Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

An anonymous thread in an anonymous forum.

Guest Thinker

Guest Thinker

I created this to write out my thoughts on certain issues that's bothering me, especially about my personal life. I just want to pour it here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are there people like me out there? People who are hurt; who are longing for love and acceptance; who tend to hide how they truly feel behind a mask?

At this moment that I write this, my heart hurts, it hurts that I want to cry.

Sometimes I feel like I won't last in this world because I'm not strong enough. 

Guest Thinker

Sometimes, I contemplate suicide. Like, which is the best way to end your life without causing yourself much pain? Because I don't want to wake up after that. I just want to go from there.

Guest Megamind
7 hours ago, Guest Thinker said:

Sometimes, I contemplate suicide. Like, which is the best way to end your life without causing yourself much pain? Because I don't want to wake up after that. I just want to go from there.

This is a very tough place to be. A place of feeling that there is nothing more to live for. It may seem like the easier option when compared to the constant striving and struggle met with each day but I want you to take a step back and think of those you will leave behind.

Think of the loved ones whose lives may never be the same if you decide to go that route. Think of the pain and grief that that singular act would bring. Think not of yourself alone but of others whose lives are also tied to yours.

Truth is, we all need some form of anchor to keep holding on to this life. No one told us growing up and becoming an adult would be hard.

A good place to start would be to ask yourself "what would make me truly happy?" Or "what is worth living for? Is there something that if it happened would give me a reason to want to wake up each day?" On and on... 

You need to answer those questions for yourself and take it from there. Then, pursue that thing selfishly. Pursue it like it's the only reason you were brought to earth for. Make it your life goal. From then on, life may seem more bearable perhaps...

Hang in there okay? You are much stronger than you think and you are a god. You can create and shape your life. You aren't disadvantaged. You need to start with these sort of affirmations. Strengthen your mind and in no time, you would have become that which you constantly profess yourself to be.

We're here for you and we would not allow you quit on yourself. Hugs.

Guest Stark
On 03/26/2018 at 11:44 PM, Guest Thinker said:

Hang in there dear. Life gets better. Also, if the cause of your struggle is a person, cut them off. You are deserving of love and love will come.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Crazy

So I'm wondering, did guest Thinker take the advice of the people here or did she finally find a better way of dying???😕

Guest Thinker, where art thou!?!?