal and Red dragon. I Have seen the series too.

Have you seen any other movie like Hannibal? Pls do recommend any good thriller for me.

I love horror too.. Sure you must have seen the classic texas chain saw, Friday the 13th, I know what you did last summer, e t.c . I don't really enjoy these new horror movies. Its more silly than its scary😁

You should see the bird box and A quiet place if you haven't. 

Make your buddy Hawken sit with you when watching horror movies. She is a scaredy cat that one.

Don't be a stranger, mode 9. Sorry, @Modd

Friday the 13th was a good slasher movie but its classics like Nightmare on Elms street that really does it for me, paranormal, "out of the" ordinary typa things... Silent Hill (first movie in the franchise), was great too. Cabin in the woods

Off the top of my head, Series horror, "Supernatural" is really entertaining. "Penny dreadful" is amazing. The Walking Dead is another good one...

Birdbox is soooo on my list. People said it was good..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators
31 minutes ago, Michelle said:

@Txunamy have you seen this film?

Awwwwwwh... this would be lovely to watch. I love that it is African which makes it more relatable. 

2 minutes ago, kimi said:

Awwwwwwh... this would be lovely to watch. I love that it is African which makes it more relatable. 

Yeah, it's going to be showing at select venues here over the next two months.

• Like 1

If you like Thrillers like,  Gone girl, side effects, boy next door, Enough, solace, Don't breathe,  You should totally see 'The stepfather' if you haven't. Its a 2009 movie, but I only got the chance to watch it today.  Total Thriller.