Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Share your chastity journey(if you ever had one)

VINA

So i used to say if i broke up with my ex, i would remain chaste till DFW came but boy could i?

i did it for some few months and once an opportunity presented itself, my chastity belt came flying off..

i was inspired again recently when i met a stud who stood her ground and is keeping her chastity real. So my questions.

1) how long can you stay without sex?

2) have you ever tried to stay away from sex? How long did it last?

3) have u ever had a no sex relationship (this one is just funny abeg)

4) if you have been chaste for a while now,biko share some tips. Thanks.

Some people consciously do it.. others don't. It's part of nature. So to answer your questions

1)As long as it takes to meet someone I feel like sleeping with

2)Not like try, try but sort of.. em till I was 22 and only once with one person. Sort of experimental

3)As funny as it is, yea.. twice and both relationships lasted 3years each.. I didn't"t wanna sleep with them then..

4) I don't think am gonna be sleeping with anyone for awhile.. and there is no tips..I don't know. I am not dating anyone so yea.. but even if I am then maybe a year or 2. Either way, am not gonna sleep with anyone in the next 2years is a deal. But not sleeping with someone isn't all chastity is but for the sake of your post, I will just go with this. Tbh I am surprised that you are surprised of that stud's decision.

For me, I care about my health and do my best to protect it and I wanna be as morally upright as I can be, though sometimes things go awry but it works regardless most times and yea nice topic Vina

@DipBluSae Wow! Nice one. I smell lots of self control and discipline. 

I was just shocked cos in this lez world, it seems like everyone is hooking up and having sex, a stud for that matter. Babe the matter shook me.

anyways thanks for sharing. I pray you get a good someone when you are ready.

1 hour ago, vina said:

@DipBluSae Wow! Nice one. I smell lots of self control and discipline. 

I was just shocked cos in this lez world, it seems like everyone is hooking up and having sex, a stud for that matter. Babe the matter shook me.

anyways thanks for sharing. I pray you get a good someone when you are ready.

Haha! Well different strokes for different folks.. You are right though about the hooking up things..

Yea if am ever ready a good somebody will do. Thanks👌

1) As long as I want. When I'm not in a relationship, it takes as long I get into one. While in relationships, it takes the time I get to meet up with my partner. Most of my relationships have always been long distance. 

2) have I ever tried staying away from sex? Yes I have, like all my life. I actually started having sex recently all thanks to my overly religious folks and the sexually repressed society I was raised.

How long have I stay away from sex? 6months maybe. I don't plan on staying away from sex really. I love what I just started. Besides I need to make up for those times :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

3) lol yes ke. Most of my relationships have always been no sex relationships. Poor me. 

4) No tips. Not like staying chaste was a conscious effort. It's was a default something. Growing up hearing all those stuffs and how 'sacred' sex is. It just got registered in my head that it an act I shouldn't indulge in, at least still I got married. So I was told. Lol 

1) It depends on why i'm abstaining. I don't have random sex so I'm always celibate until I'm a relationship.

2) Almost 3 years. I was determined not to carry any baggage from my previous relationship into a new one so i didn't date... so I couldn't knack :597f825672f73_tw_confused1:

3) Lol, the f***k for? And I'm not even ready to stay with anybody who suggests it.

4) Sorry, no tips here, I'm currently doing it :597f83a10c1b1_tw_innocent1:

1. I have been able to abstain from sex for 2 years at a time not because the opportunity didn't present itself but because I don't sleep with someone am not in a relationship with. Sex means more than orgasm to me. 

2.I have at some point decided not to have sex because I had come out from a bad relationship and was waiting to heal. 

3. Of course I have, on many occasions. 

4. Truth is,  there's no tips so to say, it's all about personal decision and the desire to be self disciplined.

truth is i find someone worth it, i will still take my time.

im not the meet and jump right into it.

there are so many things i look out for b4 sex.

so as long as it takes me to be comfortable enough with you.

whether you are still in the closet or out there.  

ive gone almost 2yrs without. not because there werent people, but because other things werent there.

#ImARomantic 

• Like 1

That one time I was with a girl who had the impression that sex is generally considered the essence of lesbian relationships and she didn't like that.

I had to be cool with just kissing for a long time. I don't regret the time we spent waiting. When sexual intimacy eventually came, it was even more beautiful and meaningful to me.

I haven't on my own decided to abstain.

I am the kind who believes there is nothing like 'sex addiction'; Sex is a form of stress relief for me, even more after a breakup. I couldn't consciously decide to not do it.

1) how long can you stay without sex?

As long as my body can go. It helps that my libido isn't so high.

2) have you ever tried to stay away from sex? How long did it last?

Never consciously , but I once went close to a year.

3) have u ever had a no sex relationship (this one is just funny abeg)

Yea, really funny one. No. If we didn't have sex, it was maybe because it was a long distance thingy.

4) if you have been chaste for a while now,biko share some tips. 

I'm not saying I've been chaste and I'm not saying I've not been chaste. Just saying that don't sweat it, a lot of this chastity thing is done by people with really low sex drive / libido. If yours is high and you decide to join the chaste club, your name is sorry. Do what works for you. 

• 2 years later...