Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Girlfriend's cotchie stinks

Phegore

ok I was asked this question a lot by friends in lesbian relationships and even by guys in heterosexual relationships about their girlfriends and the impact it is having in their relationships...please your advice would be appreciated.

Question 1-a friend on this platform implored me to ask for advise on the topic of your girlfriend not smelling fresh down there.

she says "It is a major turn off.i also have issues with how she disposes of her sanitary  items.i can mention it but I don't want to hurt her feelings or start a fight.All of this causes me not want to have sex with her when otherwise I would be down for it all the time.How can you tell a grown woman about her hygiene,especially someone you love???.what should I do???...it is destroying my relationship"

Thanks in advance guys.

• Moderators

Truth is that there is no easy way to this. In my opinion, I'll rather rip the bandage off as quickly as I can to make it less awkward for us both. 

My approach would be to go to the pharmacy, get some medication to treat the common vaginal infections then I will sit her down lovingly and tell her to try it... comversation would probably go "I think you have an infection down there. Nothing to be ashamed of. Try this and let's see if it helps". 

If I were in your friend's shoes, I would be tempted to run but there's no way I would be getting intimate with her until it is resolved... These things are a major turn off. 

You need to speak up o.. but tact is key. Silence would only cause you pain and would ultimately be the death of the relationship. Tell her about the sanitary towel disposal as well. You could lighten up the conversation e.g "girl! Lol. Na wa for you o... what kind of horror movie is this one 😁. why not try..."🙄☻

I remember one of my exes not being comfortable with the way i washed my tutu. I was like come on dude "this is the right way to wash it, this is the hygienic way"

she didn't speak much, took me to the bathroom and showed me. Safe to say i have been washing the holy jerusalem that way till now.

point is, action speaks louder. There are over the counter drugs that will work wonders in about a week. Not expensive at all, so get them and tell her its beneficial to cleanse the vagina like from time to time. Make sure she takes them.

all my years of whoring, i have only come across 2 smelly kittys, even the random sexcapedes were clean. I am one lucky mofo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vina said:

I remember one of my exes not being comfortable with the way i washed my tutu. I was like come on dude "this is the right way to wash it, this is the hygienic way"

she didn't speak much, took me to the bathroom and showed me. Safe to say i have been washing the holy jerusalem that way till now.

point is, action speaks louder. There are over the counter drugs that

My dear I told her to you know show her like you said while giving my own advice.She said she always try's her best to ensure they shower together and that she has stylishly taught her numerous times and even washed it for her too.

But the vayjayjay won't just let up.Over the last month,she has always changed our plans from hanging in her crib.I asked her why-She said always felt bad when I come visit because of distance and all.

she just confessed to me after I put this post up that it is the fact that her girlfriend's cotchie sometimes stinks up the place and that she's use to the odour,but It would be really awful for strangers.i also suggested drugs it could be virginal infection you know as @kimisaid.

Wawu!!

this is serious!!!

if it is that bad then her gf really needs to visit a doctor like Asap! STDs DESTROY WOMBS!!! It can actuall render a woman infertile, its that serious.

this one don pass shame abeg, sit that girlfriend down and tell her the truth. Over the counter won't even do for this one. Its not a shameful thing at all, lots of us have actually gone to the hospital to see a doctor over vagina issues. Thats being a real woman, realising you have a problem and dealing with it. i am obssessed with smelling my vagina (yes, i do that and i wont even be sorry for that) because i dont want to hear stories.

@Phegore This is an emergency. The girl needs treatment asap, PID is not fun.

Sha! I feel her pain. 

I think she really have to make her understand she needs treatment and is for the good their relationship and if she is not will she could work out.

For someone that can not stand bad smell, Na steady squeezing be that.

On 03/05/2018 at 8:46 AM, Phegore said:

she just confessed to me after I put this post up that it is the fact that her girlfriend's cotchie sometimes stinks up the place and that she's use to the odour,but It would be really awful for strangers

Wow! That is pretty serious. She needs to see a doctor asap.

Like @vina mentioned above, there could be lasting damages to her reproductive system. 

Please advise your friend to tell her gf to see a doctor immediately.

I'm painfully blunt. I would straight up tell her that I think she has poor hygiene and that she should see a doctor and get treatment cos obviously she has some kinda infection. 

Meanwhile, we would have to take a break while she gets help. 

I cannot stand any pungent odour.

If she listens to me and do just that, and her honey pot is restored to its fullness and glory, then we are all good. 

If she doesn't seek help, then it's flight at my end. 

• Haha 3

I like all the responses here, reminds me of a Chinese poem that says "When you lose a dangerous amount of weight, a good friend will tell you you're skinny, a better friend will give you a sandwich."

To add to @Midnighter's comment about the clinic, she doesn't have to push her to do it alone, they can do the tests together. It's like going to have a HIV test together rather than saying the other person should go do it since you've done yours before.

Talk to her about it. Get her femfresh. Monitor her diet.  Go see a doctor if it's really bad. 

Some girls sef, instead of discussing it with her partner and getting her help. You telling your friends your gf p**sy stinks. Smh

• Administrators
On 5/5/2018 at 9:29 AM, Ivyy said:

I'm painfully blunt. I would straight up tell her that I think she has poor hygiene and that she should see a doctor and get treatment cos obviously she has some kinda infection. 

Meanwhile, we would have to take a break while she gets help. 

I cannot stand any pungent odour.

If she listens to me and do just that, and her honey pot is restored to its fullness and glory, then we are all good. 

If she doesn't seek help, then it's flight at my end. 

Straight up!

• Like 1