Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

HELP!

Toyo

Ok I’ll just go straight to the point, like I don’t know what to do, I have a gf A and uhm I’ve got this very close friend too B, a stud , so like cause of how close we are, B was always like she really wants to know the girl I’m dating and all cos she knows I’m not really into having relationships like that, ok so I gave her A, my gf number cos she was persistent and all, that’s like 2 months ago, recently my gf started this late night chats that she doesn’t do before and I asked her why she was up chatting late, and she told me, she just talking to my friend B, like casual talks around 3am, I was kinda bothered but decided to let it go, since she was being honest, last night we were on the call and she called me By B’s name and like she didn’t even notice that, but like damn I dunno I’ve not been so cool since then, I told her this morning and asked her about it, she was like uhm it’s a mistake no biggie and B has kinda changed since like a week ago, we don’t talk like we used to... so like I dunno rn I’m stuck, and can’t stop thinking about it.

come straight out and tell A you don't feel comfortable the way she's getting close to B. Have same talk with B too. Why are you shying away talking to them about what makes you uncomfortable about your defined rship..

Get them together dear, same place, same time preferably in a place without distractions and talk to them then monitor their countenance while at it. Am sensing something from your narrative and I know you think same thing but you can't be sure till you ask. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Calllaris said:

come straight out and tell A you don't feel comfortable the way she's getting close to B. Have same talk with B too. Why are you shying away talking to them about what makes you uncomfortable about your defined rship..

Yeah I told A that, I was like she’s getting too close to B and I’m not cool with it, and she was like ok that she’s got that, but I wouldn’t know if she still talks to b, like she can always lie about it 

30 minutes ago, DipBluSae said:

Lol call them and ask them..same time. Should be fun..

Heh ok lol I’ll try that 

LMAO! 

Sorry darling, you'd be fine. Experience is a wonderful teacher. 

3am? Maybe thats the best time to share bible verses. 

Great advice from chazbee, try it out. 

15 minutes ago, ChazBee said:

Get them together dear, same place, same time preferably in a place without distractions and talk to them then monitor their countenance while at it. Am sensing something from your narrative and I know you think same thing but you can't be sure till you ask. 

Yeah I’ll try that, thanks lol, like just too suspicious to take lightly, I’m feeling like a match maker already lol 

2 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

LMAO! 

Sorry darling, you'd be fine. Experience is a wonderful teacher. 

3am? Maybe thats the best time to share bible verses. 

Great advice from chazbee, try it out. 

Lol bible verses, I see 

1 hour ago, Toyo said:

Lol bible verses, I see 

Pls can I have A's number?

Just kidding..  

You'll be fine. 

Lol! I want to make a joke but I think it might come off as insensitive.

Question: Why didn’t you physically introduce them? I doubt they would have exchanged numbers if you were there and that would have been it. 

You told A you weren’t comfortable with them talking but didn’t tell B. Why? 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Toyo said:

I’m feeling like a match maker already lol 

Sadly this may be the case. But then again it could simply be a phase where she feels B is more emotionally accessible. Hopefully it is a phase of her meeting someone who she considers exciting and would simply come back to earth once it wears off 🙄

All the best with it. Those above me have given an apt course of action. 

1 hour ago, Damiee said:

Lol! I want to make a joke but I think it might come off as insensitive.

Question: Why didn’t you physically introduce them? I doubt they would have exchanged numbers if you were there and that would have been it. 

You told A you weren’t comfortable with them talking but didn’t tell B. Why? 

Ok uhm, I didn’t introduce them physically cos B doesn’t stay close, was in school at that time 

I couldn’t just tell B that out of the blue, cos we haven’t been talking much recently, like she’s been acting weird and takes offense at the slightest thing these days, whenever I ask her what’s wrong she’s just like she’s not in the mood that’s what even got me more suspicious, and mind you B just broke up with her gf recently 

46 minutes ago, kimi said:

Sadly this may be the case. But then again it could simply be a phase where she feels B is more emotionally accessible. Hopefully it is a phase of her meeting someone who she considers exciting and would simply come back to earth once it wears off 🙄

All the best with it. Those above me have given an apt course of action. 

Yeah I get that, and I hope so too, thanks 

No, you don't need to call a talk for both together, it ll give you up as vulnerable, it's a little extreme too

Do you all 'studs' exchange chicks now and then, and now you caught a feeling for A and don't want to share?

If not, take it seriously, don't assume things with either. Simply ask both what's going on with the other separately and take (trust) their (non-affirmative) answers for what it is, while still being watchful for if the unnecessary closeness doesn't change.

In this non affirmatively, especially for your gf, let her know you don't want her to be that close to anyone else, let alone your f.
Sometimes you need to put your foot down.

Bringing them together is inadvertently an assumption and will give more room for them to cache in to a weakness which they might already be usurping

7 hours ago, Calllaris said:

No, you don't need to call a talk for both together, it ll give you up as vulnerable, it's a little extreme too

Do you all 'studs' exchange chicks now and then, and now you caught a feeling for A and don't want to share?

If not, take it seriously, don't assume things with either. Simply ask both what's going on with the other separately and take (trust) their (non-affirmative) answers for what it is, while still being watchful for if the unnecessary closeness doesn't change.

In this non affirmatively, especially for your gf, let her know you don't want her to be that close to anyone else, let alone your f.
Sometimes you need to put your foot down.

Bringing them together is inadvertently an assumption and will give more room for them to cache in to a weakness which they might already be usurping

Okay thanks I got that, and no, we don’t share chicks 

This one weak me. Chatting by 3am? Are they doing online tutorials or online choir practice? Was expecting to hear A say the "we are just friends" nonsense talk.

Lmao all these studs sef that don't respect boundaries. Why will you be chatting with your friends gf by 3am. Smh

Anyway, personally i think you should calm down oh. Might be nothing.

Also, i dunno, are you guys realllllllllllllly close? Like are you sure the closeness is genuine? Not one sided? Because it makes no sense that she asked for your babes number when they've not even met. Very wan kain but also might be nothing.

Anyway, i have a general mistrust for studs so......

On 5/22/2018 at 8:22 AM, Hawken said:

Lmao all these studs sef that don't respect boundaries. Why will you be chatting with your friends gf by 3am. Smh

Anyway, personally i think you should calm down oh. Might be nothing.

Also, i dunno, are you guys realllllllllllllly close? Like are you sure the closeness is genuine? Not one sided? Because it makes no sense that she asked for your babes number when they've not even met. Very wan kain but also might be nothing.

Anyway, i have a general mistrust for studs so......

Yeah we are really close 

• 3 months later...

Haven’t been on here for the longest time, but yeah, update, they were actually dating, found their texts on my gf’s archived chat, after she denied it. Safe to say, I lost my friend and gf, but I’m way over that now......I think.