Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What's All The Fuss About Pets?

Txunamy

9 hours ago, Ivyy said:

What is it with homosexuals and cats and dogs? 

Some gay men and women have either cats or dogs as pets, or both.. 

Why are they so excited to own a pet? Is it cos of their love for animals, or is it cos they feel they ought to own one as gay people? 

The homosexual couple in my compound just bought a Rottweiler dog three days ago..

Now, anyone who knows me, knows that I am mighty scared of dogs. They terrify me...

The past three days have been a long road for me.. 

I have pleaded with them to get a dog cage and put the dog in, or keep the dog in their house.. 

I also told them I have the right to defend myself if I feel threatened in any way.. 

If they ever unleash that dog and it charges at me, Lord knows, I would throw something at it, and wait for them to scream animal cruelty..

This evening when I came home, the dog was jumping up and down, all excited to see me, and I was like 'Mister, stay far away from me, cos your friendliness scares me'

And why do dog owners always say 'he/she won't bite you ' are you in the dog's mind? How sure are you that it won't? Me, I have trust issues, I won't be taking any chances.. 

Addendum: straight couples keep pets too, But it's just that for gays, the ratio is higher..

When two lesbians move in together, first thing they get is either a dog or cat. Esp in the western world..Nigerians are getting there gradually.. Personally, I know a couple of gay people with pets here in Lagos, and now my gay neighbors have joined the bandwagon. So this informed my rant above. 

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Addendum: straight couples keep pets too, But it's just that for gays, the ratio is higher..

When two lesbians move in together, first thing they get is either a dog or cat. Esp in the western world..Nigerians are getting there gradually.. Personally, I know a couple of gay people with pets here in Lagos, and now my gay neighbors have joined the bandwagon. So this informed my rant above. 

Hahahaha. I'm one of those o...

When I day dream, it's me, a wife, a couple of kids and a couple of pet kids. Lol.

For me, pets because they are always constant and always there. Those days that your spouse isn't on good terms with you, you have your pet to fall back on. For most, I think they tend to own pets for the companionship they provide.

You can simply pour your love out to them and they are loyal. They will love you back even when you aren't deserving of their love. 

48 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha. I'm one of those o...

When I day dream, it's me, a wife, a couple of kids and a couple of pet kids. Lol.

For me, pets because they are always constant and always there. Those days that your spouse isn't on good terms with you, you have your pet to fall back on. For most, I think they tend to own pets for the companionship they provide.

You can simply pour your love out to them and they are loyal. They will love you back even when you aren't deserving of their love. 

You too? 

Oh no! I'm heartbroken.. 

God is wonderful, he created everyone in a different way. I cannot imagine the kind of companionship a dog can provide for me.

I have zoophobia(fear of animals) and especially cynophobia(fear of dogs) 

My fear of dogs is so bad, that my heart stops whenever I come face to face with one. Esp the big ones..

I think I am okay with loving my partner and our kids.. ☺ 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

You too? 

Oh no! I'm heartbroken.. 

God is wonderful, he created everyone in a different way. I cannot imagine the kind of companionship a dog can provide for me.

I have zoophobia(fear of animals) and especially cynophobia(fear of dogs) 

My fear of dogs is so bad, that my heart stops whenever I come face to face with one. Esp the big ones..

I think I am okay with loving my partner and our kids.. ☺ 

Hahaha. I can't explain it. A pet completes the family picture :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

48 minutes ago, kimi said:

It's totally cool that you have a gay couple as neighbours though. Wish I had me one of those. 

Hahahahaha! 

There is nothing cool about the gay couple living beneath me. They fight almost every night. 

One is an effeminate man, and the other is a manly man..

The old tenants in the compound said that they are married and have been living together for 5 years..

So the gist is that the manly one is bi, but his partner had no idea he was, until recently. 

So they are always fighting cos the bi one has a gf on the side. 

It is always a show of shame once they start with their fights. Not a pretty sight at all. I don't sleep most nights cos their fight keeps me awake. It's always so violent that I fear one would kill the other someday. 

Whenever they fight throughout the night, they emerge in the morning with black eyes looking like raccoons. 

I always wonder why they are still together, cos the relationship is a toxic one.. 

My next door neighbor once came to me and hinted that we the tenants should come together to call the police on them. I told him to leave me out of it, I lied that their noise doesn't disturb me cos I am a deep sleeper.. 😁 I have to protect our community members.. 😁 

• Haha 1

I used to totally adore pets until my last pet, a dog, that's when I knew the responsibilities involved in having a pet. I then reverted to having a cat instead and then I realised we can't always travel with it, so will it starve until we return?? Long story short, No pets for me. I still think they are cute and adorable but just another responsibility I am no longer excited to add to the growing responsibilities of adulting.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Hahahahaha! 

There is nothing cool about the gay couple living beneath me. They fight almost every night. 

One is an effeminate man, and the other is a manly man..

The old tenants in the compound said that they are married and have been living together for 5 years..

So the gist is that the manly one is bi, but his partner had no idea he was, until recently. 

So they are always fighting cos the bi one has a gf on the side. 

It is always a show of shame once they start with their fights. Not a pretty sight at all. I don't sleep most nights cos their fight keeps me awake. It's always so violent that I fear one would kill the other someday. 

Whenever they fight throughout the night, they emerge in the morning with black eyes looking like raccoons. 

I always wonder why they are still together, cos the relationship is a toxic one.. 

My next door neighbor once came to me and hinted that we the tenants should come together to call the police on them. I told him to leave me out of it, I lied that their noise doesn't disturb me cos I am a deep sleeper.. 😁 I have to protect our community members.. 😁 

Oh dear! This is horrible. Why do queers in Nigeria stay on in toxic relationships though?? Is it because the community is small?? I'm not sure Love means we should stay with someone till they kill us or we kill them.... That till death do us part thing should be scrapped from marriage vows ,honestly. Ha!

@Ivyy this table you are trying to shake, I am standing on it. Please be gentle.

Having said that, pets are the best. The absolute best. I think the best thing about them is their lack of ulterior motives. Your pet will never give you reasons to second guess them. Unless they are the traitor kinds (you know those kinds that you tell "attack!!" Because you are trying to scare someone and the f***king traitor dog just sits there like "is it me you are talking to? I'm a lover not a fighter please". Yes those kinds 😒 they are the very worst.

Anyways, dogs and cats and any other animal that doesn't slither or have more than 4 legs are awesome.

However, your neighbor needs to get a cage for that rottweiler. They are quite aggressive in adulthood.

5 minutes ago, Hawken said:

@Ivyy this table you are trying to shake, I am standing on it. Please be gentle.

Having said that, pets are the best. The absolute best. I think the best thing about them is their lack of ulterior motives. Your pet will never give you reasons to second guess them. Unless they are the traitor kinds (you know those kinds that you tell "attack!!" Because you are trying to scare someone and the f***king traitor dog just sits there like "is it me you are talking to? I'm a lover not a fighter please". Yes those kinds 😒 they are the very worst.

Anyways, dogs and cats and any other animal that doesn't slither or have more than 4 legs are awesome.

However, your neighbor needs to get a cage for that rottweiler. They are quite aggressive in adulthood.

My point exactly! 

Yesterday, he was like, it's just a puppy.. And I was like, a puppy and it's this big? What would happen months from now? I have asked him to get a cage. I won't wait until the dog bites my enemy and has to be Euthanized..

12 minutes ago, dequeen said:

Oh dear! This is horrible. Why do queers in Nigeria stay on in toxic relationships though?? Is it because the community is small?? I'm not sure Love means we should stay with someone till they kill us or we kill them.... That till death do us part thing should be scrapped from marriage vows ,honestly. Ha!

I'm telling you. 

I don't know if it's cos people keep saying the dating pool for gays is small(which I don't believe)

If you hear the kinda things they say when they fight, you'd be shocked that they are still together. The pummelling nko? I don't know who beats who, but the sound haunts me sometimes. 

There is nothing I can do, I can't talk to them about it, cos they might tell me to shove it, neither can I go report them to the police. 

I just hope one would see the light someday, and I hope it won't be literally.. 😁 

23 minutes ago, dequeen said:

I used to totally adore pets until my last pet, a dog, that's when I knew the responsibilities involved in having a pet. I then reverted to having a cat instead and then I realised we can't always travel with it, so will it starve until we return?? Long story short, No pets for me. I still think they are cute and adorable but just another responsibility I am no longer excited to add to the growing responsibilities of adulting.

Good girl. ☺ 

Keep it that way, no pets. 

I think for those couples, pets complete the family. Especially for couples that cohabitate, there is a shared responsibility of caring for them. It’s cute. 

I grew up around dogs and that’s about the only pet I can stand. Oh birds too. I hate cats. I wanted a Chihuahua cos of its size, until I read about how nasty they are. Nah. 

18 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

My point exactly! 

Yesterday, he was like, it's just a puppy.. And I was like, a puppy and it's this big? What would happen months from now? I have asked him to get a cage. I won't wait until the dog bites my enemy and has to be Euthanized..

Lmao if it bites you, it will not be euthanized, sorry 😂

The owner of the dog will simply pay for your anti rabies shot and tell you sorry 😂

1 minute ago, Damiee said:

I think for those couples, pets complete the family. Especially for couples that cohabitate, there is a shared responsibility of caring for them. It’s cute. 

I grew up around dogs and that’s about the only pet I can stand. Oh birds too. I hate cats. I wanted a Chihuahua cos of its size, until I read about how nasty they are. Nah. 

Chihuahuas are nasty and freaking aggressive! I don't even understand how they are a favourite. But its a dog either ways 😀 so I love it 😳

1 minute ago, Hawken said:

Lmao if it bites you, it will not be euthanized, sorry 😂

The owner of the dog will simply pay for your anti rabies shot and tell you sorry 😂

Lai Lai.. 

Sorry ke? God won't let it happen to me sha. Stop scaring me hawken! 

4 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Chihuahuas are nasty and freaking aggressive! I don't even understand how they are a favourite. But its a dog either ways 😀 so I love it 😳

Lol it’s cos they are small and cute. I just remembered when I was in secondary school and a girl brought her Chihuahua to class and it bit her lol. 

15 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

I'm telling you. 

I don't know if it's cos people keep saying the dating pool for gays is small(which I don't believe)

If you hear the kinda things they say when they fight, you'd be shocked that they are still together. The pummelling nko? I don't know who beats who, but the sound haunts me sometimes. 

There is nothing I can do, I can't talk to them about it, cos they might tell me to shove it, neither can I go report them to the police. 

I just hope one would see the light someday, and I hope it won't be literally.. 😁 

Yea, gays seem to say really nasty things to each other, and then they shove it off and say "he was just angry or I was just angry." Thank God lesbians are a bit more controlled.

I once read the fight chat between one dude and his boyfriend, I was so appalled that I started gagging. Like they were insulting each other even to their families. It led to a 2months long malice and then they were back to lovey dovey. These are guys that have been dating for 8years now. 

When I was feeling so sick of the nastiness, he then told me that this one(fight) is calm, I should have seen their other fights, that one time the dude smashed all the lights of his car including the windshield.

How this was something to brag about is totally beyond me. I don't even want to start thinking of the lesbians in really toxic situations.

When that dog of theirs becomes aggressive, would it be fair to say "The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree?"

2 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Lol it’s cos they are small and cute. I just remembered when I was in secondary school and a girl brought her Chihuahua to class and it bit her lol. 

:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1: :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1: :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

5 minutes ago, dequeen said:

Yea, gays seem to say really nasty things to each other, and then they shove it off and say "he was just angry or I was just angry." Thank God lesbians are a bit more controlled.

I once read the fight chat between one dude and his boyfriend, I was so appalled that I started gagging. Like they were insulting each other even to their families. It led to a 2months long malice and then they were back to lovey dovey. These are guys that have been dating for 8years now. 

When I was feeling so sick of the nastiness, he then told me that this one(fight) is calm, I should have seen their other fights, that one time the dude smashed all the lights of his car including the windshield.

How this was something to brag about is totally beyond me. I don't even want to start thinking of the lesbians in really toxic situations.

When that dog of theirs becomes aggressive, would it be fair to say "The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree?"

Lesbians aren't more controlled anything... 😁 

I hear stories that makes me shiver. I just thank God I haven't been caught up in such..

The whole toxic relationship thing isn't exclusive to gays only (but I think the internalized homophobia doesn't help either). I actually feel like men in gay relationships don't fight as much as their hetero counterparts. Maybe because it would mean them taking on another man.

As for lesbians, hmm. Well, women are no good either. But I don't think its a gender or sexuality thing, its just a human thing. We are not good.

1 minute ago, Hawken said:

The whole toxic relationship thing isn't exclusive to gays only (but I think the internalized homophobia doesn't help either). I actually feel like men in gay relationships don't fight as much as their hetero counterparts. Maybe because it would mean them taking on another man.

As for lesbians, hmm. Well, women are no good either. But I don't think its a gender or sexuality thing, its just a human thing. We are not good.

Hahahahaha @ we are no good.. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ivyy said:

I'm telling you. 

Wow.... this is nauseating. My heart is pulsating in utter trepidation.