Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What's All The Fuss About Pets?

Txunamy

1 minute ago, Ivyy said:

Behold, the puppy that is making me uneasy. 

IMG-20180311-WA0010.jpg

When it's not crouching, at full length it's very big, with glittery jet black fur. 😢 

how is this a puppy? 

9 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Behold, the puppy that is making me uneasy. 

IMG-20180311-WA0010.jpg

Awwwn, just look at this good boy 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

10 hours ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha. I'm one of those o...

When I day dream, it's me, a wife, a couple of kids and a couple of pet kids. Lol.

For me, pets because they are always constant and always there. Those days that your spouse isn't on good terms with you, you have your pet to fall back on. For most, I think they tend to own pets for the companionship they provide.

You can simply pour your love out to them and they are loyal. They will love you back even when you aren't deserving of their love. 

But please don't include pitbull in your list o because one day he will come to bull off all the love he has given you in the years pass for no reason.:597f838f111a3_tw_grimace1:

• Thanks 1

My dog got so old that she started  attacking me what kind of loyalty is that biko? Cried when she died but was relieve 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, MENA said:

But please don't include pitbull in your list o because one day he will come to bull off all the love he has given you in the years pass for no reason.:597f838f111a3_tw_grimace1:

Hahahaha. Thanks Mena. Noted. Lol

14 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Pitbulls are scaarrryyy ...

Pit bulls are misunderstood 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 ya'll not even giving them a chance. Ya'll need to get to know them 😭😭😭😭😭

20 hours ago, Suavity said:

My dog got so old that she started  attacking me what kind of loyalty is that biko? Cried when she died but was relieve 

If your dog became aggressive to you in its old age, it very likely had dementia. It wasn't its fault. Dementia makes it hard for old dogs to remember familiar faces and smells, hence the aggression.

Also as dogs get older, just like humans they develop join pains, tooth decay and other health problems. And these are easy to miss because, well, they can't exactly talk.. But this also means they are in constant pain and this obviously will lead to aggression.

Not to talk about their deteriorated sense of sight and hearing. A startled dog is very likely going to be an aggressive dog.

Btw sorry you had to go through that : (

May it RIP 🌹🌹

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

Pit bulls are misunderstood 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 ya'll not even giving them a chance. Ya'll need to get to know them 😭😭😭😭😭

If your dog became aggressive to you in its old age, it very likely had dementia. It wasn't its fault. Dementia makes it hard for old dogs to remember familiar faces and smells, hence the aggression.

Also as dogs get older, just like humans they develop join pains, tooth decay and other health problems. And these are easy to miss because, well, they can't exactly talk.. But this also means they are in constant pain and this obviously will lead to aggression.

Not to talk about their deteriorated sense of sight and hearing. A startled dog is very likely going to be an aggressive dog.

Btw sorry you had to go through that : (

May it RIP 🌹🌹

Yeah true

Now, I am not a dog lover, but I know that dogs, like humans need food and water to survive.. 

Now, the dog owners are very stingy people.with them I don't know if it's stinginess or plain wickedness. Cos I have noticed that they feed the dogs just once a day, and even when they do, what they feed the dog looks very irritating.

When they bought the dog, the question on everyone's lips including mine, was 'can they afford to feed the dog? Cos we all know that they hardly pay their nepa or security bills, and it's not cos they don't have money, they are just stingy for lack of a better word. 

And people like that cannot cater for anyone even a dog. And it's happening already. My house is upstairs, so I have a good vantage point of the ongoings in the compound. And the kinda food I see in the dog's plate makes me sick to the stomach. 

Who feeds a rottweiler what looks like three days old amala, stew, and a fish head? I don't know if I am over thinking things, but I do know the dog is not an Eke uke Aka Bingo, and it needs better food. And besides, the ration is way too small..

Yesterday evening, when I saw the dog owners leave, I threw a piece of meat to the dog, And the way the dog gobbled it, something stirred in me.. Pity maybe? Definitely not likeness.  Unfortunately, I cannot give the dog anything in the presence of the owners, cos I have a feeling the dog might die of starvation or illness, and God forbid it happens the day I give it something to eat. They would say I poisoned their dog.. 😁 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Now, I am not a dog lover, but I know that dogs, like humans need food and water to survive.. 

Now, the dog owners are very stingy people.with them I don't know if it's stinginess or plain wickedness. Cos I have noticed that they feed the dogs just once a day, and even when they do, what they feed the dog looks very irritating.

When they bought the dog, the question on everyone's lips including mine, was 'can they afford to feed the dog? Cos we all know that they hardly pay their nepa or security bills, and it's not cos they don't have money, they are just stingy for lack of a better word. 

And people like that cannot cater for anyone even a dog. And it's happening already. My house is upstairs, so I have a good vantage point of the ongoings in the compound. And the kinda food I see in the dog's plate makes me sick to the stomach. 

Who feeds a rottweiler what looks like three days old amala, stew, and a fish head? I don't know if I am over thinking things, but I do know the dog is not an Eke uke Aka Bingo, and it needs better food. And besides, the ration is way too small..

Yesterday evening, when I saw the dog owners leave, I threw a piece of meat to the dog, And the way the dog gobbled it, something stirred in me.. Pity maybe? Definitely not likeness.  Unfortunately, I cannot give the dog anything in the presence of the owners, cos I have a feeling the dog might die of starvation or illness, and God forbid it happens the day I give it something to eat. They would say I poisoned their dog.. 😁 

This is just sad. My heart bleeds. *sighs* 

38 minutes ago, kimi said:

This is just sad. My heart bleeds. *sighs* 

Hahahahaha! I don't even like the dog, but I feel for it. 

kimi, you love dogs. Can a rottweiler survive on amala and palm oil rice? Tell me I am just over thinking it.. 

The dog could not even eat the rice it was offered this evening..it kicked it away, and slept off. 

Dog lovers,  isn't a dog supposed to have a plate for it's food? Is it right to put it's food on a dirty paint bucket cover? Is it that dogs aren't susceptible to germs and bacteria? Sometimes they keep the fish they feed the dog on the bare floor.

I don't know what is right concerning dogs, but I know my stomach churns when I see it. My friend says I should look away since I can't take in the sight, but I am too curious to look away. 😁 

• Moderators

Truth is I know very little about dogs and it wasn't until sometime last year that I started to have a longing to own one and have my spouse and myself jointly care for one.

21 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

The dog could not even eat the rice it was offered this evening..it kicked it away, and slept off. 

Hahaha. This cracked me up. Their attempt to turn the dog into an ajepako doesn't seem to be working. 

And it pains me that I sacrificed a plate when I threw the meat at him and ran. The security had to throw the plate away afterwards. 

2 minutes ago, kimi said:

Truth is I know very little about dogs and it wasn't until sometime last year that I started to have a longing to own one and have my spouse and myself jointly care for one.

Hahaha. This cracked me up. Their attempt to turn the dog into an ajepako doesn't seem to be working. 

Hahahaha! If it survives. 

I am too irrated to write anything that makes sense right now.

Please, whenever you can afford to, give it food. It will love you for it.

And if you can, tell the owners not to just chain the dog up like its a criminal. It needs walks and it needs shed too.

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

I am too irrated to write anything that makes sense right now.

Please, whenever you can afford to, give it food. It will love you for it.

And if you can, tell the owners not to just chain the dog up like its a criminal. It needs walks and it needs shed too.

😁  I don't need its Love.. If I keep giving him something to eat, it would think I want to be friends, and I don't want that, cos dogs show their love by jumping on the person they love and licking them up. I would be petrified if a dog touches me with its paws..if you see the amount of spit that drips from its tongue eh, it's sooo ewwwry. 

I can only pity the dog from afar. but I have spoken to them about getting a cage for the dog. It's more for my own safety first.. 

Never in a million years would I have thought that I could feel compassion for a dog, but I do now..

I don't know if it's cos of the fact that's it's a puppy, or because I know the dog isn't being treated right,  I just find myself having compassion for the dog.. 

This evening, the dog playfully kicked its bucket of water away, and Seconds later it started whimpering.. Out of compassion, I asked someone to help refil the dog's water..

The way the dog looked up at me ehn, it sent chills down my spine.. 

Its look was that of gratitude, and for a sec, I could swear I heard the dog say ' Thank you'

Good heavens,  why should I have compassion on an animal that can shoot my heart rate up with just its bark? 

Dogs are terrifying animals, can they go into extinction already? 

55 minutes ago, DipBluSae said:

When it begins to know you, it's not gonna hurt you. Dogs are cute creatures

Dogs bite people, and the bite ain't ordinary bites, it doesn't leave ordinary scars.. 

Dogs maul people..They can leave an indelible scar on someone's  body.. 

What is cute about that? I'm okay with having compassion for, and being amused by their antics from afar.. 

7 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Dogs bite people, and the bite ain't ordinary bites, it doesn't leave ordinary scars.. 

Dogs maul people..They can leave an indelible scar on someone's  body.. 

What is cute about that? I'm okay with having compassion for, and being amused by their antics from afar.. 

Haha!!  I just believe they deserve to be loved too. The owners, if they take care of them well, it will not bite others. You can stay afar, so they won't hurt you then. Being compassionate is a good thing and am glad you pity these dogs even though you are not a fan. You are not alone

11 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Never in a million years would I have thought that I could feel compassion for a dog, but I do now..

I don't know if it's cos of the fact that's it's a puppy, or because I know the dog isn't being treated right,  I just find myself having compassion for the dog.. 

This evening, the dog playfully kicked its bucket of water away, and Seconds later it started whimpering.. Out of compassion, I asked someone to help refil the dog's water..

The way the dog looked up at me ehn, it sent chills down my spine.. 

Its look was that of gratitude, and for a sec, I could swear I heard the dog say ' Thank you'

Good heavens,  why should I have compassion on an animal that can shoot my heart rate up with just its bark? 

Dogs are terrifying animals, can they go into extinction already? 

Lol. A few weeks from now, you and this dog will be friends. Distant friends lol

13 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Lol. A few weeks from now, you and this dog will be friends. Distant friends lol

Hahahahaha! 

You got that right. If it ever happens, we'd be Distant friends... 😁