Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Excerpts from my Diary 2013; My HOD (6)

Keke

20th April 2013

07:35 PM

I’d rather spend my Saturday morning sleeping and listening to music when I am not working. That is not going to be the case today.

Today is the office getaway.

11:00 PM

Welfare committee had settled for a dinner party. Fine by me. I did not have a date, my best friend Emeka had his girlfriend over for the weekend and so I could not invite him to be my date. Luckily for me, Cynthia my bosses secretary did not have a date either so we were stuck with each other the rest of the evening.

I overheard the office gossips saying Doc has never attended any of such outings.

This is exactly why I was surprised to see her in the hall.

I went over with the secretary to briefly say hello to my HOD.

We didn’t talk much in public. She preferred to keep our closeness away from prying eyes of colleagues. She still preferred to be seen as the bad cop director who did not fraternize with employees. I had no issues with that.

Her response was curt.

Part of the act I guess.

22nd April 2013

I did not expect what I was confronted with at work today.

When I opened my HOD’s door, her eyes were a blazing furnace.

“Is it really?” was her reply to my Good morning.

“Of all people to pick as your date and flirt the whole evening away with, my secretary? How could you? It did not even bother you that I was right there!”

I was taken aback for a minute. So that was it. The curt reply was not the act I felt it was. If I did not know better, I would say it was lovers quarrel.

“Are you that randy? You didn’t even care that I was right there!” she continued in an angry muffled voice.

“Really Doc? Really? What on earth is so wrong about conversing with another girl who like me did not have a date for the evening? Are you really going to be jealous over something like that?”

“Oh pls Ego! You cannot really think I am jealous. I cannot be bothered about what you do with your life. f***k every girl in the office.  Just don’t let it interfere with your work!” She had regained a little composure and assumed her regal posture behind her desk.

I braced off for a wave of dismissal, none came.

We proceeded to work. We were having clients over by 1 pm. Halfway into the discussion there was another muffled outburst, “Is that how easily you move on?”

She ignored my pleading gaze and countenance.

By now, I was sure it was a very intense lover’s fight.

“So what I said I am not into women? could you not at least respect me and not rub any girl in my face for up to three months?” … “It’s not as if I care, or as if anything will ever happen between us, but I expect some level of mutual respect.”

I wanted to shut her up with a kiss, but I was not about to make up her mind for her.

I know what is happening. The internal conflict going on within her; being from a very religious background. The denial of being attracted to me, the denial of being jealous, the denial of loving a woman.

I will not make up her mind for her with a kiss. That is the easy way out. I will let her go through the stages of self-realisation up to the point of acceptance. And even after that, I will give her a little more time to realise that this is a turn of a lifetime.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, vina said:

I can't wait till they smash.. this is really amazing.

The chemistry is sizzling..

Took the words out of my mouth yo 😆