Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Cheating and Full Disclosure

Damiee

If you knew your close friend’s significant other was cheating on her, would you tell her? If yes, how would you tell her? Also, would your approach be different if they were married? 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Mehn.... the keyword here for me is "close". I would. It is then up to her to do with the information as she pleases. I'm ready to risk her being upset with me. I'd rather live with that than the guilt which would eat me alive if I did nothing.

How would I tell her? *sighs*... there is never an easy way of going about this sort of conversation. I'll start by probing her about the state of their relationship and if everything between them is cool. I'll ask her if she thinks/senses that a few things are amiss etc... whatever her answers are, I'll take it from there. 

If the friend were married? Lol! I would mind my business ni o. For better for worse mehn; she'll have to find that out on her own as I'm not ready to bear the weight of breaking up a marriage.

• Like 1

I would tell her. Married or single, cheating is cheating.. 

I don't like to keep things in, neither do I like to have anything weigh heavy on my mind. 

And, I am painfully blunt and honest. So yeah, I don't give a rat's behind if my friend should she decide that she wouldn't  have me as a friend anymore. I can live with that. 

What I can't live with, is not blowing the whistle.

I'm kukuma a Rebel, so..☺ 

It depends on how "close" my friendship is. If it is that kind of friendship, i will spill thoroughly but sensitively. 

Current situation for me. Planning on telling her. If she was married though, not so sure I would. Spilling in that case, would depend on a number of factors.