Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

How Certain Are You...?

kimi

• Moderators

For Lesbians: How certain are you that you are gay? What makes you so sure?

For Bisexuals: How certain are you that you are not 100% lesbian or 100% straight?

This question came up in a conversation and I thought to share it with the good people of NL Lol. It would be very interesting to read all your responses. :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1::597f82853fcf9_tw_flushed1:

I'm lesbian, and I am certain that I am gay..☺  

What makes me so sure that I am gay? 

Maybe the fact that I know I was born gay? 

I don't care much about the whole debate, cos it would always be a grey area for me.

I don't know any other way apart from the gay way.. 

How much more gay can I be than that? 😁 

I like my coffee like I like my men... Nowhere near my vagina. :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

The thing is we know what we want. Our thoughts, emotions, fantasy, who we crush on and all. Denial or transition period happened to most but eventually we learn to embrace what we really want. (regardless of whether we act on it or not).

Hell I'm gay! Lol how certain? I like girls. Just girls. I know this. It's no rocket science. It's who I am. I'm to girls as straight girls are to boys.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm certain because I fought too hard and too long (spanning over 2 decades) to not be gay but nothing I ever tried worked. I'm certain because I have no attraction whatsoever to men in a way a heterosexual woman would. I don't see them as useful for anything other than friendship.

In addition to the above, I have a very little tolerance for long conversations or chats with them of it isn't business related. I snap. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How I know I'm 50% into men and 50% into women.

1. Me craving d**ck sometimes and craving the softness of boobs and ass other times.

2. Wanting to be cuddled on a flat chest sometimes and wanting the taste of p**sy other times.

3. The fact that loving a man is satisfactory to me, and loving a woman is ethreal, like loving who I can understand and relate with.

32 minutes ago, Keke said:

1. Me craving d**ck sometimes and craving the softness of boobs and ass other times.

2. Wanting to be cuddled on a flat chest sometimes and wanting the taste of p**sy other times.

3. The fact that loving a man is satisfactory to me, and loving a woman is ethreal, like loving who I can understand and relate with.

I covered my face when I got to 'wanting the taste of p**sy'

I hope the Arch is not trying to turn me away from the things of the world? I refuse to be converted. 

😁 

22 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

I covered my face when I got to 'wanting the taste of p**sy'

I hope the Arch is not trying to turn me away from the things of the world? I refuse to be converted. 

😁 

pls don't be converted o. These little pleasures of life keep body and soul together.

I am certain that I like women and want to spend the happiest moments of my life with one who's sure they want me too but I push myself the other way because I keep finding a way to balance reality and desires. 

This society is just plain cruel 

3 hours ago, ChazBee said:

I am certain that I like women and want to spend the happiest moments of my life with one who's sure they want me too but I push myself the other way because I keep finding a way to balance reality and desires. 

This society is just plain cruel 

Hmmm

I think I’ve always known but buried it deep and I was in denial for so long. I dated men and I never really felt the connection that I did with women. It felt forced, because it was forced. Eventually, I stopped running away from myself and embraced by true orientation. Cheers to growing up and making better decisions 🥂😁.

• Like 1

I'm 90% certain because there was once a guy and after that guy, there has been none. Ladies on the other hand, I had always had crushes on them since primary school. I literally walked up to my godmom when I was in my early teens and told her she had the most captivating personality I had ever seen, that's how she became my godmom o. Lol. I hate the smell of men and looking back on my dating guys history, I noticed that I only dated effeminate guys, no hairy body, no muscle build, really mushy hearts writing poems and shit...still didn't like the way their body smelled though or their clothes or their rooms or their houses or their touch. I realised I was drawn because of the stimulating intellectual discussions. 

When am with a girl it always felt like my reality but being with a man  felt like acting a movie because l was always conscious  of every moves.:597f838f111a3_tw_grimace1:

Being with a girl, everything feels so easy to handle in a lighter and happier way. No body fights for right. Everything is about sharing :597f839311844_tw_grin1:

I thought about this some time ago. Lol.

Transgenders can recognise from a young age that they were born in a wrong body.

Truth is , in Nigeria, we arent exposed to being gay so many of us didnt even know what we were till we grew up.

i have always been gay. I never wanted to get married if it meant marrying a man. I was ready to be a single mum and die single because i knew i wasnt created for a man. 

Then i grow up and realise why . I am a f***king p**sy loving lesbian!!!!

so i am like 89% sure that this is my truth.

very nice question @kimi thought provoking.

1 hour ago, vina said:

I thought about this some time ago. Lol.

Transgenders can recognise from a young age that they were born in a wrong body.

Truth is , in Nigeria, we arent exposed to being gay so many of us didnt even know what we were till we grew up.

i have always been gay. I never wanted to get married if it meant marrying a man. I was ready to be a single mum and die single because i knew i wasnt created for a man. 

Then i grow up and realise why . I am a f***king p**sy loving lesbian!!!!

so i am like 89% sure that this is my truth.

very nice question @kimi thought provoking.

Funny how my own daydreams as a kid was that I was married to a man and we had 3kids. The first two were a set of twins.

On 08/03/2018 at 3:15 PM, Keke said:

I can absolutely relate. You capture exactly how i feel.